Register now to get rid of these ads!

What would you have done?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olddaddy, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

Buy the deal back!

You would be in the same financial situation as if you never got his business in the first place.
    Then he is no longer a customer of yours [ remember the old "customer is always right", "well he aint a customer of mine" ]

You will spend 99% of your time trying to please the 1% that cause endless grief. and they cause damage to your reputation as well.

If you spent the same amount of effort on the next customer, you be richer for the experience. Don't let your ego get in the way.[ back out fast ]

Some people are never happy, or are their own worst enemy [ try and avoid these customers ]
    Life is too short for these people to make you miserable

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  2. Joe King

Joe King

that's why I still have drums

3. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Definately keep a file on this asshat. I used to install car stereos and have been blamed for everything from the alternator going out to blown tail lights, when doing basic swap outs with factory harnesses. Can't fix stoopid.

4. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Save the conversation ,He sounds like an ass and will probably sue you ,When his bushing fails.

5. So. I'm trying to understand this..is the spindle size of my car wrong? Doesn't one kit work for every vehicle ever made? It's not okay to switch out the parts from your kit? Copper isn't a good material for shims on the spindle? Several hours is not a week? I'm so confused..I think now I will have to open up my own brake repair service shop.

6. bikeguydave

bikeguydave
    from Kentucky

Wow I'm impressed, with his stupidity, and your patience

7. After reading this I firmly believe your were a Saint in one of your past lives!!!
    Also it reaffirms the old saying " you can't fix Stupid"

8. Years ago I worked for Chassis Engineering in Iowa. I had a customer who couldn't figure out how to bolt on our SBC side engine mounts.
    I suggested that he should think about changing hobbies.

You did more for this idiot than most of us would have. Props to you.

9. Wildfire

Wildfire

I lost patience with the guy about 6 emails in - YOU ARE A SAINT!

Whatever you sell, I want to buy from you.

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sounds like that guy shold be collecting stamps, but most likely couldn't figure out which side the mounting hinge is attached to.

11. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

12. csimonds

csimonds

Christ, your patience is amazing! I would have went to the GD's (Giant Douche's) house and beat him with that damb bushing he kept bitching about! He would have been better of using bubble gum to fix his problems. You sir are smart to post your correspondance with this dip shit on the HAMB for a little back-up!
    BIGCHUCK

13. Steve from PA

Steve from PA

I have dealt with many vendors over the years and you have gone above and beyond, don't sweat a jerk. (but keep the emails so that when his wheel falls off he can't sue)

14. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes, you did the right thing, I'd not have been so kind after the fifth or sixth email.

Please note that occasionally there is a flip side. About a year and a half ago I ordered an item advertised on a HAMB Alliance Vendors site. Since they finally resolved the issue, after 10 MONTHS, I won't name names. I have a string of at least 2 dozen emails, plus I shipped them parts to prove that what they were sending me was not correct. It was finally resolved when I asked Ryan to send them a note asking WTF? After his intervention, I got parts that fit. But then they forgot to send me back the parts that I had shipped them.....

Also note that my "parts" were not modified, they were stone stock. I have three of said item, taken off of original cars, and they are all identical.

15. 53ash

53ash
    from Plano, TX

If we could only find these folks in a "Better Customer Bureau", and stay the heck away from them. Just no way to screen out the Idiot in every crowd. You did a great job. I'm pretty sure I could install your kit, just from reading your very well described instructions, via email. Good luck!

16. You are a very patient man! I think good customer service is most important and yours was great. I don't know what more you could have done for him. I think what frustrated him was his own lack of skills and knowledge.

I'd wouldn't hesitate to buy from you with that kind of customer support. What's your web site?

17. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

Well this is one instance where e-mail > telephone, you have a written record of what an incompetent dick this guy is.

A phone conversation leave no trail,,,, except for Mel Gibson... :D

18. as Rocky would say, "the difference between genius and stupidity is that genius is limited!!"

19. 5window

5window

No, he needs a hobby where he doesn't have to do ANYTHING but buy it and put it on a shelf-like collecting Avon bottles or Thomas Kincaid paintings. I bet he's real handy about the home,too. :)

20. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Right about now I'd send him a link to this thread :D

21. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I've beein in customer service for a while. Great job dealing whith a dumbass. Right away when he didn't know how to "peen" I knew something would go terrible.

Sounds like a super nice ride using COPPER as bushing material and not sending his parts to you to fix for FREE.
    Can't say I've ever turned down someone making my stuff work for FREE. Had you said you'd charge I might have rethunk it and tried to figure it out on my own....

Hopefully the car never gets on the road. Maybe you could do us a favor and at least say what state he lives in so we can watch out!

22. Ummmm...yeah!

Well done for going way above & beyond the call of duty...class act.

23. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

I think it is rustyhope.com

24. I get a little frustrated at times with ill fitting parts, parts packages that are missing a part or two,etc. However in this case I believe you did everything you could to make the situation right. I don't think the fault was yours to start with. I do know you were a lot more patient and polite than most people would have been. I wouldn't be too worried about any loss of business over it. Have a good day pal.

25. citcapp

citcapp
    from Bothell WA

X2 nothing else needs to be said. What a nutbag

26. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Two chicks at the same time man. Thats what I would do.

27. It has been said on this thread numerous times. You did a great job with this guy, showing a lot more patience than he probably deserved. Certainly a hell of a lot more than I could have managed.

I applaud you for taking the high road.

I guess it holds true that not all tools can work on cars! :eek:

28. Never2low

Never2low

He probably sent 20 emails to Fruit of the Loom. "Do you realize your waist bands are way undersized? And the fucking leg hole on the right side is huge! I'm no clothing designer, but I've read the directions over and over, and have come to the conclusion that your underwear suck!":D

29. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

To answer your origonal question I would have offered his money back after the second exchange that indicated you were dealing with an idiot. You don't need this kind of customer. Having run my own repair shop and then a custom fabrication/chassis shop I learned to spot the customer that will NEVER BE SATISFIED and I try to sever relations with that kind before it turns into something that neither of you will be proud of the outcome. I commed you for your patience and fortitude I'd have run out of both looooong before you did.

Frank

30. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

some people...you just cant reach.., and thats what we have here today.

there are those that can, and those that should never..im thinking he falls into the catagory of, never

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.