Register now to get rid of these ads!

whats it worth to sell QUICK

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loc8tor, Feb 13, 2012.

1. I need some HAMB guidance.....Have a guy with a 63 Impala taht he is interested in trading onmy old dodge. I know the 63 has a broader market than my old 48, so Im looking to flip this as soon as possible if the deal goes thru. So let me know what its worth to move it quick. Thanks, heres the info on the imp, #s match 283 powerglide, nice red interior(but has that old car smell-musty), car appears to have been painted white(appears to be originally red), car runs and drives, but smokes(i know sbc can be rebuilt on the cheep), has severe rust thru above rear bumper/below trunk lid-the panel that you see when trunk is open. The recessed area around trunk also has rust and there are a few fiberglass patches where trunk floor meets inner wheel well, inside of hood rusted thru, both lower 1/4s rusted thru before and after wheel well, it does have fender skirts, bottom of the rear of both front fenders rusted thru, doors rusted in front lower corners but not al the way thru. Pitted rust around all the side chrome.
    So whats she worth? Thanks in advanced hope to add pictures tonight..

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

I'd say very little with all that rust!!

3. S.F.

S.F.

check ebay what they are going for....

4. jerseymike

jerseymike

i say pass. that much work won't be a quick sale.

5. Ole don

Ole don

Rusty body, smokey engine, four door, - that equals parts car. Unless you find someone who needs parts for a restoration, its worth the price of scrap.

6. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I think it sounds like a typical old worn out $500 car.

7. slowmotion

slowmotion

Check the frame. Notorious for those rust belt Impalas. With the other severe rust-through issues, I'd check real good...

8. If a quick flip is what you want, then I doubt this car would be a candidate .Scrap value only.

9. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

I'd keep the Dodge or sell the Dodge.

10. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Yeh, I don't see this as being a quick turn for you. I'd just put the Dodge up for sale.

11. You're not going to flip it for much if it is a smoker and a rust bucket. You might get a grand out of it to the right person. I am going to suggest that if it is rusty and smokey it probably also has front suspension issues as well.

You can get rid of the musty smell by washing it down with an amonia solution, like MR Clean or the like. the amonia was an old used car lot trick to give the car that new car smell.

12. I think that by the time you finished describing the Chevy, you probably had your answer.

13. Thanks for the input. I just needed some guidance. Its a 2dr htop, but with the issues I figured it to be a $1500 car tops....hes looking at it being worth $4500....Id much rather have the dodge but looking at purchasing land and if I could flip the imp quicker than the dodge for cash thats what I was going to do.

14. Squablow

Squablow

A 2 door hardtop around here would still bring $1500 in that shape, but not much more unless there was something special about it.

15. Jakebob

Jakebob

Around here $4500 is "needs some TLC" driver condition money for a '63 283 Impala. Unless it's some crazy rare optioned car or something, $1500 sounds right.

16. if it was a SS than it would be Worth Something!
    but that much Rust its worth like everybody said
    about 500
    Just my 3.5 cents

17. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

If the Impala was an easy flip he woulda come to look at your Dodge with no trade and a pocket full of money.

18. MistShift

MistShift

It's a $1000 car. Max.

19. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have to agree with that.

It's just like the real estate you are looking to buy. Location, location, location means a lot on the price of an older car. Around here that Chevy is probably a 500.00 parts car even if the seller thinks it's worth a few gold bricks.

I'd just put the little Mopar up for sale on a wider scope which I think you just did when you started the thread. If it runs and drives someone on here might just think it would be a great entry level cruiser that has a back seat for the kids.

20. Rust sucks!

Run Run Run!!!