Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's the best insulation for heat AND sound?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hellfish, Jun 29, 2005.

1. My Econoline panel van is going to get Lizard Skin, Hushmat and LoBucRod's bubble insulation on top of that.

I can handle a little heat and noise but riding inside a big steel box that hasn't been insulated to the max just isn't going to work for me.

JH

2. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

Im useing the lowes peel and seal on a car right now. What's this reflectix stuff that you use with the peel and seal?

reagen likes this.
  3. jfcdeuce

jfcdeuce

If you look in the a/c and duct section of Home Depot. You can also get a 1'x 15' roll of foam insulation (1/4' thick) with an aluminum side... It's not cheap compared to similar you can get off of eBay, but it's enough to do front floors (for About $20 a roll.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Never2low

Never2low

5. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

I really could care less about the sound proofing I love hearing them Glass packs its the heat coming from the firewall and floors that I'm trying to stop. So will one layer of the Peel and seel be sufficient?

6. Never2low

Never2low

Last edited: May 13, 2017
    reagen likes this.
  7. 629-025.JPG I have the Fat Mat Rattle Trap on my floor and inside roof. The roof is always cool on the inside even when its 100* out in the sun.

jeffyg82 likes this.