Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's the coolest thing you found in an old car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kentucky, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Dave7

Dave7
    from Canada

I found this old Fuzz Buster II radar detector in my old Reliant Scimitar

[​IMG]

some thong panties in my Lada Niva

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  2. 69supercj

69supercj

Jimmy Hoffa, j/k! Coolest thing I've ever found was an old white plastic PF Flyer claw shaped gadget that had a built in whistle and then you could open it up and it had a sun dial and some kind of secret de-coder thing-a-ma-jig

3. 85930tudor

85930tudor

i bought a 1940 buick century that had a bad rattel when you hit a bump .when i finally tore it down in the right rear quater panel was a brown orange crush bottle that had a note in it that said. you have heard me for while now you found me a#$hole

4. cw1949

cw1949

^^^^^ That sir is hilariuous ^^^^^

5. hogridenfool

hogridenfool
    from chicago

I was working a second job at a local tire shop years ago,and had this Jamacian guy come in for an alignment, I finished the car he left,complained about the price.
    He called telling us now that you aligned the car the windows are steaming up,this was 3 week's later,my boss told me he wanted to cut him a deal and shut him up.
    I put a heater core in and parked it,about 2 months go by and he never came to pick up the car,my boss had me drive to this guy's gas station to talk to him,the the guy told me that he was'nt there anymore and don't know where he is they think he went back to Jamacia.
    Well 4 months go by my boss said push it in to the street let the city tow it,it's too old (1969 Impala) it's not worth putting a mechanic lien on it he told me,I asked him can I have the engine out of it (427)had 90,000 miles on it but it was all there, when I took out the front seat to put in my Impala, we found a canvas bank deposit bag with a zipper on top that you had to open with a key and the key was with his car keys I opened it and there was $4500.00 in it I never told the boss about it but the service manager was a friend of mine we split it,that was the best thing i found.
    My father in law drove a tow truck for a junkyard that had a contract with the city of chicago auto pound he would break into the trunk's .
    He had tool boxes full of snap on tools mac craftsman,gun's a shotgun,air compressor,money you name it......

6. Truckeez

Truckeez

I found a "million dollar steel penny" 1943 in my 37 gmc--Too bad it was too corroded to be worth the mil!

7. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I came out of a bar once and found a really hot chick in my pickup. She didn't turn me loose for 3-4 days. That was pretty cool.

8. My father worked at Ford's Atlanta Assembly Plant from 1952 until his retirement in '82. Although Daddy only had an 8th grade education, he was a smart man who came up with many good suggestions that saved the company money and paid off for him. Most of my college education was paid for by his suggestion awards over the years.

9. CruiserUser

CruiserUser

Probably the little notebook with mileage and price of each fillup since new, all service with mileage, and a little half completed love note in my '63 Landcruiser (I know, not exactly a typical HAMBer car). Sadly it was accidently thrown out during a shop cleanup.

10. White Trash Renegade

White Trash Renegade
    from Derby, KS

I found a close family friends workshirt in a O/T van I bought years ago. I kept it all these years for some reason. Sadly, he passed away late last year. I'll probably give it to his son when he gets older.

11. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Found quite a few things in my old vehicles I've owned
    Found about 56 beer bottle caps under the rear seat of my 73 AMC Javelin I had

In my 73 Gremlin I had i found an old map of Tampa Bay with the old bridge on the cover long before a cargo ship smashed through it back in the early 80's? and then the Skyway bridge was built

Found a AC/DC keychain/bottle opener and a " If You Aint From Dixie then you aint shit" hatpin in my 78 Ford F150

In my 60 F100 in the glove box and wired even was a oold 60's era Oldsmobile factory radio that I sold on ebay for 75$

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  12. drl8tns

drl8tns
    from Maine

I restored a 70 Ferrari Datona ( I know but it's still an old car ) and under the carpet in the right rear, laminated into the fiberglass was a centerfold from a girlie mag. Must have been a factory option!

13. OneWay

OneWay

An old Bologna sandwich wrapped in foil used to fill in the rocker panel on my 60 chevy.Covered in bondo Still had petrified brown lettuce on it. I was really hungry at the time, but I didn't eat it.

14. newpy383

newpy383

When i was a kid we went to sheriff auctions in missoula montana. My dad would buy 3 or 4 cars and my brother and i got to go through them once we got them home. The coolest thing we found was in a 74 montego. We popped the trunk and there was a small block chevy weiand blower and a set of mags slots. A good find in a $200 car.

15. 69javman

69javman

Looking in trunks in the junkyard- a brand new '67 AMC brakedrum unopened, a Rebel Machine 390 intake manifold and Jesus big snake under the back seat. Appeared to be hibernating because it was all coiled up, and didn't move when I pulled out the seat.

16. 94hoghead

94hoghead

a box of condoms hidden over the radio.....

