Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What's the going rate for a 29-31 Pontiac 3 Window?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bodi, Oct 3, 2012.

1. This is not a what is it worth thread, as I haven't found a car.

I've really been in to the 29-31 Pontiac 3 windows lately, but, can't really find much information around as to what a project car is going for. I know there are a few guys on here with them, just wondering what all you think a decent body or somewhat complete roller would go for. I have a pretty slick engine for one already.

I may be adding a thread in the wanted section soon..:rolleyes::) Hell, anyone who has one laying around, go ahead and drop me a line.:D

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  2. gtowagon

gtowagon

I guess it's what you will pay I looked for 20+ years before I found my 31 5 window I looked at lots of junk for 5K and some nice restored / originals in the 10-20K range I finally found mine and paid 7500 I might have found one for less but it was rust free the wood was all intact and solid and it was close to home. The biggest problem with the GM cars is the wood once it rotate the body falls apart and it's junk unless you are a miracle worker. I recommend buying the most compleat and solid car you can find the extra parts will bring some refund

3. Yeah, I knew the wood would be an issue, especially in my part of the country. I've found a few stock complete runners in the 10k range, but, I'd prefer to find a roller or project car for what I intend to do. Not to mention, 10k is just a bit much for me to start cutting up at the moment.

20 years of searching eh??? Well, looks like I better get started.

4. zeke1270

zeke1270
    from Alberta

A friend's 1930, never get tired of this one.

[​IMG]

5. zeke that is a very nice Pontiac!

bodi, they aren't gettin any cheaper so I'd say if you can swing it, not to pass up very many when you find them. I paid 2300 for a barn fresh solid totally original complete and driveable 30 coupe-but that was in 1998. It's still just as I found it and I would expect my coupe to go for at least 8000+ now. No, it's not for sale:D

Good luck as I like seeing 30-31 Pontiacs back on the road either original or rodded!

6. Thanks for making me drool even more Zeke. They sure do have nice lines.

Thanks RareRodder. I'm seriously on the hunt. I'd be just fine with a fairly complete body. I can do the chassis myself, but, I understand it would be unlikely to find a decent body with no chassis or structural wood to support the body and help keep it nice.

What kind of room would you say you have inside your coupe? Does it compare much to an A or a deuce. The Pontiacs always seemed just a hair larger externally, but then again, it's not like I see nearly as many in person as I do Fords.

Feel free to post some pictures. We may as well turn this in to a Pontiac thread. I've got a great motor lined up, and would love to do an all Pontiac build.

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

best to put ad in Wanted Section here. if you find one anywhere near your price range buy it.

8. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

This might not be relative, but in 1996 I sold my very nice condition and perfectly running factory-original '31 Pontiac 5 window coupe for $8000. I thought the price was a bit low, but I needed the space. I sold it to a museum in the Carolina's.