Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats something like this worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by old-idaho-iron, Jul 2, 2013.

1. old-idaho-iron

old-idaho-iron

Hello, fellow Hamber's, I've got an old 40 or 41(not sure which year) Ford short wheelbase bus, that has had the middle section of it cut out and the back half moved forward,to the rear of the cab.It was somebody's attempt at turning it into a pickup.It also does not have the engine or trans, and is untitled. I know these short wheel base bus's are fairly rare and all but what is something like this worth.I know it's worth whatever somone is willing to pay, but was just hoping somebody could give me a little more of an idea. Thanks

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

2. freeze plug

freeze plug
    from Canton, CT

3. RatPin

RatPin

$300 a ton or so.

4. Very little,,scrap value. HRP

5. slowmotion

slowmotion

Parts to the right person.

6. B Ramsey

B Ramsey

What's that yellow truck?

7. Deuces

Deuces

Yank out the V-8 flattie first before you scrap it!.... If it has one...

8. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

I like the headlights...

9. rockfish

rockfish

The "customizing" it has undergone combined with the poor overall condition really have reduced it to scrap value. Hope you get it cheap and make it into something cool.

10. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

I'll say CORBIT ! going by the grill and ornament on it.

11. old-idaho-iron

old-idaho-iron

The yellow truck next to the bus is a 51 Federal.

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's probably worth way more as parts and scrap than what one could get out of it whole. Words out now, so someone might be hitting you up on it.

13. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

Figure out some place to weld the STOP sign in the back onto it and sell it to an r** rodder as a hauler. Seriously, you could try to restore it, with enough money; you could also try to make a decent, albeit unusual, truck out of it and use it. Again, the limiting factor is money. If the frame and such are sound, it could become someone's fun project.

14. It is not a Traditional HOT ROD or Custom so it doesn't belong here anyway - who cares!

15. Would be about the awesomest vintage stock car hauler ever.

The thing is, I was in an old yard here in the east a couple months ago and there were plenty of old busses that the tops and sides weren't so bad, but the bottoms had rotted away. If a guy wanted to fix it, I'm sure he could do it fairly easily. Just a matter of another bus from the same coachmaker.

16. Squablow

Squablow

I agree with most posters above. If you're just trying to get the most money out of it, save the grille and hood trims, headlights, maybe the grille insert, plus whatever cool dash stuff or anything else that would be easy to resell, and scrap the rest.

You could try putting it on Craigslist for $800 but I doubt you'd get any calls, and you'll get more parting it out and scrapping the rest.

17. So-Cal Speed Sacramento

So-Cal Speed Sacramento
    Alliance Vendor
    from Sacramento

i'd part it out. someone, somewhere is probably DYING for the doors, hood, grill, headlamps, etc.

18. I would deduct what I thought I could sell the hood and headlight buckets from what I charged the owner to haul it off.