Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What would you do with this 37 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VonKool13, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

Seems like most people hate it but I think I see potential. A Bonneville car would be the best choice I think but in a close second is a radical custom. It wont be traditional really, but with the right wheels and some cleaning up,bumpers, grill and some metal movement here and there it'd be a damn unique car.

2. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

Looked like a pro mod before I put on my glasses. Might be the only alternative to becoming a bunch of sardine cans......

3. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

I'm going to guess it may have started out as a 2 door slantback, not a coupe.

The dash and fenders have to be worth the $500 you paid!!

It would make a killer bonneville car, or a sinster "Dick Tracy" style custom as one poster mentioned! A traditional custom it isn't, or will be.

4. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Plenty of frames out there. All passenger cars from 35 - 40 had the same frame with slight variations in front crossmembers on the later years.

5. I haven't rread all the responses but here are my thoughts.

The tail is doable with a lot of clean up. But I have also seen then with the fenders sticking out the back and the stockish pan and like that look real well. I think the rear is doable either way.

The door tops need some work, they just don't look right with the rest of the car, I would radius the corners of the doors and make them blen in a little better.

That nose needs some real work, I would lean toward a packard grill and loose the foil for damned sure. I am not sure about the headlights. They need some work that just don't blend well, mayb look for a later model light with a thighter bezzel, '40s may work well.

The car is going to be work but what do you expect for something less than a grand, mostly get it cleaned up and undo some of the other builders mess. Make it a true traditional custom and not an abortion.

6. 327Eric

327Eric

1930's comic book type car. Over the top art deco look with a waterfall grille, flowing lines, could be sweet.

7. change the grill ,fix it drive it

8. koolkemp

koolkemp

I see lots there to work with in regards to making a radical early style custom ,have fun I sure would if it were mine to play with!!

9. spiders web

spiders web

Put it in your yard and let it talk to you for a while. I think there is coolness their and it just has to convince you. I'd buy it!!!!!!!!!!

10. Drivinford

Drivinford

Damb. Keep us posted on progress

11. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Build it as a phantom post-WWII American weirdster in the Tucker/Davis/Beech Plainsman/Gordon Diamond mould. Make it mid-engined, using a WWII-era engine on a modern transverse transaxle - hence the "beak" in lieu of a grille. Run the radiator at the extreme rear, with a drawer-knob grille over it.

Here's a concept for a Tucker sports car, for inspiration:
    [​IMG]

12. tjmercury

tjmercury

Looks like the start to a Bonneville car to me

13. WillyKJr

WillyKJr
    from Blackstone

No idea how good you are but the upside is that you will be better at everything once you are done reviving this beauty. Lots and lots of potential and the best part is that you absolutely can not screw it up any worse than it already is. I like the early, waterfall grill, lengthened rear valance, skirts, low-long look it is already "trying" to be. A Carlori coupe vibe is what I'm seeing.

14. dart165

dart165

More than a little elbow grease and a million hours of massaging... but i can see it :)

[​IMG]

15. VonKool13

VonKool13

Bitchin designs. But I never bought it, instead someone got it for 200 bux. I hope they see this thread and are inspired not to build a rat sled.

16. carmuts

carmuts

By removing the splitter and changing the grille the front is fixable .Cut the body right behind the door and start over. Rod

17. kennkat

kennkat

Street "AA/FC" from Hell!!!:D:D:D:D

18. kennkat

kennkat

Early Hemi, Blown... Air lift body... 2 seater..... Ok I am sick.:eek::eek::eek: