Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What would you do?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolhandponcho54, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Wrench666

Wrench666

I would take it. If nothing else cut the shit out of it and mild it into something awesome.
    Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. haileyp1014

haileyp1014
    from so cal

Scrap it .steel prices are up

3. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

Lots of good parts there!
    It's a common model and that's a good thing.
    It's not that big of deal to go back with a Banjo or..... parallel leafs.

If the. bones are good..... has solid floor structure..... has seat frames......

She may not be that bad off. Everything missing is. bolt on stuff.

You would be really surprised what some scotch brute pads..... CLR.....soap and water...... rubbing compound and wax will do.

patmanta and Clay Belt like this.
  4. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

Charlie Brown's Christmas Treee??

It just needs a little love.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    Chrisbcritter and Falcon H like this.
  5. indyjps

indyjps

[QUOTE="coolhandponcho54, post: 12661831, [/QUOTE]
    You got a lot of energy. Are you just taking the axle as originally planned, or did you find a new project?

It could be a cool ride.

6. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

May I add my opinion to the "...leave it where it is and run..." crowd. It may be a mess, but it does have two to many doors...

7. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Ever since I was a little kid. I have always wanted a junk yard. Strange ain`t I. The problem is I am land locked where I live. If I had the land, I`d take it in a second. Everybody posts that junk yards are disappearing and how sad it is. But everybody wants to scrap this one. Maybe some day I`ll have a few acres.

8. I don't understand the negative Nancy's on this post. You'd think these cars still grow on trees or something. They don't. You'd think surface rust ruins a car from some of these turkeys - it doesn't.

If you go parting it out, you could even sell the floorpans out of it if they're solid; one of the reasons I got $2500 for my '50 Chevy is when I hit a '52 in a you-pick that let you bring in sawzalls, I cut all the good body mounts out of it including one that's not reproduced - and for about $100 I got what would have cost over a grand to buy the ones they do make. I even cut out a couple sections of floor that were better than mine.

This car, I would look at cutting the back half off the body and putting a pickup bed on there. Your choice of keep the top or go convertible. If you can fit the stock rear fenders to the bed, even better. It wouldn't be that hard to take it back to a stock rear suspension, or put something in there that actually works, it's a Ford, there's tons and tons of support for these cars. Cut the floorpan from the rear body into sections that can be shipped easily and sell them.

And have you seen what Drake wants for their repro of these taillights? Check an ad in a current magazine.

9. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Get it and cut it down into a short Tudor sedan. I’ve seen several 4 doors cut and made into 2 doors that way. If you keep the proportion right, people will think it came that way.

coolhandponcho54 likes this.
  10. Lots of good parts there. An afternoon with a torch and a Sawzall will release all the good parts and make the remainder easy to take to the scrap yard.

Pinstriper40 likes this.
  11. junkman8888

junkman8888

Cut the top off and make a four-door tub. Or get a chunk of coupe top and turn it into a Ranchero.

12. wicarnut

wicarnut

Run away fast as possible, the money, time involved to make that POS into something/anything would be ridiculous IMO, my opinion and $2.50 gets you a cup of coffee anywhere I eat.

Gman0046 likes this.
  13. Gman0046

Gman0046

It would make a great rolling rod run Porta Potty with all those doors.

14. greener200

greener200

Love ,,,Exciting and New
    Cliimb aboard ,,
    We,re exspecting Youuuuuuu !!!!!!!!
    To Build iiiiiiiiiiiit , , , , I think thats how the song goes ,

Thor1 and Clay Belt like this.
  15. 62rebel

62rebel

Jokers to the left of me, clowns to the right

clem, wicarnut, Thor1 and 3 others like this.
  16. Now all I can see is Michael Madsen dancing (showing my age)

Sent from my VS996 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

clunker likes this.
  17. 62rebel

62rebel

I got it backwards, BTW, on purpose. Don't want Walter Egan or his attorneys knocking on my door. Gerry is already gone, RIP

williebill likes this.
  18. 62rebel

62rebel

Shoot enough paint on it to stop it rusting, in black and white, and pose it for photo shoots as a cop car

19. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Worked on this for a guy. Talked him into the design and sold him the hubcaps. Scan0166.jpg Scan0167.jpg Scan0168.jpg Scan0165.jpg

20. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

^THIS^ is basically what I have to say on it. These guys screaming SCRAP are full of it. That's enough of a car to have a good time with and bring your friends/kids/grandkids along for the ride. With some cleaning up and motivating, it would make a great cruiser. You could easily do a stock car, road rally, or shine runner build with it.

YOU DID GOOD. Personally, I would love to pick one of these up cheap and I am still kicking myself for missing out on a complete 41 four door last year for $750. I wanted to drop one of my early SBCs in it, drop the nose, and bomb around.

So, it's simple: clean it up, patch the holes, make it go, AND GO MAN GO!

LBCD, Clay Belt and williebill like this.
  21. Ok I got the car.
    I am going to build it.
    I know it's a four door and I know the style is not the best looking but I like odd and undesirable.
    A little background on me. I am 32 and have four kids ( I know ), my dad has owned a salvage yard and mechanics shop for longer than I have been around so donor parts will be cheap and I turn wrenches for a living so labor is cheap also. I have seen many old cars crushed and I don't like it. Would be nice to have something to cruise with the fam ( I'm leaning to tub)
    My dad says no matter what I do to it I can't make it any worse than it is right now

22. ??Build tread or stay with this for full story I'm going to need help

Clay Belt and 46international like this.
  23. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

51 Lincoln. I`d say leave it on this one. Then you can show everybody who wanted to scrap it(which is the majority) it can be saved. .

24. great idea!

LBCD and coolhandponcho54 like this.
  25. I would be nice to see a photoshop of one of these with the top cut off, wonder what it would look like with a cloth top, folding or not. It may look really good.

26. If you squint and can imagine a little rear reshaping it might sorta kinda have a shape close to this
    1E128ACF-5414-485B-AF05-6975B6E6894B.png

Too bad some of these guys will be disappointed it won’t be turned into a dozen Civics

Clay Belt and LBCD like this.
  27. Well, since you've made a decision, I'll have to admit there are some neat possibilities. (I know wrong year but same idea)
    maxresdefault.jpg

Clay Belt likes this.
  28. Would be nice kinda like putting your beer goggles on or maybe whiskey

46international likes this.