Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats really wrong with 4 doors?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by asher, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

I hear that!, When I was a kid the high dollar shoes were about $120.00 to $150.00, But shit, They may as well of been $400.00 As I could not afford them anyhow.....LOL If I got a pair of $50.00 shoes I thought I was uptown with the best of them. Hell average working mans pay was $4.00 to $5.00 per hour, And we could live on that and Dad still had Hot rods.....Now days guys are making $20-25.00 per hour and can't pay their bills...

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    Maverick Daddy likes this.
  2. squirrel

squirrel

When I was a kid, I didnt give a shit what kind of shoes I wore (or anyone else wore). I still don't.

3. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

When I was a kid high dollar shoes were $30.00.
    Got them at the factory outlet for $15.00.

4. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

I was just guessin' on the shoe prices, I've wore engineer boots since 8th grade, and chucks since grade school, so...........I never realy cared what was in style, still don't

5. prpmmp

prpmmp

6. No one is runnin' anyone down, someone asked what was wrong with 4 doors and someone else (actually a lot of someone's) gave their opinion, both for and against. No one needed to get their panties in a bunch over it, although I am sure that someone did.

Let's look at it this way, I own a hot rodded Willys Jeep. Not a modern romper stomper but a back in the day engine swap and gauges sort of a thing. Now unlike the 4 door they are not accepted at all on this site, why? Because this is a traditional hot rod and custom site, and now as it was then a Willys was not considered to be hot rod fodder. I suppose I could open a thread and say what's wrong with Jeeps. I don't need to I already know.

There is a simple answer to the question, no one wants to hear it but it is a simple answer, this is a traditional hot rod and custom site and like my jeep traditionally 4 doors were not considered to be cool. There no opinion, no one got beat up about it, just history.

or I could tell you a story :D

[​IMG]

o_O Well that is certainly traditional :rolleyes:

Saxman and Maverick Daddy like this.
  7. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

But, Im not wearing any panties.........

8. prpmmp

prpmmp

What?? That not a 63 maverick?? I'm so dumb!! Pete

9. Fender1325

Fender1325

All this talk about if you like 4 doors youre slowing down and getting old. Im 28 and had a mustang GT for the past 10 years. Living with 2 doors everyday gets old if you actually use your car to do more than cruise alone in. Some cars do look better 2 door, and some 4 doors look better than their 2 door sibling. Depends on the car. I appreciate 4 door cars now. My 1950 cadillac is 4 door and I have zero problems with that. I actually want a 56 sedan deville next.

Gary Reynolds and Maverick Daddy like this.
  10. TMI :D

11. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

EXACTLY.

Fender1325 likes this.
  12. 28?
    You're an old fart already.
    I have underwear older than you. :)

Fender1325 likes this.
  13. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Even the big three Understand that 4drs are not hot rods, Ever see a 4dr corvette?, Camaro or a mustang, or a cuda???.....I think not, And yeah GM made 4 dr chevelles But knew they were not hot rods So they did not offer the SS big block package on them. You guys need to get over it and just enjoy your sunday cruisers for what they are. It's all fun anyway!!

14. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

28676741.jpg

15. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

loveya.gif

16. This thread reminds me of this old adage.

Beating a dead horse,only this time with mob mentality! :D HRP

[​IMG]

17. See those guys with their hands behind their back.
    They said the dead horse is just as good as the live one.

18. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Is that a 4-door horse?

31Vicky with a hemi likes this.
  19. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

It was, but that happened when someone tried to convert it to a two door!!!!!

20. Terrible80

Terrible80

It's like pickup beds. When I was a kid, a short bed step side was the best. Fleetsides were next, but a cameo trumped them all! Long beds? Forget about it.

21. proartguy

proartguy
    from Sparks, NV

This is a old debate on a old thread. But I think there are some nice four doors. Two examples are the four door Chevy Fleetlines and the Cord bodied cars of Hupp, Graham and Cord.
    image.jpg image.jpg

22. I have a long bed parts runner truck, maybe I should start a thread about how cool they are :cool:

Terrible80 and Maverick Daddy like this.
  23. Oh good!
    Another one of "those" threads.
    I want a 4 door 1950 Plymouth DeLuxe.
    I drive a two door OT Mustang GT.

I have owned plenty of both. Traditional? As I've said 10,000 times before, REAL traditional is using what you have, not giving a rats rear about conforming. I recall PLENTY of 4 doors in the 60's.
    Again, if there were this many rules in the 40's, 50's and 60's, we wouldn't even HAVE hot rods!
    Who cares, do whatever you want, be an individual, the HERD is big enough!!!! :eek:

24. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

4 doors aren't as good looking and don't bring the money , but there a lot more fun.

25. jseery

jseery
    from Wichita KS

This is a strange thread indeed. Not sure when all this love of 4drs creped in, but I have never seen a 4dr that looked as good as a 2dr. If that was the case then the designer failed. Cars are designed as the sports model and then the 4dr version adapted as best they can without destroying the looks of the car. So if the 4dr looks better to you I would say the designer missed by a mile!

26. Flamed48

Flamed48

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1418857154.692471.jpg
    Here's my old 4dr I thought it was pretty cool

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Maverick Daddy and Gary Reynolds like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.