Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

What's it worth?

Discussion in 'What's It Worth?' started by Ryan, Jun 6, 2022.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

One of the things that has always perplexed me are the "What is this worth?" threads that we always get on the main forum. On one hand, they are often perceived as an effort to skirt the classifieds rules and post something for sale on the main forum. On the other hand, there have been plenty of times that I've wondered the value of a car or part in my own possession and not had an avenue to ask the general population.

So, this forum is sort of a BETA test to figure out if we are in need of a dedicated avenue for this service.

Yeah... what are you waiting for? Figure out what your shit is worth!

2. pigIRON63

pigIRON63

This could be a good thing if it is treated right. I look forward to seeing what happens with it. Thanks Ryan

3. Hemiroid

Hemiroid

My 2 cents is I like this new section attempt.
    I can post stuff in the 'Parts for Sale' when I know what I have and I know what I need for it.
    For the stuff I don't have a good read on I can post here and not clutter up the serious 'buyers' 'sellers' section. I like that fact that we can make some public replies. This section will only be successful if we don't fight...

4. Stuffbuffet

Stuffbuffet

Awesome addition.

It also allows other people to see what something they have might be worth or what they would expect to pay. I like it because it showcases unique pieces that are still out there.

5. downlojoe33

downlojoe33

Good addition Ryan, this way I can be brought back to earth regarding what I think my shit's worth, or I can kick my own ass for letting it go too cheap.

6. MAXWELL

MAXWELL

remembering that wo photos or a decent description-

its still a crap shoot.

7. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Ryan-I posted one today-see it got moved to this forum. Sorry--OlScrounger

8. I just found this page, great addition and I hope it takes off. I will make a list take some pics and jump in. Thanks in advance.

9. I have a 56 gallon Standard Oil barrel dated 1902 and it is riveted together, it seems to be galvinised steel, it has a spigot on top and has a brass plate stating Standard oil. the barrel has a embossed 1902 date.

I really hove no idea of it's value, I was thinking about cutting it up and making a cool BBQ grill but wondering if it might be something that should be preserved as is, maybe something a collector may like to have.

I'll post a photo when I get home. HRP

10. Texas Rover

Texas Rover

I have an old Chevy straight 6 dual exhaust. I know these are a bit rare. It has a problem. One of the bolt holes was broken and someone welded a bolt into the hole. Is it scrap now or is it worth something?

Attached Files:

11. Do your homework!!!!
    Ryan: Good idea for all those that do not to give someone a bargain. A bit of a story.
    I'm an old fart as you probably know. We were snowbirds for around 6 years & then it was getting to be too much of a drive so decided to sell the ranch in Vale, Or. & move to Ft Mohave ,Az. While have supper one night in Oregon there came a knock on the door . The gentleman said I wish to make an offer on your property. He said I will give you your asking price in cash but, you have to vacant the property in 21 days. Knock me over. how in the hell am I going toing to get rid of all the shit I had collected. I started selling shit at giveaway prices. I had to get a 24 ft covered trailer & 34 ton truck. Now I ain't no spring chicken @80 yrs. old & the bride of 52 yrs. is 70.
    We loaded up a load stuff & took off for Az. When we got to Ely ,Nev. Pulled in for the night & had dinner & a bed. The next morning, I woke up sicker than a dog. I had fe fe of the blo-hole & a fever. The bride had to drive the rest of the way I was too weak. After 3 days of laying around she took me to the hospital. Yep, food poisoning, I thought it may have been her for all the money, but it wasn't to be her. After spending 2 days in the hospital, she said we have to get rolling so she drove the rig back to Vale, Or. I called a friend & a neighbor to come load the trailer. What I couldn't get in the trailer I gave to them. Mercury motor, flathead & tranny, special tools, torque converter, 2 wheel trailer.95 f-100 &car hauler @super low price. jacks & wrenches & parts. I thought for sure that I was going to die. Here I am 10 years later & still kicking. Bought a 34 Ford roadster to build just so that I would have something to do.
    We did big game hunting & water fowling I had mounts all over the house & Peggy had antique furniture pieces. I had the first 3 yrs of Cougars ,Buick Riveras 56 ford dump truck that was made for military engineers.