Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What would your perfect "Lambrecht Auction" consist of?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Sep 27, 2013.

1. chubbie

chubbie

Well we are just home from the Lambrecht "Veiwing" what a circus that is!! I saw some great project cars!!! several 348 cars 2 '65 full size cars with 396/350 HP But most of the cars are base models 4 doors even the 3-4 mile cars have small parts missing. 75% of the cars have busted glass and a lot of them had 3-4 windows smashed out. so the inside is full of leaves and stuff, and lots of coon shit!! even the no mile cars have things like headlite buckets chrome strip missing. wish i had the '55 hard top!! there was a nice '53 studebaker CK hardtop!!!!!!!!!! Most of the cars are '65 and older just for the HAMB group!

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

maybe on a more realistic view I would like to find a Chevrolet Dealer that opened in the 30's and never threw away any of the display items you would see in the showroom. it would have to have been opened until at least 1954, that is where my interests in these items begins to go away.

posters, banners, promo cars, accessory displays...all that stuff.

3. How about L.C.Firestine,,one the West Coast. HRP

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NQHy0vHL5eQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Landmule

Landmule
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As luck would have it, I found an Auburn, Cord, Duesenberg dealership shuttered in the late 30's with a fully stocked parts department and lovely showroom display for all three lines. The showroom is similar to the display at the Petersen Museum. Unfortunately the whole building, which was constructed of heavy, heavy concrete and had the windows and doors bricked up by the bank, was covered by a landslide and forgotten until just yesterday. I had the good fortune to buy the land where it sat and found the building as I was preparing to drill a well. The place is a bunker, trapped in time filled with wonderful old American iron from the ACD company. None of it is really HAMB friendly but maybe after Jay Leno buys everything, that won't matter so much...

Kind of a cool dream anyway....

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Some where, there is such a place. The owner hasn't died and isn't saying anything.

6. Pop-Rodder

Pop-Rodder

I wouldn't care which dealer it was, where it was and when it was, as long as I had a fat enough wallet to be able to get what I wanted from it!
    That's my only requirement!

7. gatz

gatz

are you going to let us at least take a look at what you've found?

8. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

Yes please!

9. JakesA

JakesA

A west coast Packard dealership that closed in Dec. 1941. The owner was a car guy who had kept a 734 speedster, a couple of 900 light 8's, custom bodied 34 models and the show room had a couple of new Darrins. To cap it off in the service area held a 30 and 32 Ford 4banger roadsters he raced at Muroc 1938 -40.

Of course I will win lotto this evening !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Not just to be different, but mine would be from the correct Hamb era, but not regular findings on here. I would love to get ahold of a pre 1950 big truck dealership, Diamond T, Peterbilt, KW, Autocar etc. Hopefully they would have some sweet parts runner smaller trucks there as well.

11. modelkitbasher

modelkitbasher

Willys dealership that closed in like 1942 or so is what would take my cake.willys,willys and more willys.

12. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

An Edsel dealer that the owner threw in the towel just before the '59s came out, with a parts department full of new Teletouch motors and relays, wiring harnesses, hood ornaments, taillight lenses, hooded mirrors, tachometers, dash pads, and A/C setups (any Edsel owners will know what I mean!). And a coral and white Pacer convertible in the showroom.

And training in mass hypnosis to use against the other bidders - "These are not the Edsels you want."

13. autobilly

autobilly

14. G,day Autobilly , I wish real fishing was as easy as that !!!

15. jroberts

jroberts

Obviously a Studebaker dealership. One that shutdown around 1952, with a brand new 2R6 pickup and a "used" 1941 Champion 2dr Sedan. But a Hudson dealership would be cool as well a Hudson pickup and a Twin H convertible. Of course a few Twin H crate engines would be nice as well. A Packard dealership with a 1950 convert would also be nice. We can dream big time can't we?

16. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My earning imagination would be a dealership closed down that warehoused all if it's inventory, new and used, in mid 74. The back lots were rife with all those 'gas guzzlers' that folks bid well into 6 figures for these days.

My dreaming mind would be to find the Peerless 16 behind the block wall before those who did 'find' it. Peerless went from building cars to brewing beer and sealed the car up behind a brick wall.

17. USA Tires Sign Joe

USA Tires Sign Joe
    from Western NJ

LaSalle, Duesenberg, Dodge Brothers Model T Ford in memory of my wife's Uncle Joe. RIP

18. NoSurf

NoSurf

19. I watched a little of that. Wow!

20. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

One of these would do. A Packard/Willys dealer from Glouster, OH.

Attached Files:

21. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mine would be an auction with no reserve on anything, and I was the only person attending.

22. ...seems the Lambrecht auction was pretty good for the family and the auctioneer and the IRS.

23. A ford dealership of the 60s, closed just as the first special order Shelby Cobra was dropped off.

24. mgbtc

mgbtc

All of the above would do fine, but I think my dream would have to include a Packard in the forty to mid fifties era. And a mid fifties Cadillac of course.

25. Heart Of Texas

Heart Of Texas
    from TX

Spent the three hours watching the auction coverage on History Channel.

All I can say is: Even thought the economy is supposed to be in the toilet, there are some car collectors with LONG GREEN in their pockets!

One interview I really liked was with an Australian woman who bought a 57 Chevy Belair. With excited voice she told the commentator, she had flown 20+ hours on three aircraft then drove 4 hours to get to the auction site. When asked how she planned to get the car home , she shrugged and said shipping would be the next thing she needed figure out.

I click with that thinking... it is how I buy cars too! Great auction, hope some of these cars make it back to the street in the USA!

26. I watched that goofy hot tub movie where these guys go back in time ... did they go buy some cars and stash them away some where for later nooooooooooooooooo

just finding a few stockers30's 40's 50's 60's in fine shape with milage under 10 grand will do just fine ok tudors only

27. My car auction fantasy???? NOT printable here!:eek:
    How ever an old long established Chrysler, Plymouth dealership with all the NOS parts and a couple of "new" RoadRunners and 'Cudas and a Hemi Charger from 1969 would be cool. Maybe throw in the eclectic high performance used car/tradein inventory as well...

Jeese! This could take several hours!:D

28. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Although I'm partial to Fords, any brand in the HAMB eras would do, just as long as they were stored properly where they wouldn't turn into piles of torn cloth and rust!:D

29. cmyhtrod

cmyhtrod
    from ct

I watched some of the show on History, but got real tired of all the talk about how "new" those cars were. New, weather beaten, rusty cars in need of complete restorations that probably went for outrageous $$$.

My perfect find would be a barn full of V12 & V16 Cadilacs, V12 Packards, V12 Auburns, an 812 Cord and Ford roadsters from '31-'36 and converts from '36-'40.

30. seatex

seatex

THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!:eek: