Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's the difference between Carter WCD 882S and the 882SA

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Tom-Lo, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Tom-Lo

Tom-Lo

Hi All!
    I have been stalking this forum for quite a while and I'm impressed by all the knowledge here, but this is my first entry here.
    I have a 1953 Buick Special Riviera that originally had a WCD 882SA and when that one broke (corroded casting) I replaced that with a rebuilt WDC 882S, but the car is not running as smooth as these in-line eights are capable of.
    So, Is there a significant difference between the 882SA and the 882S?

Thanks in advance
    Tommy in Sweden

2. You should have read the rules of the HAMB if you been lurking "quite a while"..The forum page you are on is CLEARLY stated INTRODUCE YOURSELF here...

3. Tom-Lo

Tom-Lo

Oops, I'm sorry, I will do that now!

4. Tom-Lo

Tom-Lo

Now, Sir, when I have Introduced myself, did You have any input in the actual matter?

Best regards
    Tommy

5. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Doubtful.......

6. Sorry I do not have an answer for you. Hang in there, someone will chime in with an answer and maybe some tuning tips.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Posting the question on the main board will help a ton. Not too many of the members come through here.

lothiandon1940 and wraymen like this.
  8. ^Damn I didn't even know this wasn't on the main page. I came across it on a google search for some other Carter info. Yes KJSR's reply will help a bunch. Mine, not so much.:)

9. Tom-Lo

Tom-Lo

Ok, thanks. As I'm a newbie here I didn't know the smartest way to get across... thanks!