Register now to get rid of these ads!

What would you do ????????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 76ironhead, Jun 10, 2009.

1. 76ironhead

76ironhead

Need some opinions on something. What would you do if you went to a car show with your cruzin buds and they buy 50/50 tickets that are good for $ or swag they leave and give you the tickets and they win. Do you keep for yourself or give it up. The only reason I ask is my bud won 2 count'em 2 bad ass hot rod chassis & cycle shirts I gave up the shirts. And it put a big grin on his face. Let the debate begin

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

Keep it... heck you're the one that stayed... or maybe buy some beer and pizza and invite them over!! :D

3. rustrustler

rustrustler

there's a lot of variables, how good a friend etc. Bottom line go with your heart and you'll be right. Mike

4. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

hahaha... if I run into that situation with friends and they want me to stay late so they can chicken out and do something else... I always tell 'em "If you WIN IT'S HALF MINE BITCHES!"

They haven't won crap yet.

5. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

ticket belongs to a bro?

its the bro's swag

if your bro leaves a show early cause work called and some kinda emergency happened, an his ol lady sticks around to get a lift home with you, you gonna bang his ol lady cause "he left her with me"?

yea

6. How hot is she???????

7. How good lookin is she????:D

8. Troyz

Troyz

Do the right thing. Situational ethics will kick your ass when you least need it.

9. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

yep

doing the right thing when someone can see you do it is cool... but doing the right thing when no one is looking... that takes integrity and character

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd say if he bought the tickets the swag belonged to him. If they were handout tickets that you get for the "free" drawing use your own concience.

At least one run up here gives out tickets (you drop one in the box/can) when you pay at the gate for the drawing at the end of the awards an a lot of trophy chasers tend to leave as soon as they know they didn't get picked for an award and pass the ticket off to a buddy, I'd say that is fair game for staying around.

11. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

What did he say when he handed the tix to you? I'm had two guys do this and tell me they were mine regardless. I had one say to let him know what he won later. Both seem cut and dry to me. Especially when none of them won, me either.

If he didn't specify, I'd say they're his out of respect for the friendship.

Karma man. It's all about the karma.

12. You did the right thing.

13. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Wasnt this a beer comercial:confused: ..........:D

14. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

Dumb ass question..............2 shirts?.............one in yer size, the other in his.........done deal.

15. Ghost28

Ghost28

I went to a show and they gave out tickets for a drawing. A friend needed to use the facilities and said if he wins he wanted the double disc american grafiti movies as his choice. I won with my ticket. And got and gave the movies to him cause he wanted them. (IT'S JUST STUFF) he's still my friend, I would expect to be treated the same... ghost

16. Yeah, you could just as easily have given them to still someone else.. split 'em.

Personally, I figure if I put away a dollar for every car show I go to, by the time I actually won a 50/50, I'd already have more money in a coffee can at home.

17. deanopopino

deanopopino
    from Troy, MO

You gave him the shirts, right? You did the right thing; what a friend ought to.

18. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Snoooooz you loose.....best man wins.

19. Kevins89notch5.0

Kevins89notch5.0
    from Orlando

Its all in what the friend said. It go could two ways. He could say, "Here, take these and let me know if I win anything." or "I gotta leave, here ya go, these should increase your chance."

20. RichG

RichG

A-freakin'-men!

21. Before the debate goes any further let me tell you the whole story..... First off the tickets were bought because it was for charity, secondly I had to leave for family graduation parties, thirdly we arent just "buds" weve known each other since we were kids, fourth one of the shirts was to small for both of us and my wife will wear it. I could list about ten more things but I wont bore you any more.

continue on..........

22. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Depends. If a bro gives me his ticket because he's gonna leave early and says it's yours, keep the swag. If not, it's his. I went to Vegas and a co-worker gave me a buck to hit the slots. His buck won $65. My friends said to keep the money, he won't know. I told him I would, and gave him his winnings. Boy was he shocked..........

23. Tony

Tony

There ya go..that's a perfect statement.
    Plus, there is NO shirt or 50-50 anything worth a friendship..period.

24. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

Give your bud HIS stuff. Remember bad karma will get you if you scarf your buds swag.

25. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

If he was really your "bud" he would have tossed you one of the shirts.

26. The operative word here is "buds" right?
    nuff said

27. NVRA #84

NVRA #84

Put yourself on the other end. How would you want the outcome handled? Follow that line, it's the old "do unto others" motto.

You did the right thing. If it were a large sun of money I would hope he would share with you, even if it were a small percentage. Hell even for two tee shirts he should keep one and give you the other, mainly because if it weren't for you he wouldn't have gotten anything.

28. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Depends, did he just give them to you or ask you (as a friend) to watch "his" tickets to see if he won.
    Give is give, no strings and if he gave them to you flat out then the stuff is yours but I would have still split it since it was 2 items.

29. NVRA #84

NVRA #84

After reading this; Your reason are ligament, but it's still down to the facts that you weren't there and your Bud was honest enough to get the prize and give it to you. You should still share. Keep the small one for your wife and give him the one that fits. He did the right thing and so can you or if the situation arises again maybe he'll remember your rudeness.

30. fat141

fat141

If you dont cough up honestly, its YOU that has to cross to the other side of the road to avoid looking him in the eye.. IMO