Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What's it fit

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 26 tudor, May 4, 2022.

1. 26 tudor

26 tudor

2. 26 tudor

26 tudor

Next challenge NOS I have about 80 of these. I'm sure someone here knows just what they fit. I keep leaning towards ford but can't find a match. Any help greatly appreciated.

3. squirrel

squirrel

could be import stuff too....

4. With the tight bend
    B649D45B-420E-4242-A589-F4F3E9438B35.jpeg
    the Dodge fire arrow 2 with the low hood line it needed a low profile t/stat housing :D

Or off something new and completely off topic.

But we can dream about all the dodges it could fit can’t we ?:p

5. 26 tudor

26 tudor

It looks really similar to a ford 200 inline 6. That's why I keep thinking ford but it has me stumped. I just hate to trash what could be good parts.

6. On the web, I did a massive google search. Can not find any matches of the part number or the part. It DOES look like YOU possibly own ALL eighty units of this thermostat housing EVER made ! Congratulation. ;) :)

Last edited: May 5, 2022
    SS327, Stan Back and VANDENPLAS like this.
  7. rusty valley

rusty valley

If squirrel cant identify it, then its pretty much scrap iron

Just Gary, Stan Back, WB69 and 2 others like this.
  8. gconnsr

gconnsr
    from AZ

It kinda looks like it could be modified into a mini cannon but I refuse to accept any responsibility for the thought.

Just Gary, VANDENPLAS and e1956v like this.
  9. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Beanscoot likes this.
  10. 26 tudor

26 tudor

I have called borg warner no luck. Can't get through to anyone that could possibly help.

11. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

12. manyolcars

manyolcars

I'm sure ebay will say it fits every car ever made

13. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

14. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

That's for sure a true statement.

rusty valley and VANDENPLAS like this.
  15. MARKDTN

MARKDTN

What is the center-to-center on the mounting holes? Probably could fit several things if that is the direction that you needed the hose to go in.

Joe Travers, Just Gary and X-cpe like this.
  16. 26 tudor

26 tudor

No luck there either. I appreciate the effort though.

17. sure does look an awful lot like a 170 or 200 ford 6 Thermostat housing to me.

18. I'd take it to your local friendly parts house and see what gaskets fit it, and when you find one that does, then see what vehicles that gasket services. That will at least rule out what it doesn't fit. Might be a handy part for the right guy.

19. fuzzface

fuzzface

I don't feel so bad now seeing others are having a problem figuring it out. I tried when it first got posted. thought this was going to be easy with the numbers posted. Even Borg Warner doesn't know. I tried their online part number search and came up with zilch but you think they would have some data base for old part numbers but then you have part houses today that cannot search by part number anymore, you need to know what it fit now is ridiculous.

My buddy went to a few part houses couple of months ago with oil filter number and none of them could cross reference the number anymore to match what they carry. Same thing with a brake booster out of a bigger truck. sorry no luck, too old out of system for that year. But finally found someone that recognize it fitting the same truck 30 years newer and used that number instead and yep it is the same brake booster when it came in, would have thought the numbers would cross reference but nope, the old number doesn't exist anymore anywhere. Like they are literally trying to get rid of the old stuff off the street.

ok sorry for the detour back on topic. I also try to run my barcode scanner and that number came up nothing then I did an online search for that barcode and they told me that number isn't registered to a product. So bleep out of luck there on my end.

if you have a friendly mom and pop part store like mentioned above that idea about matching up gaskets might work, big chain might just laugh at you especially if it is a young person behind the counter because they will insist you know what it came off of first including the exact year of the vehicle.

otherwise my last ditch effort suggestion is list one on ebay as universal with all dimensions and measurements including the bolt holes and wait til someone buys it and then ask them WHAT THE BLEEP DOES THIS FIT? :)

Beanscoot likes this.
  20. I love these young guys with there computers.
    "What year vehicle is it". Than watch there expression when you answer 1927 ford.

21. scotts52

scotts52

Where did you get them from?

22. Has the box got anything to do with the part?

23. 26 tudor

26 tudor

Old dealership buy out years ago.

24. 26 tudor

26 tudor

That's the box for the part.

302GMC likes this.
  25. 26 tudor

26 tudor

It really does but not quite a match

26. 26 tudor

26 tudor

There's a couple really good parts stores around me that I have talked to. They can't tell me either. Me next trip in I'm going to take on with me. Hoping if I put it in the man's hand he might recognize it.

27. Budget36

Budget36

Have you tried a Google image search? Might bring up something.

28. manyolcars

manyolcars

just go on the internet and say it fits X model car. Someone will come along and dispute what you say and maybe, just maybe they will tell what it does fit

29. 26 tudor

26 tudor

Yep didn't get any matches.

30. 30dodge

30dodge
    from Pahrump nv

Anyone have an 1970s AMC six ? My 1981 CJ's 256 has the same sharp 90° but the threaded side port is different.