Register now to get rid of these ads!

whats a good place to find a sled

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by glassguy, Apr 23, 2005.

1. glassguy

glassguy

on line besides ebay?? a friend of mine is looking for a chopped shoebox, nuthin much on ebay or local adds.. thanks

2. guiseart

guiseart

How close to MA does it need to be? I've got a hundred sites I've found using www.ixquick.com, typing in "hot rods", "project cars", "classic cars for sale", etc... you'll be amazed at how much shit is out there, it takes time to filter thru all the ones too far a way or too expensive... but window shopping is kinda fun.

Ever tried "hemmings motor news"?

3. Hey Dave:
    Why don't he have Kelsey or Christie make him one? Probably be cheaper in the long run.A friend of mine has a beautiful ragtop but you'd have to off his old lady to get it.
    Ray

4. glassguy

glassguy

haha he wants it in THIS lifetime !!!! he wants something ti drive this summer, so thats not gonna work.. there was a online place ive seen before but cant remember what it was

5. mikes51

mikes51

6. DrJ

DrJ

Look on the for sale bulletin boards that are still in grocery stores in the older parts of your town.
    You'd be amazed at what you can find, but be prepared to brush up on reading Spanish.
    The seller will speak English, but the 3"x5" card will be in Spanish :cool:

7. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

I know a guy here local (San Diego) that has a fairly nice mild custom 2-dr 50 Ford. I don't think you can get any farther away and still be in the USA...so if it's worth it to him to consider shipping then let me know before I go any farther on it.

8. glassguy

glassguy

thanks everyone!!! charlie led, thats a little to far for him. but thank you for the offer

9. thesupersized

thesupersized

im sure your friend could find a nice sled forsale on the HAMB!!