17. dudley32

dudley32

Spare change and not much else...d32

Sorry !!

18. SwedeVedette

SwedeVedette

Havent found any cool stuff in cars except for alot of sparechange and some reindeer horns(no clue what they did in the back of that Volvo?) but once when we went through a old "ghosthouse" we found a coincollection full of old coins from around the world, including a whole bunch of german swastika coins and bills!

Sold almost everything to a collector, but saved a few of the swastika coins and bills.. Im gonna see if I can find them and post some pics.

19. Derwood

Derwood

The four vintage ET tourque thrust style wheels on my 64 cutlass were in the trunk. 52 chev had dead 'possum under seat with bullet hole through seat, through 'possum,then floor! 67 caddy calais, found not one but two big ass black snakes, alive and not happy!

20. todztoyz

todztoyz

My 51 chev had a brand new holley fuel injection setup in the trunk, no use to me, but good swapmeet money!

21. RiKi5156

RiKi5156

A few years back(2002) a buddy bought a running 37 Chrysler Royal 4dr in real nice shape for $1200. A good enough deal I thought,nicely done new cloth interior,perfectly straight body,good driver missing only the script "Royal" on the nose. We both looked all over trying to find that piece. Oh well. A couple years later I bought a 37 Desoto to make a cheap street rod and in cleaning it out I found a "Royal" script in the trunk! I gave it to him and it finished his car.

22. hotrodtim

hotrodtim

True story here. BUT unbelievable! I have a good friend in Dayton OH. and his Dad passed away, and when he died he left him this older 4 door car that he had been driving. I think it was a 70s Buick or Olds. I cant remember. But anyway. HE did not want to keep the car and was going to sell it. He was cleaning out the trunk and up towards the front part of the trunk up next to the back seat springs was a bag. So he pulled it out thinking it was some old trash and looked in it and it had $40,000 big ones in it. He nearly passed out. Until this day he does not know if his dad had put it there for him to find? or if it had been there from before, and his Dad never new it was there. It is a mystery. He may never find out where it came from. But he was a very happy man that day. The most i ever found was an old silver dollar.

23. tjmercury

tjmercury

Bought a 56 desoto for my wife, when we got it home we found an old chrome/brass rayovac flashlight (that still works), an old "bullet" tire guage, and six old road maps in perfect condition ranging fron 1947 to 1959. In the trunk was a small 1969 "kabar" knife still in the sheath.

24. tommyganly

tommyganly
    from seaford de

When we were putting quarters on my 65 mustang we found an old Pepsi can stuffed into one of the cubby holes. i guess someone finished it when they were building the car.

25. FAST FAT KID

FAST FAT KID

In my 66 I found the paper work where the first owner got 500.00 bucks trade in for his 1957 Chevorlet 2 door with V8 and 4 speed.

26. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

I bought a 50 Chev parts car. I needed the hood and they would not sell it, unless I took the whole car. Paid 50 bucks for the car. In the trunk was a rock that turned out to be the head of an Indian hatchet. I sold it for 65 bucks. There was also a large lighted picture of Mary and Jesus, but it was damaged too much to be worth anything. The hood was in good condition and turned out to be free after the sale......so I figure it was a good deal.

27. Smokey2

Smokey2

Hey, frum Tenn.

Bought a '34 5-window Ford, from a 71 yr old Bachelor...Around 1965!
    He'd owned tha car, since '36. Longest trip was to "Oklahomer", to visit his sister.

Found several "old" packs of "Tool Covers" (rubbers, ya know!), AND one of "dirtyest"........."8 pagers".....we called "fuc_" books!!!, that you ever saw.
    Content: Rural school boy, with a hellava hammer! and "tha School Teacher", that kept him after School, out at tha' Barn.... anyway!, U get the pickture!
    Can't do "a spread" onit!......Wife tore hit up, years ago!!
    Remember, Whar thar's SMOKE!, thar's Far!
    Good luck on tha' Tin Winder

"Have a HARD Time, Living with MY wife!!, But,
    I'd NEVER tried it with HIS!!"

28. f100newb

f100newb

My dad does body work for a living and has found all sorts of crazy crap that he has brought home or told us about. The worst was the hand of a girl that got hit by the car he was fixing...:(

29. 58 wagon

58 wagon
    from tucson,az

i found two homemade bongs behind my rear quarter panel in my 67 camaro that none of my 4 uncles who all drove the hand me down car in high school will admit to owning they looked like high school projects to me plastic pipe and electrical tape and a steel pipe with more tape but best of all an old steel lighter and about a dime bag worth of crusty old weed stuffed in the two they still got the lighter and bongs ill try to get pics next time i visit them

30. loco_gringo

loco_gringo

F'N-A, that's gonna be an awesome score.... But probably not nearly as awesome of a score as it was for you. :D