Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects What Would You Change?Give Me Some of Your Thoughts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FunnyCar65, Sep 22, 2013.

1. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

My Dad gave me this little model A it has good bones but I'm not really digging the look.My thought are:loose the radial wide whites and moon caps for chome reverse and white wall cheaters, change the gas tank to a oval Ford T style.What are your thoughts?

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      235 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      234.9 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      237.4 KB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      235.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

Sorry to be blunt, but you asked:

UNpaint it.

If u can't change the neon, then ¿maybe¿tone it down? metalflake or something drastic to take it back a couple decades??¿¿

3. Only change the color,,nothing else...

4. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

loose the green & the wheel discs then shorten the wheelbase by 2'.....

5. DRD57

DRD57

I'd change the color for sure.

Move the headlights down.

Put some headers on it.

Multiple carb intake.

I'd also shorten up the front end. I don't like the axle that far ahead of the radiator.

6. yeah, color is pretty bad, sorry but you asked. And definitely lose the wheel disk s. other than that it looks like a pretty cool car.

7. wearymicrobe

wearymicrobe
    from San Diego

Shorten the Chassis up, pull the body a bit forward. No hubcaps, chop the windshield. Black out the frame and a different color. Different tank.

You asked.

8. Wheels and tires really make or break a car, So I think you are on the right track there.

The grille looks funky scaled down that much and I think a track nose would look better to eat up some of the space from the perch the radiator.

The green is "TOO GREEN" to be have that much area covered in an almost monochromatic scheme.

9. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

yeah the green will down the road,I'm leaning towards a late 50's early 60's vibe with more chrome and polish on the 270 multi carb intake for sure.

10. BillWallace

BillWallace

paint it black & never look back!

11. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

sell it and buy Mopar parts.

too much to do to this car to make it cool...let the next guy do it his way

12. You ask,,the color is terrible,:eek:,blow it apart and paint it.

Black would look traditional,,heck even yellow would be a big improvement. HRP

13. Green is loud. But dad gave you this did he build it. How will he take you changing it up?

14. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I would put more carbs on it.
    Think that would make the green less of a attraction.
    Is the green something special ?

15. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

brother bought unfinished and got it this far dad traded him for and gave it to me

16. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

could just tone it down with some scallops or something in a secondary color on body and headlites.

17. ATX

ATX
    from Austin, TX

unless you want to make major changes, I suggest chopping existing windshield frame or building a custom chopped frame, wheels and tires, and headers.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

18. So your dad won't be hurt if you hate the green, your brother might be butt hurt though...

Maybe someone can photoshop a quicky color change.

19. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

I hate the headlites makes it look like someone shoved ice cubes up a frogs ass

20. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

from the front

Attached Files:

• 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      231.8 KB
      Views:
    • 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      243.7 KB
      Views:
  21. If it were me, I would start with changing the color of the chassis, at least.

The green on the body could be broken up with some scallops, or the like.

Having the body and frame the same, bright color is killing the whole vibe for me personally.

Then, wheels, tires and exhaust.

Once those are done revisit the car as a whole once more, but it should be WAY more palatable at that point.

That's my nickels worth of free advice! ;)

22. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Man, what era was that color in style? You could try painting the frame, brakes, radiator shell. headlight buckets etc. black, and some black scallops and then see how the rest of the green looks but it may be a loosing battle.

Edit: beat me too it! ^

23. Babyearl

Babyearl

Shorten the wheelbase in the front,,to much distance between the engine and front axle,, also make sure the akerman is correct on the steering (tierod out front is a nono if the akerman is not corrected)

my 2 cents spent.

24. Looks like a alien,,chop off the antennas with the eyeballs attached and mount them low. HRP

25. Kinky6

Kinky6

No kidding! Aside from Apple green wheels on some stock restored Model A's, I can't figure out how people started painting hot rods in that sort of green.

"Well, we can't use red, cause that's been done, maybe monster puke green would be cool!" :rolleyes:

Overall, I think this cars' got some potential. Some have said "shorten it!" What is the wheelbase? It doesn't look the most important thing to change, but it could be shortened some. Generally, back-date it; all black, or black frame w/ red or maybe tan body & grille. Wheel & tire change, '40's Ford solids for early '50's, Chrome reverse or early style mags for late '50's. Lower/pull in the headlights, like your idea for oval gas tank in back. Engine looks good, look out for any hardware that looks too new.

Later, Kinky6 :cool:

26. Kamp

Kamp
    from Peoria, IL

Wheels and tires make a huge difference... I think the long length could be OK with bonneville style or dragster style wheels. The green, while pretty bright, would be WAY better if the frame, brakes, windshield frame, etc was black.

p.s. I think it would be pretty cool with a few well planned changes.

27. chromeazone

chromeazone

I like it! Go with some big Gold Flames and keep the Moon Covers!
    Call it the Liberace Tee !
    (Or The Green Latrine !)

28. My initial thoughts are...repaint it something else. Put skinny wires with blackwalls on the front and wide mags with blackwalls on the back. Put some chrome on it like windshield frame, headlights and other places to add contrast. Get a short pickup bed for it.

29. Keep

Keep

Well the color has been discussed.

As for the wheelbase put a bed on it, that will even it out.

Whats under the moon discs?

The headlight mounts more then the placement, the mounts just look odd.

Post a side shot over in the photoshop thread and have them go to town on it.

30. Front on, it looks like a bug. A little cuttin and shuttin should sort that. I like your wheel tire idea. As for paint, id go black n flamed. That will be a cool little rod with a few changes.