Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What would you do with this 37 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VonKool13, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Put it in the yard and put flowers in it! Yard art..BACK yard art!

2. No offense, but ya 'all are long on advice and short on ideas... Nothin personal... Anything can be saved, some is just harder to see what to do with than others... Then there is some that just needs to be donor iron for something else... As for me I will be drawing - I will post what I come up with tomorrow or Wed.

3. Bury it with a shovel, then bury the shovel.

I can't envision anything out of that.
    Too much wrong has happened.

4. weps

weps
    from auburn,IN

I think it is kind of neat. 1st thing "I" would do is try to lay back the nose a bit. The builder tried to make it low and 'swoopy' (is that a word?) and then put a torpedo level on the nose and set it up 90* which REALLY sticks out to me. It IS a Fat fendered car, use that to its' advantage.
    For a grand, if it is solid, and has a decent frame, why not? I have seen rotted roadster projects sell for more than that.

It does need a trunk lid, IDK if they were trying for a rumble seat or what.fill that, and try something like a 38 chrysler... (may not be flat enough at the end)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  5. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

How come Geo Burris (spel) isn't claiming this gem?

6. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Is there another Mad Max film in the works? It would be a very cool rail car. Gary

Attached Files:

7. chevydave1965

chevydave1965
    from Iowa

Well the dash looks ok..............................................Was that $50 ??

8. fleet-master

fleet-master

kinda looks to have a bit of potential to me...would depend on your skill level and what equipment you have to hand.
    Why not post your pics on the Fri Art Show thread and see if anyone can help. I immediately thought of GaryC or Spoggie ,but theres plenty of creative minds hanging around here.
    Me...I'd try for a radical 60's style custom along the lines of the El Matador...but it would be a pile o' work for sure!!
    If you like it, go for it!!

9. fleet-master

fleet-master

This car from Dave Tucci's shop may give you some ideas Von Kool...I could see that coupe with a laid back 35 grille in it and a rear end along these lines... my .02 :)

(images from google)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  10. I vote gangster car! Looks like something out of dick Tracy.

Go all black with the wheel/tire combo in your avatar.

No tommy gun? Get one. Don't smoke cigars? Start. New York accent... Learn it

11. wallyringo

wallyringo

whats going on with the frame, brakes and drive train? maybe you can sell that Frankenstein body?

12. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

Graft on a zephyr decklid and a 38 standard grille.

13. Fugly Too

Fugly Too

I was in the can.......thinking:D

Then I figgered I should stick to my original task.........:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

14. VonKool13

VonKool13

Its fugly but he only want 500 for it. I would jump on it if it wasnt sectioned so heavily. So I wanna see some inspiration...

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

15. friggin"A"

friggin"A"

this!

16. So far just in primer... :D

[​IMG]

-Dave

17. VonKool13

VonKool13

That is so fn rad!!

18. ev88f

ev88f

Lose the front, get a grill tilt it back a few degrees. Fix the roof and maybe piecut the back and you'd have something that looked pretty cool.

19. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

I agree it has been butchered at best. I do see some potential. Westguard style grill, rear fender skirts. It could have an art deco feel, just a long way from there as it is.

20. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

21. You could probably get $250 at the crusher. Offer the owner $125 and haul to the crusher. Towing expenses and draining liquids cost could be about $300.00. This would not be a money maker.

Tell the owner you will haul it to the crusher for $300.00. This would probably be a break even if you do not value your time.

These options are all cheaper than trying to make it a custom or salt racer.

You could also donate it to a custom or hot rod school for students to work on because they do not have a project and they could place next to a stock 37 Ford and they could see how good looking a stock Ford looks compared to most customs. They may change their major and stay home and watch the View.

22. bartender

bartender
    from New Mexico

Drive it backwards to kill the zombies.

23. oldiron73

oldiron73
    from WISCONSIN

Yard art and my shop!
    Less mowing then.......

24. VonKool13

VonKool13

Lets see a front view with maybe a LaSalle grill or the stock 37 grill.

25. ems customer service

ems customer service

it looks like someone tried to copy some the high end european cars in the late 40's

26. O.Hove

O.Hove
    Member Emeritus
    from S.D.

I like it.
    See what you can do with it,and show all the naysayers

27. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Lacks a certain... uhh... grace; but could someone Photoshop in a Jaguar XK 120 hood and grille and put back the stock '37 headlights for a start?

28. Squablow

Squablow

I'd be all over that for $500. My photoshop skills aren't much but I see potential there for a radical custom.

Maybe get the center of a '46 Packard grille, to replace that horrible beak and chin pan. It needs to be something not too tall and not too wide. Skirts yes, reshaped trunk opening or no trunk at all. '37 headlights back on yes. Lower in the back than the front.

The workmanship is pretty rough so that would take some time, but there is potential. Some people just don't have any vision.

29. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

For $500 I'd pick it up. If you can't come up with a salvageable plan, the fenders and dash should more than get your $$ back.

30. VonKool13

VonKool13

My thoughts exactly. I would have to get a chassis for it to. Either factory from a moredoor or humpback cheap enough, or something modern like s10 or explorer. Anyone know what chassis fits under a 37, assumimg the wheel base hasnt changed?