Register now to get rid of these ads!

what would you do??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blt2go, May 11, 2011.

1. blt2go

blt2go

got asked to buy a '36 ford heavy duty last nite. jumped at the chance to go see it today, disappointed to find the '36 was a 40-46ish? commercial. cab corners are rusted out, can't see the floor inside for all the pack rat crap and the bed has been tread plated and is not square anymore. i hate to let these parts go to the scrapper, yet i can't justify putting much money in it with the little i know about these trucks. all i would want is the engine (not sure that it's even buildable) and some odds and ends. wouldn't trash it would clean up the parts and try to find a good home for them. does anyone on here see anything there that would make it worth much? i'm sure somebody needs some part of this thing it's just not me right now. i'm funneling money into my hemi right now and just can't part with much $ for long. not asking anyone to hold my hand on buying it, just want eyes that have more knowledge behind them (on these trucks) to school me some. thanks

Attached Files:

2. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

That's a '40-'41 3/4 or 1 ton pickup (there's a hood trim difference between the two years). Very desirable.

BTW, that first photo is nice enough to sell as a print

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  3. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

4. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

What's the asking price?

5. blt2go

blt2go

thanks arkie, i noticed when i snapped it that it looked very good for me to have shot it. (good subject and setting) making the call in just a minute. thanks guys, as i said i'm not up to speed on the commercial line of ford trucks. scrapper is offering 600. i don't know how much it will take to get it though. once some people see its worth not scrapping to someone else they believe it's golden. i don't have a gold budget. thanks again.

6. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

Man thats a pretty rare truck, Well woth the $600.00 to turn it to a Truck guy for a profit.

If I was close I would snatch it up before the Scrapper could get back.

7. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

They already know it's not worth scrapping, it's just easy for them to let the guy load it no questions asked. I'd just tell them I wanted the engine but will gladly take the whole thing for a few other parts and stop at a grand on the whole truck, can't see how you could get hurt much there. Flash a little green at them. You could always get the 600 out of it, minus haling.

8. havi

havi

I agree that first pic is great!

I also agree that if I was closer, I'd be interested in it.

9. The truck is a '41 as indicated by the wide chrome on the hood and the grille center, chrome on a '40 is narrower. Rectangular block Ford emblems on hood sides and in center of dash are unique to '41. Other than that, '40 and '41 truck is pretty much the same. The sealed beam headlight assemblies are a bolt-on for '35-'36 Ford car and '38-'39 Ford truck, also the headlight stands with the little oval parking lights (the parking lights are '37-'40 car interior lights with glass instead of plastic lens) will fit '38-'39 Ford trucks.

10. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

looks like a deal to me. why wouldnt ya?

11. cash in hand is worth more than truck in the weeds. everybody on here says buy it, but maybe one percent would buy parts off you after you got it. if there's something on it you can't live without, then go for it. if not, keep building that hemi.

12. Dblbeard

Dblbeard

I'm not exactly sure, but if you mean the scrapper is just a junk yard going to crush it there is no way they are offering $600.00 for it.
    With steel prices being what they are today he would do good to get $300.00 to $350.00. So, that tells me he might be shooting you a line.