Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods what would you pay for these halibrand wheels?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by snopeks garage, Nov 13, 2015.

1. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

So I go back today and well it gets better!!! I was so cought up In the wheels I missed this!!!!! 20151114_115951.jpg 20151114_120022.jpg 20151114_115931.jpg 20151114_115917.jpg

volvobrynk likes this.
  2. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

3. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

I talked to another person here i guess the car belongs to the owner here. He basent been around In 3 months. I asked for his phone # but they wouldent give it out. I did get his email though. I was also told he collects a lot of stuff and dosent like selling. Eather way this was a exciting find for me!! I don't have much money to work with but we will see how this goes. Wish me luck!

volvobrynk likes this.
  4. slowmotion

slowmotion

Holy....

volvobrynk likes this.
  5. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

HOLY S___ now I want the whole thing! What a find , Hope it works out for you! Gary PS I like the bulldozer too!

volvobrynk likes this.
  6. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

The picture becomes much clearer now :) Good luck in prying that from his possession :D
    Especially since they said he doesn't like selling.

7. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

Ummm..

Just stating obvious here.... But.... That is NOT a dune buggy.....

Looks like it was a pretty serious car back in the day... Probably has some cool history.... Be a shame to see it get parted further from its origional pieces... I'm baffled anyone would think of this????!!!

Add the word kellison to your education aswell

... That car should stay together and be restored ...

Hopefully someone buys that and respects that car as a whole and not $$ pieces

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  8. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV what he said, Gary

9. noboD

noboD

Snopek, you need to get off the farm more! Buy the whole thing.

10. BobMcD

BobMcD

There is something not cool about going on another members property, taking pictures, and posting them and wanting to buy and sell his stuff on the same site without permission.

11. AMEN! Brother! Down Here in Texas,
    We Shoot Tresspasser! That's what Posted Signs Are For!
    We Call'em Fence Jumpers!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

blackout78666 and hipster like this.
  12. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

I'm curious how it started from... I have a chance to buy this dune buggy What are the wheels worth..so I can sell them....... To .......i don't know who owns it now and I can't get the phone number???

My dad had stuff stolen off property in this same manner ... Now I have a 58 Chevy without doors, ect ... I wish they woulda posted pics on the hamb first asking value

31Vicky with a hemi likes this.
  13. The37Kid

The37Kid

Welcome to the club, I've been doing it for 55 years now, hope you get the wheels. Bob

Max Gearhead likes this.
  14. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Weird question... But how did you stumble across this "find" behind that fence?

15. The37Kid

The37Kid

That may be a Devin body, try to buy the whole deal, find out all the cars history before you flip it. Bob

whtbaron likes this.
  16. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

First don't change my words. I said I may have the opportunity to make a offer. it's at a public buisness that I have been tons of times and never seen it.they buy and sell used stuff like this so I asked the employee about the car and she said its the owners and she thinks he found it at another of his propertys. I don't want to say where it is for the safety of the car. I'm sorry about your missing doors.

17. [QUOT="snopeks garage, post: 11251887, member: 152074"]I talked to another person here i guess the car belongs to the owner here. He basent been around In 3 months. I asked for his phone # but they wouldent give it out. I did get his email though. I was also told he collects a lot of stuff and dosent like selling. Eather way this was a exciting find for me!! I don't have much money to work with but we will see how this goes. Wish me luck!

I may have the opportunity to make a offer on these wheels and or the old ratty dune buggy there mounted to. What would you value them at? They are in nice shape. I haven't got a chance to measure the bolt pattern because I randomly found them today. Fronts are 16 s backs 15 s. I would buy them just to sell and profit. the owner was not home so i left my phone # and hopefully he calls. What do think?

AASoo
    - this stuff isn't even for sale !!!

You're wandering around, just randomly "finding" people's stuff- their stuff that isn't lost & Somehow this equates into "an opportunity to make an offer"- hmmm?

18. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

Sorry , I didnt mean to change any words

"opportunity to make an offer" translated to : "its for sale and I want to buy it" to me

19. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:rolleyes: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.Let the games begin.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

20. slowmotion

slowmotion

Wow, this got all weird in short order.
    Check please!

Atwater Mike, wraymen and The37Kid like this.
  21. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Disk brakes too?

22. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I sincerely hope the owner isn't gonna sell this to someone who thinks its a dune buggy and wants to fucking part it out on ebay...

volvobrynk, Tony, lurker mick and 5 others like this.
  23. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

After seeing the whole car, it should be preserved as a unit. Got to be some history on it somewhere.

volvobrynk likes this.
  24. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

It might have been a Modified Sports class car for drag racing, and maybe it never got finished ?

With coil overs on all 4 corners it might have been for road racing too?

Any info about the engine or did it even have one ?

volvobrynk likes this.
  25. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

Yeah, it's a kit car sports car. I can't think of the name right now. They had a NHRA class for them, sport cars, back n the day.

volvobrynk and snopeks garage like this.
  26. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Wonder what the two flat plates welded to the front of the rear axle are for ? They look like they have adjustment holes for something.

[​IMG]

This car needs someone to save it from becoming dust in the ground.

Don

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Actually, I think I recognize this car, and if its the car I think it is, it has legitimate drag racing history. I will try to find the photo I'm thinking of and confirm that. I think this cars photo may have been in racing coverage in Hot Rod in the early sixties.

volvobrynk and snopeks garage like this.
  28. SR100

SR100

I'm pretty sure it isn't a Devin. It reminds me of this car pictured in the book Gasser Wars:
    Gasser Wars Unknown2.jpg
    (it isn't identified in the book).
    Over to you @G.Hacker...

volvobrynk and kidcampbell71 like this.
  29. ^^^ :cool:

Berkley Michigan's Midwest Auto Parts ... door art does not look like Al Maynard's name ... but he drove for that outfit.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    volvobrynk likes this.
  30. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

After realising what this is i would deffenetly try to buy and sell it as one. Thanks for all the comments and intrest! I've learned a lot allready.