Register now to get rid of these ads!

what would this car be worth???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KarBabe, Aug 4, 2009.

1. KarBabe

KarBabe

it is a 53 buick roadmaster i don't know about the motor but its still in fairly good condition.

Attached Files:

2. KarBabe

KarBabe

this is the only pic i have of the car right now.

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

$45 by that photo if this was 1965.

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

How much is missing from the bottom of the rockers in your definition of "fairly good"?:rolleyes:

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Offer as much as you can afford. If he says NO then it's worth more to him than your offer. Simple, no?:eek::D After that forget it and get on with your life. Simple, no?

Frank

6. manyolcars

manyolcars

There was a shiney black one like that here years ago.
    It was traded in on a honda motorbike and ran good, looked good.
    No one offered to buy it and it sat there until the minority children broke all the glass out and slashed the tires.
    Finally it was dragged off for scrap.

See how nice everyone is being to you since you are a *GURL*?
    (There is NO ANSWER to the question, "What is it worth?")

7. DrJ

DrJ

If the current owner will drive you around the block in it and it stops with it's own brakes it's worth about $1,000.00.
    If it "ran when parked" about $400.00±
    Or whatever the front sheet metal, grill, bumper and desirable for customizing headlights are going for these days.

It's got too many doors to be "cool" so it's forever going to be just "A nice old car".

8. 62rebel

62rebel

the best way to find out is to stand by it with a for sale sign. when folks ask you how much you want for it, you ask them what they'll pay for it. of course, you might get some heat from the actual owner....

offer a $1000 if it can be driven away. just my 2c worth. oh and ONLY if it has a clear open title. NEVER buy a car without a matching title. trust me.

9. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

As already said, 1k if it runs and drives and the brakes work.

10. Old Cars Price Guide Magazine

Kelly Blue Book (they have one for old cars)

eBay auctions

Hemmings Motor News ads

Etc. etc. etc. etc. -

11. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

if the floors are bad, $500.
    Its a pain in the ass to do floors in somthing that big. I know, cause i just finished a 51 4-door

12. Its worth as much money as you are willing to sink into it to finish it. buying a cheap rusted out turd because you dont have many green backs doesent make sense because it will take 3 times the money and time to fix than buying something a little nicer that will take less work so in the end it will cost you more to but the rusted turd. mfrom the pic it looks like a 4 door. a couple of the ports are missing it looks like its been sitting in water. If the floors and rockers are solid and the motor is there 1500 its the motor is gone as well as the floors and rockers 3-500