Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects whats it worth can i get some advice

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by flyn schlosser, Sep 16, 2015.

Tags:
  1. flyn schlosser

flyn schlosser
    from phelan, ca

00t0t_X7gMrnZenT_50x50c.jpg 00O0O_i3Lw7F4649u_600x450.jpg 00v0v_ij5nwxbGdWK_600x450.jpg 00n0n_3I4LDPWG3Yb_50x50c.jpg 00n0n_3I4LDPWG3Yb_50x50c.jpg 00v0v_ij5nwxbGdWK_600x450.jpg 00O0O_i3Lw7F4649u_600x450.jpg 00t0t_X7gMrnZenT_50x50c.jpg registered as a 1930 . rust is just surface has a 289 and c4 trans out of a early 70s mustang its all California registered ready to drive boxed original frame . I have not drove it yet . has bench seat with nice gauges . no pic of inside . What would you pay? Need a honest answer . love the look . Wanted a old hot rod for a long time im 37 years old this one caught my eye.what might you pay

2. Petejoe

Petejoe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Zoar, Ohio

Not really my style. So emotions aren't a factor on my estimate. I would think the best price would be around 8-10. But I could see it going for 12-14 for someone who likes this style.

3. I'm in the 9---13 range, depending on a number of things: How bad do you want it?
    does it drive well? Overall build quality? etc. Tim

4. bubblesbacon

bubblesbacon
    from wisconsin

5--6000 range., it's kinda rusty.... :)

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. What's the asking price?

6. I think its a pretty cool truck. Its all about you, what you like and how much do you want to spend. If its been put together well then 10 G's would be a steal around my area.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. flyn schlosser

flyn schlosser
    from phelan, ca

IM around the 10,000 area .He wants 14 but its been for sale for a month or so . appreciate all the comments

8. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

I think you're in a good range between 10 and 14 there. You're not far apart so you should be able to settle on an agreeable number. You can build one for less, sure maybe, but you'll likely have a big pile of parts you didn't end up using and have half again or twice or so money into as well ;) Ask me how I know.

sko_ford and chiro like this.
  9. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

hard to give a price by pics and so few details. it could either be a fun driver or a bunch of parts slapped together to look like a cool car and everything needs to be rebuilt. I like the way it looks, even with the SBF for a motor

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
    stillrunners likes this.
  10. Paint Guru

Paint Guru
    from Bowdon, GA

I agree $10k is fair

11. It's a buyers market right now,money is tight.

Take 10 grand cash,It just might buy you a hot rod. HRP

volvobrynk and turboroadster like this.
  12. Gman0046

Gman0046

flyn asked, heres my opinion. Nothing much smaller then a Model A truck. Trucks seem like they are always more difficult to sell especially one covered in rust. I'd think the owner be lucky to get in the 7-8K range. If it were me, I'd pass and wait for something better.

volvobrynk likes this.
  13. You are right about small and that truck is chopped and channeled so unless you are height challenged it will be a tight fit! HRP

14. mt shasta steve

mt shasta steve

In my experience hotrods are very hard to sell. You have to find just the right person who wants just what you have. I think your offer of 10K seems fair. If you have the patience to wait 2-6 months, I suspect the price will come down. Good luck, and let us know how you come out.
    Steve

stillrunners likes this.
  15. malcolm1943

malcolm1943

I'd take cash and offer 7K and let the seller work you up some, but wouldn't go over the 10K you had in mind.

16. flyn schlosser

flyn schlosser
    from phelan, ca

Im on the fence your right its a tight fit in these truck .Don't have the skill to build one myself .looking for the nicest one at the best price .But you know poor man in his poor ways ...lol...

17. cheepsk8

cheepsk8
    from west ky

I just passed on a 29 in about the same shape, except for the fact that it was still a banger with juice brakes. He was pretty firm at 8500. I would say stay in that general ball park, but if you love it, it may be worth more to you.

18. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

I would say around 10,000 to 11,000 depending if the workmanship is there. But remember you can buy 10,000 dollar cars with 5,000 in your pocket all day long

19. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

until last Fall I had been searching for a good basic Hot Rod or custom that had some upgrades/modifications that was a running driving semi-project under $10K - only found rides that needed another $10K to be able to drive and improve along the way. as stated, very hard to make a true determination on value with limited info and pics. but, if it starts, runs and drives good $10-$12K for Central Calif price

patmanta likes this.
  20. clem

clem

Looks like a bit of Panel work needed also. Rust hides it better than paint!

21. Squablow

Squablow

Around here, that'd be asking $12K and getting 10 if he's realistic. It could be worth that, if this truck is your style, but only if it's fully roadworthy, drive it home. That means lights, a real fuel tank, brakes, good steering, and with good suspension design/geometry. If it's one of those "only needs a few things to be driveable" deals, then way less $.

It's a lot easier to start with one in this shape and take it to the next level with paint and upholstery than it is to start from scratch, assuming what's there is done right. But as stated, there's a lot of cars for sale now and a lot of good deals out there, so try not to fall in love unless the deal is right.

patmanta likes this.
  22. If it will whirl those big cheater slicks....... well, just pay the man.

Jet96 and stillrunners like this.
  23. gas & guns

gas & guns

First off, I like the look.
    Around here its like this, we say - money talks, bullshit walks (buyers)
    Or - theirs an ass for every seat (sellers)

24. geoford41

geoford41
    from Delaware

Lots of factors to consider: What is the front suspension (cannot see from photos) type of brakes, does it have shocks, does it overheat when it is sitting & running for a while, what are the gages like? is it wired correcly (does it use a pre-wired box with fuse kit? does the lights/brake lights work? is the body properly channeled and secured to the frame? what kind of brake pedel/master cylinder is used? Are the brake lines properly routed ? is there a floor in the cab? (steel or wooden) what about the pickup bed floor? wooden or?? so many thinsk look gook at first glance but as you own it problems rear thier ugly ($$$) head. My experiences are that SBF powered Model A's command a lower price than SBC, of course if it was a Flathead it could be worth more. Also are you skilled enough to identify/repair what is required to make it safe & reliable? Just saying as I have a friend that bought a '30 sedan that looked good in pictures but was thrown together to sell and was a hazard to drive., he didn't see that until he started taking it apart for a redo, load with construction foam & wooden chip board painted black!

patmanta likes this.
  25. flyn schlosser

flyn schlosser
    from phelan, ca

Those are all great questions I have talked to the guy and got pics .I will inspect in person before I buy . the bed has wood slats that look to be in great shape it has a spun aluminum gas tank in the bed . I do agree about the power train . I live in the high desert of California me and my dad hit the Pomona swap meet on every occasion but the prices are so out of hand most the times as far as cars go . I appreciate everyone's reply gives me a lot of info to consider

26. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I like the look and patina.. $10-12K...

27. flyn schlosser

flyn schlosser
    from phelan, ca

scrap metal 48 my grandparents moved in 1958 from Dayton ohio to California .my dad and all his brothers were born there . . I like the look of it myself .. will see what happens

scrap metal 48 likes this.
  28. trailerpark

trailerpark

If you can get it between $10-$12K buy it and like it. I think it's cool.