Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration What's a Better Motivator: Shows or Swaps?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Dec 15, 2016.

1. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Swaps here, apart from the large notable ones, have turned into bric-a-brac. The market here is no where is large as yours and our selection is very limited in what is available. Gives me an excuse to drive the car somewhere and catch up with people. Outdoor displays go hand in hand with swaps so the carpark is always good if the pickings are slim at the swap

2. Mike's55

Mike's55
    from Canton, GA

I like shows, but nothing beats a crisp spring morning at a great swap meet. I love the Northeast GA swap meet in Commerce, which is monthly now. It starts early and is pretty much dead by noon. Awesome place to score some deals and unload some unwanted some parts that I no longer need. I generally do come home with more than I left with most days, but I look forward to it every month, Spring thru Fall. There aren't many things more fun than the thrill of finding whatever elusive, vintage part that I've been looking for.

3. Ed Angel

Ed Angel

A shopping list and a Swap meet really gets things in gear for me. A swap meet takes you home with new parts and motivation to get rollin. I look at car shows as a way to bring new builders into our lifestyle . It does get you motivated to see a young guy look at a car and say I would like to build that. That's what its all about at car shows for me. I didnt used to go to them now I kinda feel like its my duty to share our hobby with others.

4. flamingokid

flamingokid

From a creativity standpoint,I'd say a swap meet.You go out with high expectations,you start seeing stuff,and you think "Hey,I can clean that up" or "Hmm,if I do this,I can transform it into ????" Shows are great for figuring out what moves toy and also from talking to people who have already done something and can give you some insight to avoid any pitfalls.

Both would be the right answer ;)