Register now to get rid of these ads!

whats is worth thread: '50 Lincoln

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Post Apocalyptic Kustoms, Apr 21, 2013.

1. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed

Glad you were able to make a decision. Hope you enjoy the many miles that Lincoln will provide you with.

And I agree.. New cars suck.

2. Fenders

Fenders

Let us know when you have it... sometimes you think too long and then it's gone...

3. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

Still thinking, I found a few others that I like but none of them will get back with me. A 35k mile perfect condition '53 Chry. 4dr for $3500, a '62 Buick 2dr hard top for $4k, a '64 Biscayne 2dr post for $4k, and even considering an old VW bug for daily driving. I'm trying to weigh out parts and operating cost's of each. The '64 Obviosly would be the best choice but the guy hasn't called me back and neither have any of the others except the one with the lincoln. It's $3700 delivered to my door, which is pretty kool considering I don't have a truck or trailer.

(My beater f-150 is toast now so I don't have a car right now besides my '57 Chevy but it's too nice to drive in the bad weather, it rains alomst every day here this time of year.)

4. Where the hell do you live?! And why is every old car on sale?

5. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Lincoln, go for it!

The others are just tempting you to second guess.

6. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

I'll tell you if you promise not to buy any of the cars mentioned above until I make my decision! :D There are some good deals to be had around here, trust me. Thats the advantage of living in a state that NEVER had a good economy to begin with and has gotten much worse recently.

These are all pretty much rust free cars too so I'm chomping at the bit to get one of them but people take forever to email me back and i can't call them because I don't have a phone right now. I keep coming back to the Lincoln though.

7. 49styleline

49styleline
    from oregon

the packard is cool and it sounds like a better deal to me. i just cant get past the wierd headlights on the lincon.

8. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

The packard is cheaper and a better looking car but it's not running, needs floors and doesn't have a title so by the time I had it on the road I would be in it for way more $$ than it's worth. I've ruled that one out.'

I need something that I can start driving right away and work on slowly since I dont have a DD right now and I'm not going to use my '57 For daily driving anymore.

9. Glad it's only your opinion.:eek:
    I think they are cool.:D

10. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

Went and looked at the '50 Lincoln today, it's a bad ass car and runs good but I just can't see it as a daily driver with the flathead in it. I've had enough flathead powered daily drivers to know that it's just too much hassle to be worth and I just don't have the heart to hack up such a sweet running original car with an SBC or SBF so I'll have to pass on it I guess. Oh well, still searching. $3700 is a pretty decent price for a driver '50 Lincoln though so if anybody else is interested I can pass on the number. The guy has and amazing collection of pre-'64 Cars and bikes, TONS of 409 stuff. I was blown away.

11. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

12. rld14

rld14

PM me the info and location of that Lincoln.

That being said, I wouldn't be afraid of a Lincoln flathead n they're tough motors and with working overdrive those cars can cruise at 75+ all day long.

13. robyyo

robyyo
    from Orange CA

Buy the Lincoln.

14. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

Here are the other 3 i'm thinking about, all about the same price. The chrysler 4dr is all original and has 35k miles, the buick is a driver with a new interior, and the chevy is a driver with a new crate motor. I'm still going back and fourth on the Lincoln, everybody thinks I should buy it except my grandpa which went to look at it with me. He's a hardcore Lincoln guy and he hated it, but he was in love with the Chevy and usually hates Chevies. Go figure.

The Lincoln does have some rust though despite what i was originally told, the spare tire well is gone and it needs outer rockers. The tail pan was also rusted at one time and some dipstick leaded the hell out of it to "fix" the rust, otherwise it's a solid, complete and good running car.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  15. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER

All around the same $$$$? As trite as it sounds, the Chevy's the best bet. My impression is you flip through cars now n then. Am I right? The Chevy sells 1st and for the most once done. The Buick is 1yr too new, but even if it were the exalted 61 they don't sell fast. Like an Elcamino, popular as hell until you try to sell it unless it's a 59. You simply can't go wrong with an "X frame" Chevy 2dr of any kind. If the metal is truly decent it's a winner. The primer would make me look real REAL hard at it.

16. sololobo

sololobo

Geez Laweez, tough call, I love the Lincolns and the suicide four doors are awesome. But also love the Packard, can't go wrong with either one. Good Luck! ~sololobo~

17. James427

James427
    BANNED

I know pretty much instantly if I am going to buy a car or not. Or at least even try to buy it. When I find it, I know it. I never go out searching for a specific make or year or model. Whatever is cool and a bargain is what I buy. The fact that you are still waffling on a decision to me means you haven't found the right one yet. Keep looking. Sounds like there is no shortage of vintage tin available in your neck of the woods. Try doing some windshield time searching instead of only what is advertised. That's where you find your amazing cars at no-brainer prices.