Register now to get rid of these ads!

What'd you get done this weekend?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1950ChevySuburban, Jun 13, 2010.

1. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I did good. Got the fuel tank for my daughter's Nash set up - sender, pickup tube, fittings... ready to install.
    Made good progress on her floor, got the trans tunnel fabbed up to go around the auto trans and still have install / removal clearance and plenty of footroom.

What'd you all get done?

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

I got my passenger door guts all working and the door latches closed now.

And I put my switches in my column drop!! :D

[​IMG]

3. 1957Custom

1957Custom
    from Tulsa Ok

Successfully put a rod through the pan of my race car & took the '57 for a little spin

4. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

All I did was try to decide weather to try to get my interest back on my project or to part it out or sell it and move on. So I got nothing done this weekend.

5. Mowed a lot of grass.

6. thesupersized

thesupersized

went to KOA's Lead Scene East! gettysburg, pa

7. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Bombed around in my little roadster for hours in hot central California!!

Attached Files:

8. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

Pulled the 390 fe out to put a sbc in.

9. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

I did nothing, worked for my Elk's lodge for their fish fry for 6 hours on Friday served 1600 so we did nothing on Sat and Sun but enjoyed the weekend; Spent sunday afternoon in the hot tub with bloody mary's some one has to do it

10. Russ V.

Russ V.

Blew off sheet metal from Montana Barnfind '42 Ford Convert.:)

Attached Files:

11. Rev. Whitewall

Rev. Whitewall

Since I'm just now getting to drive my 51, I took her for a cruise and tweaked a few things. Adjusted shifter linkage and tightened up some bumps and rattles. The ol' bird needed brakes so i spent the afternoon workin on her car....

12. firemangordy

firemangordy

Finished putting the chassis together. Waiting for the painter to finish the body.

Attached Files:

13. superchiicken

superchiicken

GOT TO POR-15 WITH GLOSS TOP COAT ALL THE INNER FENDERS , NOW I GOT POR-15 WITH TOP COAT ON MY HANDS FOR A WHILE. IT WILL BE WELL WORTH IT IN THE LONG RUN. THE SANDBLASTING, I GOT IT DONE LAST SATURDAY. IT WAS SURE A LONG DAY.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  14. synthsis

synthsis

Spent Saturday at the flea market helping the wife sell some of her old clothes, most of the day was a bust, really slow, oh well.

15. Mowed grass, spread two yards of gravel with my trusty shovel, moved my daily driver into position so I can work on it (its still sitting there) helped a buddy install an invisible fence for his dogs, finally made it into the garage on Sunday to clean up and change the tires on the cragars for my wagon and fixed a couple of mowers that were given to me.

All in all, a good weekend...

16. nothing done watched damn dodgers lose all weekend

17. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

Went for another try around the block and broke down again.....,my dad has been my tow service last weekend and this weekend.Sucks when it runs fine in the driveway(1000 feet long) and then as soon as I take it to the road I make it 4-5 blocks and it shuts down.I owe my dad some beers and some good`ol Maryland crabs for being "on call" lol all in all I still see it as progress.Maybe next week after working on it all day I will make it 10 blocks lol

18. Raining here, no mowing to do. Besides, we left the Prairie grass and dont have anything but gravel in front of the house!

Got the 32 frame dialed in for the body, 1/2 done, spot on. Get to do the other side tomorrow. Couldnt help myself and mocked up the headlights,fog and grill shell to see...........

19. I redid the exhaust on the T then promptly blew a rear wheel cylinder the next morning. Picked up the wheel cylinder, then went to the Gasser Series event and watched some great racing, got home and fixed the car.

20. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Moved my 35 Ford pickup project further out back to make room for a 33 Ford pickup I'm getting on Tuesday.

21. And helped a pal drink some beers and work on his Willys................going through the big D right now, was great to hang with him.

22. Some sand blasting and painting.

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hmmm... Went to So-Cal Phoenix's monthly swap and traded some parts to get the right manifold for my modified's 2300cc Ford, Helped organize and attended a meeting to bring a Billitproof show to Phoenix, sanded the engine compartment on my girlfriends Ranchero, finished the kickups for my clients "T" speedster chassis, finished painting the 170 for the girlfriends Ranchero, Had lunch at Rosita's Place and didn't slip into a coma, went to a club Sunday morning breakfast, pulled a bell housing from another clients '63 Dart so I could get measurements to re-order his hydraulic throw out bearing tomorrow, shut down a BMW 5 series on the way there, stopped at a friends house to check out his brake lines (he got them right!) I managed to drive all three of my licensed cars somewhere this weekend, Laid out the steering on my other clients Bantam, and finished the weekend with a damn great pork roast at my parents house. Damn, it's amazing what you can get done when your girlfriend is far away in Hong Kong! No wonder I'm tired...

24. Road Oiler

Road Oiler

Didn't do much of anything, just helped the wife around the house, and got ready for the kids and our grandson coming over for dinner....aren't the two year olds a hoot? Spoil'em rotten and send them home.

25. ponchopowered

ponchopowered

fixed some rattles on my pontiac, and geting ready for kulture shock next weekend

26. 10bucks

10bucks

I've got front end sheetmetal matched together on my wagon for the first time in a long long time.:)
    [​IMG]

27. J-lopy Kid

J-lopy Kid

Pulled the Starliner Home... I figured that 8 weeks until Bonneville was long enough and I should get it started if I am driving it there...
    Pressure washed it; built a trans mount and motor mount, rebuilt the battery tray for a larger battery, and mocked in the radiator...

28. working out a few bugs!

Attached Files:

29. 53Rags

53Rags
    from BC Canada

Got the ignition side on my 53 210's inline 235 put back together.

30. Grifta32

Grifta32

I brought this home over the weekend. Pulled the 389 and slim jim tranny and installed a 400/th400 combo. [​IMG]