Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's hiding in the 5 block radius from your house?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JAWS, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Some more near home.

Attached Files:

2. Hey man, that cutlass has some nice PATINA!!!!!

3. Mikesrodshop

Mikesrodshop

There's an old dude a few blocks away with the remains of a '46 Ford Woody- no wood to speak of, but a complete rust-free chassis, cowl and front clip. Been trying to get him to talk to me - no luck yet. He's also sitting on a '57 Chevy four door, a '62-ish Corvair, '70-ish Mustang Mach 1 big block, a '67 Fairlane and who knows what else inside a large closed up barn. A few blocks away are numerous '49-'53 Chevy trucks and a '46 P-up.

4. Jax2A

Jax2A

On my street there is a '71 Camaro with no motor. One street over is a partially disassemble but rust free 66 Mustang and an early 70's Vette. Few more streets there is a 60's VW bug. Haven't seen any hot rods though. All are in garages, can't have 'em outside in our subdivision.

5. HotRodDaddy-O

HotRodDaddy-O

That is AWESOME!

6. jville_hot_skater

jville_hot_skater
    from jville

honda civics and mustangs and camaros are 5 block radius from my house.
    ha, dont know anyone else with a classic car living in the city.

7. Keep

Keep

Mostly OT cars around me, I know of:

68 Camaro - stock
    69 Camaro - Z28
    58 Corvette
    61 Dodge 2 door of some sort, old guy passed away, haven't had the chance to ask the kids about the car.

Then me with the 23T I am building. Neighbor has a "87" Mustang that is "The fastest thing around" yeah hes full of it....

8. PORKCHOP76

PORKCHOP76
    from iowa

a 27T,39 ford pu, a bunch of f100 54 55 56 stuff, a 1964 caddy factory limo,some old vw's that are fast as hell,no really they are. and a couple of alphas and other odd vehicles

9. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

Believe it or not, a 55 Tbird, 33 ford coupe, and a forty ford sedan. All not for sale.

10. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

11. Rural NH here so got to go with the 5 mile radius since there are no "blocks" There is ALOT of running stuff hidden away that comes out once or twice a year for the Old Home Day parade & things like that. Lots of projects being worked on inside garages & barns that nobody ever sees too. Here is some crusty old stuff that's been in this same spot for the 30 years I've lived here and probably a bit longer than that and will probably slowly sink into the ground right where it sits.. <center>
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    </center>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  12. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

I only have to step out my back door to find about 10 55/56/57 Chevys,6 or 8 66/67 Chevy IIs, 3 or 4 early Camaro's, a 67 Vette , 61 Buick, 64 Fairlane, 3 65 Comets, 2 64/5 Falcons, 64 Galaxie, 64 Merc Marauder, 64 Dodge, a couple of Huppmobiles and the list goes on and on and .............still looking for a good 49/50 ford hood....

and yes, they are dam near all for sale.

Mark

13. ardyboy

ardyboy

every morning i go for a walk around my neighbourhood--here's what i see--two that i couldn't get a pic because they're in the garage are a 31 Ford 5 window coupe and a 57 Chev 2 door hardtop

Attached Files:

14. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Let me think.
    2 70 Chevelles
    60 or 61 Econoline pickup
    65 Falcon 2 door
    2 late 40's one ton Chevy farm trucks

15. Within two blocks of our house are 1-Ranchero that was restored by a neighbor's dad and has been sitting neglected in the driveway since he died. He says that he might want to sell it next Spring. 1-Early '60s Corvette that was a neighbor's ex-husband's pride and joy. It is slowing disappearing under a pile of boxes and other stuff, so all that you can see is the back end. She says that she wants to keep it because it reminds her of getting her revenge on him.

16. tikinailhead

tikinailhead

34 ford five window. 32 ford pickup. 64 impala 2 door. 52 henry j ex gasser. t-bucket street rod style. 2 60's mg midgets

17. KK Hickey Designs

KK Hickey Designs

Across the street from me is a 59 El Camino that I don't think even runs. Clean car.

A few blocks over is a 53 Chevy Delivery sitting on flats. I knocked on a door asking about it one time and was told by the old man that lived there that I'd be charged with trespassing if I came back. It was the only thing I asked...Nice guy...really.

