Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Whata day

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VONRUBEN65, Jan 30, 2011.

1. VONRUBEN65

VONRUBEN65
    from LOMITA

Today one of my club brothers went out to his car at work and found this. I just finished doing these for him within the last 3 months!![​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

2. big creep

big creep

what the fuck happened? or who the fuck did it! MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

3. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is that melted? WTF??

Doc

4. H3O

H3O

wtf!? has the look of weld beads, how does that happen? that blows dude.

5. Muttley

Muttley

It sure looks that way. Are there any security cameras at his place of business?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  6. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Did you guys have burritos?

EDIT

Sorry, that was wrong.

Doc.

7. was it a really hot day? seen dashboards melted like that because of suction cups stuck on the windshield (like for gps etc)??

sucks to happen to a new seat tho:(

8. VONRUBEN65

VONRUBEN65
    from LOMITA

No idea what the hell they did but yes it is burnt. They do have cameras but the security on duty today didn't know how to replay the videos so he has to wait till Monday!!

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

9. gorillaFart

gorillaFart

sucks! it looks like someone was using a torch carelessly, and while not paying attention, grazed the seat

10. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Point focal heat points reflected from rear view mirrors? But then one would expect a slight curve to them from the suns travel right??
    Doc.

11. nofin

nofin
    from australia

If the sun was shining through a pinhole in something before it was focused by glass or mirror it would leave a straight line like that. It would turn it into a laser type beam... sort of. If the damage was done by a torch or a flame I would expect to see smoke deposits above the burn and there aren't any.

12. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

looks like a reflected burn.prizm,mirror,stainless trim?the beads look like momentary burns for each and the top one was closer to the source.a little o/t we had a round globe of glass on this yard figurine that singed half a flower bed.weird

13. skwurl

skwurl

I would say he is lucky that's all that happened if it was burned like that

14. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Leave it parked where it is and follow the sun/reflection travel on the seat to see if anything "lines" up....maybe mother nature is the culprit:confused:

15. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Wow! Pretty scary if mother nature did that....could have burnt the whole car down....:eek:

16. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

Looks like someone layed a hot iron on it?

17. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

I'm betting on Mother Nature.

18. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

Both similar in length and fairly straight lines. I would be pissed at Mother Nature and go for revenge. :)

Would be interesting to find out what the sun reflected off of to cause that.

Neal

19. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

My guess is a car lighter.

It would be amazing if a sun reflection did the damage.

It looks as though some asshole dragged something hot across the upholstery. Unless they were near a shop or something that has 'hot' tools, it would have had to have been something handy on their person or from their car.

My guess; a car's dashboard lighter. Orange hot and dragged across the upholstery twice. The bottom slash has a sort of bumpy pattern like a weld bead. Guess they didn't have a knife.

If the security camera I.D.'s someone, check their car lighter for now hardened naugahide on its edge!

20. A friend went on a two week vacation leaving his pickup truck parked facing the sun. He'd flipped his rear view mirror up for some odd reason prior to leaving. When he got back into his truck he noticed the head liner had several arched burn marks in it. Confused Yes! He figured it out while sitting in the drivers seat and watching how the sun hit the mirror and reflected upon the head liner.

21. concreteman

concreteman

Looks like a hot wire or rod -the top first -then the bottom (was cooling)
    Sucks - somebody took some time and thought
    Hope you catch the fucker :mad:

22. chaddilac

chaddilac

If you don't find anyone on the cameras... I'd suggest it was some kind of reflection that burned it as the sun moved it moved right up the seats. I've seen it happen on a desk by a window that had a ornate magnifying glass standing up on it, sun came through and burnt the top of the desk pretty good, enough that it was like charcoal black!!!

23. thats friggen weird... hope yall figure out what happened.. also if its fully insured.. even if it was the sun that did it its considered an "act of nature" or god or what ever and is usually covered...

24. Chopperman

Chopperman

Thats a pissed off girlfriend right there.:mad:

25. i would suspect nature.. its too even.. couple of things.. first that one pleat that isnt burned through at the same travel of what ever burned it... if its not thicker then it wasn't as intense at that point.. like say a tree or something blocking the sun partially at that point.. also if someone melted it the vinyl would have strings coming outward due to the vinyl sticking to what ever burned the seat... also the two lines will converge like a focal point.. was the sun to the back of the car? like it reflected through the side mirror? like say a magnified passenger side mirror like some cars have?

26. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

i'm leaning towards the reflection therory,what kind of car?

27. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He doesn't (diidn't) happen to have anything hanging off the nnirror in the car at the tinne did he?

I can't see anyone going to that kind of effort to tear up a guys interior.

28. I'm thinking reflection also, if someone did it the furtherest away point from door opening would be the deepest burn, plus it's to straight.

29. it would have to be a hand held torch to do something like that.. its not burnt.. its melted.. and WAAAAY to even... if someone were to do that.. they wouldn't stick arround and slowly burn the seat.. it would be a quick zip zip and the lines wouldn't be that even and converge to a point like that.... and check this out. this happened in vegas.. http://thingofitis-thingofitis.blogspot.com/2010/10/death-ray-in-las-vegas-aghh.html friggen nuts

30. I'd probably be after finding out who he pissed off at work.

That's just wrong anyway.