Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats happening in TN the weekend,20/22 of May.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38nash, May 13, 2005.

1. Hi
    My first weekend in the USA will be the 20-22 of May in Tennessee , and I want to know if there any car meet or swap meet to go to this weekend.
    Also local cruisings and meetings.
    We will be in Memphis on Friday.
    I will appreciate any inputs about what car related things that are happening in TN this weekend.

Regards
    Per Arne

“2 Vikings on USA TOUR 2005”

2. Memphis is a little weak on hot rod happenings. I don't know about any shows in Memphis that weekend but you should be arriving just in time for a lot of "Memphis in May" activities. I'm sure there is a website.

Things to see:

The Peabody Hotel (an art deco masterpiece, ducks)
    Beale Street (lots of good blues music, cold beer)
    The Rendezvous (best ribs in the world, cold beer)
    Graceland (the world's longest-running funeral)
    Platinum Plus (boobies, cold beer)

I imagine all of the above have websites too. Avoid the urge to go to Tunica, MS at all costs.

JH

3. Hi and thanks for the information.
    The Happenings don’t have to be in Memphis, everything that’s not far is interesting, we are heading to Nashville after Memphis.

Per Arne

5. Thanks for the info;-)

6. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

just found out about this exhibit in memphis,,sounds pretty cool featuring 92 vintage motorcycles from 1884 till present.

http://www.pyramidarena.com/

7. oldkid

oldkid
    from smyrna tn

isn't somerset ky that weekend? yeah i think it is that weekend.

8. Capt. Zorro

Capt. Zorro

Yep, that's the third weekend of the month. I haven't made it up yet, but everyone that I've talked to that has says that it's great. Unfortunately I've got to work that weekend, so it'll be June before we can go.

9. Capt. Zorro

Capt. Zorro

38, If you're coming through Knoxville drop me an e-mail. We've got several hot rod shops around here that I'll take you by to see if you want. Bobby Alloway's, Larry Griffey, Daniel Kerbo and several more are close. Lokar's is also in Knoxville. They've always got something interesting to check out.

10. Hi
    I suppose i will drive by your town. The email I am going to use on the trip is [email protected]
    My cellular phone number is 47 40291857, I have to go to internet café’s to check mail.
    I am living home now. I have 550 mile long trip to the airport in Oslo.

Regards Per Arne

2 Vikings on USA Tour 2005

11. Hi
    I am finally in the USA, flyed in to NY yesterday and is visiting a friend in NJ,was at a local car meet last evening.
    It feels great to finally be HERE,it was snowing when we left home and it was a beautifull wheater when we came over here.
    We are going to MS in the evening by a Greyhound bus to pick up the car there.

Regards Per Arne

2 Vikings on USA Tour 2005