Register now to get rid of these ads!

what year four banger

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jleblanc31, Nov 6, 2010.

1. jleblanc31

jleblanc31

I picked up some parts today and the guy gave me a four banger it looks like a A motor but a little different its got a crab style distributor in front like a flaty v8, the exagust isant round like a A motor its square and the head looks flatter not so round, also the motor mounts on the front are like a flatty v8. I was going to take a pic but my camera batteries when dead when I went to tak a pic so I will hopfully get some pics tomorrow. also if it helps on the year it had a toploader trans attached to it.

2. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Like this....
    [​IMG]

3. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

tractor engine??

4. jleblanc31

jleblanc31

Thats it looks just like that

5. fatstax

fatstax
    from cobourg

forklift motor

6. Tractors and optional engine for pickups in about 1940 (it replaced the V8 60). I think the pickup version had a fuel pump and the tractor did not but I could be wrong. Too few cubes to be useful for anything if you want to go fast but collectors might be interested.

Charlie Stephens

7. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

tractors had no fuel pump and its like the one in my 48 8n, the front is a front axel mount if its from a tractor

8. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

It is a 9n tractor engine modified for use in 1941/42 commercial vehicles and as industrial engines to some later date. The engine was also known as the half Merc. HP was 40.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]