Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's the coolest thing you found in an old car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kentucky, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Way to ruin this thread. LoL

ME.GASSER and chevy57dude like this.
  2. When my wife can't find me. That's the first place she looks too. Lol I guess the coolest thing I've ever found is, lots of old vintage beer and other tin cans. I always check out cars in junkyards for them. I've found some in very good condition. RON.....

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chevy57dude likes this.
  3. Zebedee

Zebedee

Found this in my old bus when i bought it.
    2018-02-17 16.13.27.jpg
    2018-02-17 16.09.37.jpg

4. jazz1

jazz1

970F1457-395C-44DA-80DD-742CC4ECFADA.jpeg Of the vehicles I have bought. 1 ladies wedding band in seat cover pocket. Another vehicle 1/2 oz chunk of hash stuffed between top and bottom of seat cushion. Interior light for my '41 in a tool box of another parts truck I dragged home and a most rare license plate light for a '48 Sedan delivery in a random parts box

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  5. hot_devil_6

hot_devil_6

So nice to read!
    The Car still have those "battle scars" ;-)

Attached Files:

Truck64 and DBruce like this.
  6. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

I once found a Holman and Moody aluminum "short track" intake and aluminum valve covers for a FE Ford in the trunk of a junker 53 Ford 4dr I bought for 100 bucks to get the overdrive transmission. Have no idea what it is worth,but it has to be pretty rare.

7. Doublepumper

Doublepumper
    from WA-OR, USA

Ha! I found a Wise Lock key taped to the choke cable under the dash of my pickup......after I destroyed the Wise Lock gas cap that was on the fuel filler neck..... facepalm2.gif

key.jpg

LowKat and caseywheels like this.
  8. olds vroom

olds vroom

Bump

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

9. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

Gail... too bad I can’t post the pictures

10. I bought a '63 Belair which was sitting for a few years. When I looked under the hood, everything looked OK, except.. the back of the mill was held up a rope, because there was no trans. The trunk was locked, only a couple of doors worked, so I towed it home. When I tried my "jiggle and twist" collection of old GM keys, I got the trunk open, and the Powerglide was in there. Put it all back together, fired up the mill, and drove the car. I could never figure out why they pulled the trans in the first place.

egads and Thor1 like this.
  11. In the late 60s I bought this '59 Lincoln for cheap off a used car lot. It was one of the BIG ones, had about an acre of back seat. My girlfriend decided to do me a favor and clean the interior. When she was done, she walked up to me with a funny look on her face and handed me a fist full of these...........

clips.jpg

Fortunately, I'd only had the car a few weeks and my whereabouts was pretty much documented and I didn't have to produce any alibies. :rolleyes:

DBruce, Thor1 and raven like this.
  12. raven

raven

Besides those are vintage.
    r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Thor1 likes this.
  13. fabricator john

fabricator john
    from venice fl.

late 80s vw squareback , tearin down for resto big ol bag of hundred year old dried up weed,,
    90s 36 chevrolet glove box had origonal gm dealers accessory catalog, and a reenlistment form from 54 i think ,,,, recently 50s willys jeepster panel truck doin rust work at the bottom of the a pillars between both sides i got 13 church keys customer dident want em so i i kept the good ones and are in my tool box, theres more but these are ones in my mind actually been doin restos 25yrs now found lots o stuff allways gave it to the customer ,,,
    fabricator john
    miss you dad

egads, DBruce, Thor1 and 1 other person like this.