Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's the coolest thing you found in an old car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kentucky, Aug 20, 2004.

1. That's funny, I thought the same thing!

2. barnett127

barnett127

My air cleaner lid was missing on my Imperial when I bought it. Found it under the front seat. Not very cool and interesting but I was extremely happy. The back seat was filled full of mouse nests and loose change.

3. 76formulafiend

76formulafiend

4. hotrodbill

hotrodbill

I found an old box of Marlboro cigarettes behind the glove box of a car I was working on. Still new and wrapped in cellophane, but obviously several years old.

I thought I would smoke 'em.....and didn't make it past the first puff.
    Good god, they were nnnaaassssty!

5. tjmercury

tjmercury

Found a 1968 Ka-Bar in the fender well of the trunk in the wife's 56 DeSoto, sheath and all!

6. Ha! I had one of those about 1966!

7. a small bag of weed !!!

8. The coolest thing i ever found was..... Myself! i'm pretty cool driving that ol' 57 ford f-100 around...haha!!!! sorry, had to do it ....dont hate guys :)

9. SCRIBE35

SCRIBE35
    from California

When I was writing service at a Ford dealership, a guy brought in a new Ranger p/u with an airbag light on- He was quite possibly the biggest asswipe I've ever met, whining and crying that his new truck was a lemon blah blah blah.
    A tech checked it out and it was throwing a code for a bad underseat harness, which had to be special-ordered. More whining and crying like it was the end of the world.
    The next Saturday he came in to have the harness replaced. Again he whined and threatened like the P.O.S he was.
    A few hours later, the tech came to me and said the wrong harness had come in.... but the reason the harness was bad was that the customer had wedged a wooden box under the seat.... a box full of weed and a triple-beam scale.
    I called the customer and told him the harness we ordered was wrong. Before I could get to the part about the box, he screamed that he would be right over to kick the crap out of all of us.
    An hour later, I'm in the back lot with two police officers who were dropping off their Crown Vic' when I hear my name being paged to the service drive. Sure enough, it's tough guy holding a baseball bat. As I round the corner, he starts pounding the bat into his open palm....until he sees the two cops right behind me. He looked around quickly and sees the wooden box on my desk.

Panic covers his face while he decides what to do.

He drops the bat and runs away.

His mom picked up the truck 2 days later.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
    safetythird likes this.
  10. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

Found this heart shape metal or silver thing out of my 87 911 turbo i was converting too a track car ,and gave it too my wife and she didn't mind the car after that.

View attachment 1679161

11. 1950'S "Joy of Cooking" cookbook. Great reading, especially some of the items you can just "pick up at the local market or butcher shop".

12. Deucefanny

Deucefanny
    from Australia

Shit that's funny. I bet he looked for that spanner for weeks. Hope ya left it there.

13. Found a real nice Case folding lockblade knife. But then I lost it in some old car in a junkyard. Karma I guess.

14. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I found the fingers, I thought I was the only one who had found body parts

15. hardy541

hardy541

I found a half used can of Copenhagen, empty Coors and a whole bunch of receipts for gas in my 1963 chevy C60.

16. 62131

from glasgow,ky

I found a whole bunch of change and old marbles and a coin from Dodge Brothers in a 36 Dodge that I was building, sold the Dodge coin for $153.00 on the big E

17. manyolcars

manyolcars

I've heard of lead pipe all my life but never seen any except lead drain pipe

18. Quintin

Quintin

found a 1967 quarter under the factory undercoating on a nonhamb friendly mustang fastback gt that we restored at work

19. von zipper

von zipper

The build sheet for my Galaxie,and a hand written list of all the things that was done to the motor. Unfortunatly, when I called the number,it didn't work!

20. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

Modt intresting thing I ever found was this Bucheimer

Attached Files:

21. Took out the rear seat of a 1968 Roadrunner that I purchased for $100.00. The car had been sitting behind a gas station in Pine Valley, California. I found three of those pantyhose mask thingys that liquor store robbers use over their faces and about $125.00 in loose quarters and other change. The ex-owner was some girl from El Centro. I figured the fast car was used for robberies at some point and dumped in the desert. First time I ever "got paid" to buy a car!!

22. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

23. PKap

PKap
    from Alberta

Friend bought a nice 55 Pontiac field car. Vintage Ludwig foot peddle under the seat. The car was complete minus the hood trim. Two weeks later, bought a 56 Chevy wagon parts car from 2 hours away. Under all the junk in the back was 2 nice sets of 55 Pontiac hood trims. That was pretty cool.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

24. hammered30

hammered30
    from west aus

For give my ignorance but what is it and what do you do with it?

25. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

I found a set of craftsman wrenchs and a eastwing hammer in the trunk of my model a

26. A brand new set of Craftsman 1/2 in dr. ratchet and sockets. This was in 1964. Still have and use 'em.

27. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

It's a blackjack, Google it and you'll see.

28. It get one's attention, guick/easy & fast!

29. Futura63

Futura63
    from N/W ohio

When I took over possesion of grandpas 49 stude pick-up there was a corn picker in the box .. yep an original piece of history ! for all the youngens out there way befor all the huge green n red machines guys like my granpa harvested by HAND ! A glove with a hook attached to it did the job 1 ear at a time .. I remember moveing the truck ahead as he picked and tossed it in the back . man them guys were tough ! anyone want to try it on 100 acers ?

30. I have seen it done, The Masonic Home of Maryland, Bonny Blink, still has a Corn Husking Breakfast, no more corn, just lots of sausage links. (at least I hope it still happens)