Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What's the going rate for GMC 302"s these days?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PackardV8, May 5, 2018.

1. PackardV8

PackardV8

I just heard of a school bus boneyard in the Idaho woods which has some mid-'50s GMCs still sitting and not rusting too much. Anyone here looking to have one built? What's the going rate for these desirable complete Jimmy 302" cores?

jack vines

kidcampbell71 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. buses are very popular, lots of folks looking for em
    not here (no so ya could notice anyway) but other places
    302s......great motors...how much?.....what ever someone will pay for em
    I have seen them from 300-1200

3. Up here 300-1500

They are pricey to build, if they run. Even like crap, but run the money goes up

Kinda the “ hot” Inliner right now , the 261 is a bit more popular only because there are more of them around.

4. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Jack.Put this question in the Inliners International web site. You should get lots of response. Might try the Landspeed Racing site also. It's getting pretty hard to find a 302 these days. Guys want them.

5. PackardV8

PackardV8

Hi, Rich,
    Always good to know you're still in town, still around.

I went over to Inliners. They have a Ford section, Mopar section, Jeep section, but nothing for GM. How weird is that?

Anyway, I'll join and post. It's not about the money, but being an obsolete guy, I know how hard it is to find one when you need it.
    jack

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I don't know what is going on with that. I am Inliner #9. It was started for Chevy and GMC racers. And 302s are still pretty popular on the salt.

7. Gofannon

Gofannon

Ford, Mopar, and Jeep are the "other" engines. All the GM stuff is on the main board called "Engines" and "High Performance".

Stovebolt likes this.