Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's a rendering cost? Let's see 'em!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cWaInc, Nov 8, 2010.

1. RatRoy

RatRoy

If this is what you are interested in sent me a PM and I'll give the information you need. :):)

Attached Files:

2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Always amazes me the perception people have about artists...

"Oh, it won't take you that long since you're so talented...$50.00 should cover it, right...??? "

Right...!!! At that rate, maybe the artist earned $2.00 an hour...would you work for that little...???

I do concept art too...only mine starts at more than $50.00...and goes up from there, depending on how detailed it is...and I don't do it on a computer...my art is all pen and ink, very detailed and time consuming.

Would you pay your painter $50.00 to do ALL body work...??? All the upholstery for $50.00...??? Basically you're paying an artist for his talent, same as your paying anyone else in the automotive industry...

R-

3. cWaInc

cWaInc
    from Phoenix

Yeah time is definitely money. I draw a bit (mostly tattoo art) and I also do leather work which is very time consuming. So I get that its art and work. Just wasn't sure what they went for. There's alot of variety already posted. Maybe this is something that could be bartered?! A trade for a trade!

4. Blackie

Blackie

That is awesome! He had a HUGE influence over me when I first saw his work. Undeniable talent..

5. Blackie

Blackie

My commuter! No, nobody else is building it, so go for it!

6. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

I got the Joke:D

7. Blackie

Blackie

THanks J! I'll draw one of your builds any time....

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  8. firingorder1

firingorder1

I used to do a lot of aiirbrush renderings of bikes. 30-40 hours and then get insulted. One of these days I'll take it back up for my own pleasure.

[​IMG][/IMG]

9. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

I think it is really neat looking with the narrow bottom. Did you do any other sketches of it?

What is the idea behind the front suspension? It looks like quarter eliptics that are anchored on the axle end. Will it work like that?

10. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

My'Bird, done by Steven Brown in Michigan. He also did a beautiful rendering of the '36 which my wife gave me for Christmas last year, but can't find a picture of right now. I'm a big fan!

Attached Files:

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  11. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

If you want a photoshop done, contact 58 corvette bob, he is on here. he did one for me recently.

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  12. art dekko

art dekko

Brad did several conceptual drawings for me, as well as a few color pieces. He's a graduate of the Art Center College in Pasadena (where Foose went), and he's an automotive designer as well as an artist. Very knowledgeable and talented.

13. inkmunky

inkmunky

Check this out for some more info

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=438746

I've done renderings to help gain sponsorship when building a vehicle, at 17 i worked for a guy with OT big money builds. Now it really depends on the style you're after and what you're looking to get out of it. Multiple rendering pages will give more info but will cost more. I generally start at $300 for a single view and work up from there depending on how many views and if the person wants a full package of sketches along with finished renderings.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  14. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean

Thanks, I got to know him and his excellent work, back in the 70's in So. Cal. He does have some great skills. Here's how the car turned out, after Carter applied the paint.:cool:

[​IMG]

15. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

Thats funny , I don't care who you are thats funny!!

16. smoothie51

smoothie51

Steve did a drawing of a '54 Chevy with a '51 Fastback roof for Rod & Custom in 1995. In 1999, I bought a '51 Chevy and went with a mid-60s mild custom finish and added '54 rear fenders and taillights. In 2009, he did a rendering showing 2 views of my car, with his shown in the background; it's too big to upload (over 3M), but can be seen at Rik Hoving's site: http://public.fotki.com/Rikster/11_...augie-holtkort-1951/stanfordartworkfeb09.html. The price shown for the green '39 pickup is accurate.

17. smoothie51

smoothie51

I missed uploading these shots in my last message. The black and white is Steve's original from R&C, and the other is my Fastback from about a year ago.

Attached Files:

18. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

There are a TON of talented artists here and other places. My renderings start at $300.00 and go up. The trick is to find an artist whose style you like. We all have our distinct style, so we really aren't in competition. If you really dig the illustration, you'll be all the more inspired. You can't miss with the guys above. Good luck.
    Del

19. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Kenny Youngblood and I have been friends since high school . a great talent , and can be reached thru his website .

20. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Steve Stanford did the one for my roadster about eight years ago. Since he's a good friend he cut me a little slack on the price , but I would say you'll be paying around $500- $1200 for anything decent that you could actually use to build from . Here's the one Steve did and the finished car .

Attached Files:

41 GMC K-18 and juan motime like this.
  21. kayjohn

kayjohn

Youngblood did it.

[​IMG]

2006 in six different colors $700.00

22. carbuilder

carbuilder

This is what Rikster did for me email him he can tweak it just about any way you want & I felt it was very reasonable.
    DannySideViewRH09-vi.jpg

Front final view.jpg

DannyRearViewRH16-vi.jpg

Stogy, 41 GMC K-18 and juan motime like this.
  23. ...I'll do scribbles for $50 bucks...
    DSCN5242.JPG

Stogy, 41 GMC K-18, Blues4U and 2 others like this.
  24. I know he hasn’t been on here in a while but...... that is fantastic! Air brush? Amazing! Kevin Schwantz 93 World champion.

25. Diggin’ the one you did for me.
    A100057E-7494-4BA2-A3FF-679E203A13B1.jpeg

26. thanks wraymen !

Stogy, 41 GMC K-18 and wraymen like this.
  27. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

An ex-acto knife and a black marker and white out. You gotta know what you want. If not, hire a designer. Scan0751.jpg

Stogy likes this.
  28. maplefrm

maplefrm
    from Central IL

Here's a Christmas card Rustyl did for us in 2014. Well worth the money. Newest 001.jpg

Stogy, wraymen, 41 GMC K-18 and 2 others like this.
  29. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

C5EA7795-9F33-4437-977F-8FED48336E89.jpeg

A HAMBer did this for me about 15 years ago. Paid him twice his asking price! As the former owner of an ad agency, I find that artists often times under value their talents and don't stick to their guns on pricing when dealing with clients that don't appreciate the creative talents artists offer.

Stogy, 61cad, 41 GMC K-18 and 3 others like this.
  30. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

I may can be of some service. I not only do automobiles but I also do pets. This way, you can cherish these special memories for years and years to come.
    I'm really booked up so I'll have to check with my secretary to see if I have any openings in the near future.

[​IMG]Untitled by Travis Brown, on Flickr