Register now to get rid of these ads!

What will mix with Varsol?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ronzmtrwrx, Jul 9, 2013.

1. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

Man I hate to beat a dead horse, but I read through all the threads I could find about cleaning solvents. I have an old Graymills parts washer cabinet and years ago I had a full 55 gal drum of Varsol. I have used it up and now my cabinet is just below the add line. My question is this: Can I add mineral spirits to the Varsol that is in there now to bring the level back up past the minimum. I don't want to burn the pump up, as this is a great old parts washer. Thanks for any help. Ron

2. stimpy

stimpy

man a name I haven't heard for a few years ( almost 20) , I used to work for Exxon ( transportation) , its nothing more than dewaxed and desulphured kerosene ( jet fuel "A" with a flash inhibitor ) mineral spirits would be a good replacement , Exxon still sells Varsol so see if you have a distributor in your area . when I hauled it they had it in 5 , 15 , 55 gallon drums

3. banginona40

banginona40

What about diesel fuel?

4. Gene Boul

Gene Boul

Varsol is mineral spirits. Make sure it is clear and not the milky white version sold by WalMart as Environmentally conscious. It may be but it doesn't clean worth a shit! g<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

5. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

Thanks El Rat. I'll make a trip by the lumber yard and pick up five gallons if they have it and give it a shot.

6. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

----------------
    Diesel fuel stinks....literally.

Mart3406
    ================