Behind me is a 72 Olds convertible.. Friend of mine owns it.

60 Dodge Coupe a few blocks away. I think it's the guys daily.

63 and 65 Chevy trucks that both sit rotting 2 blocks over. I don't think either one has moved in years. I'm surprised code enforcement hasn't gotten on the owners about them.

59 Cadillac I see on my way to school every morning.

I'm sure there are more.

18. econovanman

econovanman
    from yakima wa

well there is some native folks that have a 69 charger R/T on the other street and it just breaks my heart to see the lil kids throw rocks at the windshield

19. I drove by a 34 5 window ford w/ a heavy chop in my hood for 3 yrs before I noticed it hiding in the brush. It had been there since the early 70's and through 2 floods. Rough, but salvagable. Asked if they would sell and they said $500. Figured if it took my rust radar 3 yrs to find it, it would be there for awhile. I looked at that car every time I passed by for the next 4 yrs. Some guy came buy asking about my junk and wanting to start a project. I figured I would never get to the 34, so I told him about it. It was gone the next day. Heard he gave $200 for it.

20. 57 chevy bel air gasser built by m&h engineering
    hasnt seen daylight since 1981
    1934 ford drag car and 61 corvette drag car sitting since 1965
    1955 bel air convertable 4 speed with 327 365 hp crate motor bought new in 66
    1960 chevy convertible drag car 348 tri power 4 speed car sitting since 1977
    27 roadster and 34 3 window sitting since 1965

21. Jack Luther

Jack Luther

'31 Model A coupe that I've seen every time I drive by for the past 3 years. Been in the neighbor's family for 3 or 4 decades, and is not for sale. Today I stopped to talk with another neighbor, and his garage door happened to be open- '69 Z-28 that has been fully restored. He's had it since 1983. '40 Ford pickup a couple of blocks from my office. It's amazing how much stuff is really out there.

22. A shoebox Ford and some kind of 50's something Ford pickup.

23. Landseer

Landseer
    from VA

All kinds of stuff, but I get a kick of the guy 1000 feet away that has a 348 engine on his front porch.

24. yes - it's all still sitting there close by and still rusting away...like some one said before - if it was gone - no one would stop by to visit...and ask about that old car...

25. Runawaychair

Runawaychair

-
    After the disappearance of Bruce Wayne, some unusual things
    began appearing in the hills behind the once stoic Wayne Manor...
    -
    Actually, Lea of Still Runnin Magazine photographed this '89 body
    in the woods near Mechanicsville, Virginia...
    -

Attached Files:

26. No pics, but my neighbor down the road has a '59 Jag, a '58 MG and a '58 13 window VW bus just sitting, piled under a mountain of junk.

27. slammed

slammed

No pix but: a '55 2dr ht, 427, 4spd, a 409 in the garage, and a #'s match 440 6 pack, Road Runner. Soon to be fer sale. He been sitting on 'em fer YEAR'S.

28. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Nothing reaaly hamb worthy. There is a guy a few houses up that took his new bmw and rattlecanned it flat white with a black roof. And there is a pretty nice soundin amc that rips by every now and then. O and by the way were in town houses. The neighbors faces were priceless when they saw him rattlecannin his beamer in the middle of the road :D

29. Im out in Galveston, Tx and there was a alot of old cars threw out all the neighborhoods around me well when Ike hit it tore this place up pretty bad. Well when we got back into to town we drove around and just down the block in a old gas station garage that had its doors blown off and in it sat a black 49 merc lancer hubcaps slammed in the ass. So as any normal car guy would do I left my number on it asking if it was for sale. I never got a phone call but about a month after that we head down to the local dump. after ripping the walls out of our house and there it sat... CRUSHED!!!!

30. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

I live out in the boonies so kind of hard to sniff around without the threat of getting shot. Back when I was a kid though, I would be all through the woods around my house. There use to be an old Plymouth way back on my grandfathers land that I begged my ad to pull out. He said it was a piece of junk but I argued that it could be fixed. Looking back on it, my dad was right and it was too far gone. Last time I saw it there was nothing but a rust dust pile and a barely recognizable trunk emblem/latch.

I do know that there is a 56(?) Oldsmobile close, and an old panel truck that I haven't been able to get a good look at. Both are in bad shape. I need to take a day and just drive around.