Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's the Holy Grail of rare parts?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hester, Jan 24, 2008.

1. How different are those trays over other high HP chevy small blocks that might include a Z/ or T1 in their name?

2. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

They are a front sump pan so as different as a Ford and Chevy.
    Here is one I made from an early Corvette 327 windage tray.
    20181212_071949.jpg

3. John Starr

John Starr

I paid $20 for this boost gauge at an estate sale. I was planning on using it on my car because it looked old and different. Then I googled it... and sold it for $850 cash two days later.

Turns out this is an original, rare 60s Paxton supercharger boost gauge, used in tandem with a matching Paxton fuel pressure gauge -- some found on what few Shelby mustangs that came stock with Paxton superchargers back then. (older McCullough variants -- the famous triple set -- were also used in the 50s on Studebakers.)

The guy who bought it had a original Paxton-equippped Shelby Mustang with the original fuel pressure gauge and mounting plate, and was only missing the boost gauge. He said both gauges together with the original plate could fetch over $2,000. I had his Holy Grail.

The funny part? Not knowing what I had in my hand that day at the estate sale, I had haggled the price down from $25!

I was super happy it went to the right person in the end.

PaxtonBoost1.jpg

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  4. BUC_2_cockpit_sm.JPG
    It could also be from an aircraft built in the 40s. I had a Stinson that had a similar type of wheel, but not a match to the wheel pictured. Older commercial aircraft had a similar wheel design.
    It would still be as rare as chickenlips.
    Regarding the picture, sorry for the lousy colour balance, but it is an old scan.
    Bob

5. Hotdoggin DaddyO

Hotdoggin DaddyO
    from Hays, Ks

6. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Halibrand 101.[​IMG]

Deuces likes this.
  7. 51 mercules

51 mercules

And a Riley 4 port.[​IMG]

Deuces likes this.
  8. I've had both of those. Sold the 4 port early this year. Still got the quick change.

Sent from my SM-G965U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

51 mercules likes this.
  9. 51 mercules

51 mercules

I had a harder time finding the quick change than the Riley.