Register now to get rid of these ads!

whats the Hot Rod scene like around North Atlanta GA???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Gracie

Gracie

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Atlanta sucks... come to Vegas...

[/ QUOTE ]

You really do love me don't you? [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just cuz your husband has visions of threesomes... don't get me involved! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Atlanta sucks... come to Vegas...

[/ QUOTE ]

You really do love me don't you? [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just cuz your husband has visions of threesomes... don't get me involved! [​IMG] [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't act like it wasn't your idea [​IMG]

3. Oh,yeah,,,,,,and Atlanta doesn't have SNOW on the ground right now! [​IMG] HRP

4. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

[ QUOTE ]
    except I don't think we have a GM plant for him to transfer to.

[/ QUOTE ]

oops....missed that part.

5. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

My shop is in Doraville, maybe 5 minutes from the GM plant. I live 27 miles north of here right off I-85. Some days I can make the drive in 25 minutes, sometimes it takes an hour. If you can pick and choose your commute times you can avoid the worst of it. People are moving here everyday though, so traffic ain't scaring them off.

There are car shows all over town. One of my neighbors is into it and sometimes does 3-4 in a weekend. Bless his heart, the man loves a car show.

Drag race, road race and circle tracks are all within 30 miles of the house. Only once in 7 years have I had a neighbor complain about garage activities, and she was right. Being a gearhead is pretty normal around here.

If you move, welcome South brother. Leave your snow shovel with an uncle or somebody. 'Cause when it snows in Atlanta, most everybody stays inside and looks out the window until it goes away. You could get used to that.

6. ****hog**** ****mtn**** ****dave****,
    <****br**** />****do**** ****you**** ****need**** ****any**** ****help**** ****at**** ****the**** ****shop****, ****i**** ****can**** ****sweep**** ****floors**** ****really**** ****good****!!!!!!!

7. whooooo wtf????
    we'll try this again....
    Hog MTN Dave,
    You need any help around the shop??? I can sweep floors really good!!!!!

8. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

sounds like lots of car related activities. i'm more an dmore excited and thinking more seriously of putting in that transfer. thanks all...

9. [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    There's GM plant in Arlington, TX (Dallas-Fort Worth area). You could transfer there and then you have THEM!, Coolows, and Chupacabras right there. Plus a bunch of "unaffiliated" rodders.

Stop by on yer way to the Roundup and check it all out. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno if I could live THAT far from my parents [​IMG] [​IMG] At least they could DRIVE to GA in a day [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

My buddy Don and I drove to Dallas in a day... well we left at 10 Thursday night and got there at 4 Friday afternoon...

that's less than a day, right? [​IMG]

Jay

10. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Floor sweeper? That's my job. Can you tell lies and drink beer? Lots of positions open in that area.

11. My brother lives up there, Marietta, my sister-in-law is a teacher in Kennesaw...

Kennesaw is where you are required to own a gun, low crime.

Stevie G lives in Hiram, so you'll have a way to get your collection down. [​IMG]

It's nice up there, the usual Urban sprawl like most big cities.

Remember, you'll always be considered yankee... Especially by the big Applachian Mt. men. [​IMG]

12. Gracie

Gracie

There's a Honda plant and a Mercedes plant outside of Birmingham, AL... the Mercedes is hiring 2000 new emps as they are expanding... just in case you want to move to the 3rd World.

13. [ QUOTE ]
    Floor sweeper? That's my job. Can you tell lies and drink beer? Lots of positions open in that area.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm very experienced in drinking beer (from milwaukee ya know) lies, yah, i'm good at that too, like the fish that got away...
    where are you guys exactly? i'm in norcross

14. daren

daren

You know Gracie, I don't know the circumstances of you moving to vegas but i'm pretty sure all the car events out that way had something to do with it. I though about doing the same thing cause the car thing here sucks too. I just can't give up my southern heritage to move away. I'm proud to live here, just if you are into cars it kinda sucks.

I live down around Albany GA., and it really blows here but Atlanta sounds pretty cool. I'm just not sure if i'd want to fight the traffic. People always told me that town ain't been right since Sherman burned it. [​IMG]
    Just funnin of course

15. Gracie

Gracie

Daren dear... we all know that Alabama is 3rd world compared to Atlanta... and that Alabamians thank God daily for Mississippi. [​IMG]

I sooooo miss the South... I miss guys who open doors for women, and I miss hearing "Please Ma'am and Thank you sir"... and total strangers waving and nodding to each other... all that stuff.

16. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

There is a plant in Charolette. Just just need 30 years seniority to get there.

17. ****Gracie****,,,,****Do**** ****ya**** ****miss****,,, ****yes**** ****ma****'****am****,,,,,****and**** ****grits****,,,****and**** ****corn**** ****liquor****? <****img**** ****src****="****http****://****www****.****jalopyjournal****.****com****/****ubbthreads****/****images****/****graemlins****/****smile****.****gif****" ****alt****="" />****HRP****

18. What the hell is going on? ,,,I didn't put all the ********************************'s in the post! [​IMG]HRP

19. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

HRP, I'll try a post to check what's going on . We'll see if it happens to me.

Frank

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

No editing posts till the new HAMB is up and running

21. hollywud

hollywud

[ QUOTE ]
    The Accelerators are from somewhere in GA.
    Atlanta is about 4 hours from my house....so you got the Greazy Hubcapz within about 4 hours. Theres plenty of shows in eastern Tennessee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats all you have to say??? You Suck Von....Thanks for the Plug bro. [​IMG] [​IMG]

22. Josh, in your looking for a new place, you either have to find a place with a nextstore house for sale or run your neighbors out....then i could be your neighbor!

23. Yah for real!!! I am surely looking for a seperate shop with lots of room. I may go out to HOG MTN

24. Kustombuilder....COME ON DOWN!!

We'd love to have you.
    Nobody Middle income lives in Atlanta.
    Everone commutes....hence the traffic.
    Lots to do and see.
    Been here eight years and still have so much left to see.
    Lots of cool folks and cool shops.

25. Phil1934

Phil1934

First thing up is Moultrie this weekend. Look on the map in the SW corner. Twice a year 1st W/E in Feb. and last W/E before Thanksgiving. I made the fall so am sitting this one out.

26. Plum Crazy

Plum Crazy
    from Canton, GA

Every Tuesday morning at the Marietta Diner on 41. R.O.M.E.O. (Retired Old Men Eating Out) meet at 8 AM rain or shine.

First Sunday of every month "shine only" Caffeine & Octane
    8:00am – 11:00am on the first Sunday of every month off Windward Parkway in Alpharetta GA

caffeineandoctane.com

27. cartersville, just north of hotlanta. good cruise in usually 250 - 300 cars on first sat each month. i never seen so many 60s hemi cars and 40 ford in my life. moved here from panama city ,fl. the red neck riviera in 93 just to get closer to more activities. honest charlies in chatt. bowlingreen, , a lot of things to do and see and good weather.

28. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Wow. This is an OG thread.

29. We could reflect on how the scene has changed in 7 years but I can't seem to remember most of it.

30. Aceswild

Aceswild

Where in Cartersville? I used to go to the 4th of July show at Delinger park every year with my Grandpa. Wanna take the old 40 back up this year in memory of me and Grandpa's good times.

I drive up to see my Grandma a couple times a month though and would like to check out this cruise in next visit.

Andy