Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats happening from February to May in California

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4eva4banger, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Hi there,

I am coming back up for three months and wondered what is happening from Feb to May in CA. I am going to the March Meet and also the Del Mar Nationals.

Best,

Greg

2. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

mudslides [​IMG]
    Too early for fire season... [​IMG]

3. Tackett

Tackett

California's pretty damn big. Are you going to be in a certain place, or driving around?

If you happen to be in So-Cal, here's a great website with endless opportunities to check out car related events.
    socalcarculture.com

Northern California isn't my thing, so I have no idea.

Tackett

4. I will mainly be in the SO-CAL area

5. Blownolds

Blownolds
    from So Cal

I don't go to car shows anymore unless they have a swap meet attached. But on my calendar, I have the following swap meets:

Feb.8 (this Sunday)-- Long Beach swap
    Feb. 28-9--San Diego Big 3 swap
    Feb.29-- Long Beach swap
    Mar.7-- Pomona swap
    Mar.12-14 March Meet
    Mar. 14-- Long Beach swap
    Mar.19-21-- Central Coast Automotive Weekend at Santa Maria
    Apr. 11-- Long Beach swap
    Apr. 25-- Pomona swap
    Apr. 30-1 Goodguys Nitro Nat's at Las Vegas
    May 1, Turlock spring swap (smaller than the January swap, but still a swap)

There are also some motorcycle swaps, and San Diego has a regular swap at the end of every month too.

OY, so much to do.

Don't forget to scrounge the old-car wrecking yards, such as:
    *Romo's in Fresno
    *Turner's in Fresno
    *Globe in Fresno
    *the old car wrecking yard in Lemoor
    *Pierson's in Mariposa
    *Pierson's in Piersonville (50 miles north of Mojave-- unrelated to the one in Mariposa)
    *Memory Lane in Sun Valley

Also try the self-serve junkyards, there are about 25 from Fresno to San Diego.

And if you are driving back through either Nevada or Arizona, don't forget to hit up the self-serve yards and also the old-car junkyards there as well.

Have fun. [​IMG]

6. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Don't forget Paso Robles - May 28-30

7. Sometime late March or early April is the Model A Club pancake breakfast in Orange, which is under the radar. I think El Mirage resumes in May, as well as the cruises at the NHRA museum on the first Wed of each month. AntiqueNats is first weekend in June and So-Called openhouse/LA Cabriolets Show 2 weeks later...June is when the fun REALLY starts!

8. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

You DO want to hit the March Meet at Famoso (Bakersfield) if you can. Paso Robles is another one. Laid back and lots of customs.

9. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

Greg, El Mirage is May 16. Don't forget the Land Speed Record exhibit at the Petersen. Wayno