Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's a HECO shock?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xlr8, Jun 28, 2011.

1. xlr8

xlr8
    from Idaho

I have a lever type shock absorber which says Heco on the back. It is super smooth operating and I'd like to find a full set. I'm a Model A guy and I'm not familiar with these. Were these an aftermarket shock, later Ford shock, or non-Ford? Any help appreciated.

2. does it say IN MEXICO or IN CHINA right after that? ..;) just kidding I have no idea and yes i know its hecho...

3. outlaw256

outlaw256

heco shocks are or were a shock made in dyersburg tn. in the 70s at the hecothorn manufactuing plant..they made a big yellow stabilizer shock for the front end that was beat by none.at 19 i was a security guard there and carrying a company issue 38 revolver!! thank god that job didnt last long.anyway thats the story on heco shocks.i dont know if there were other plants elswere but i do know that was the main plant.

4. xlr8

xlr8
    from Idaho

This thing's alot older than the 70's, they must have been in business before that. It fits the shock mounting holes in a model A frame.

5. 5window

5window