Register now to get rid of these ads!

What was your High school ride.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hank37, Dec 6, 2008.

1. dmw56

dmw56

1950 Studebaker Champion. My father bought his car in 1969 for $50. I drove it to high school in 1972 to 1972 and up to 1982 when it was parked. This is my first car and current project. Plans are to keep the body pretty much stock but upgrade/date the drive train and interior.
    [​IMG]
    406 Chevy Small Block
    [​IMG]
    Fatman front sub with Mustang II suspension.
    [​IMG]
    Interior has leather Trailblazer seats and console with AC.
    [​IMG]

2. dmw56

dmw56

I used to go to Baylands then! :)

3. Rex Schimmer

Rex Schimmer
    from Fulton, CA

I had a 53 Ford Victoria hardtop. Dropped spindles and de arched springs, Castilian Red paint and a "Mustang" flat motor. Put lots of miles on this rig back in the earlie 60s in and around Grand Island, Nebraska.

Rex

Attached Files:

4. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

So many years ago, but I'll do it. This happened in the 50s...the late 50s. When 15, a high school freshman (no, not a licensed driver) I had a 1947 Austin A40. Next year I had a Triumph TR-3 cause my mother went to buy a Buick, saw this little powder blue roadster in the showroom and fell in love. She quickly found out that she couldn't drive it with heels or, more importantly, a skirt. She gave it to me and went and got herself the Estate Wagon. That TR-3 was mine until my army days.
    Damn, I miss those days. No major cares except who to take to the drive-in. And would it pay off. Ah, well.

5. 64Olds

64Olds

im also still in highschool, my everyday driver is a stupid 1989 cutlass ciera, haha, my ride is my 64 olds starfire still in progress

6. lawman

lawman

Had a 59 Chevrolet "Drop top" slamed down with a tube grill , 59 Plymouth pointers and later Astro chrome wheels!!

7. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Here's a few of them. I had a '57 Chevrolet truck that I really loved too. I don't have any pictures of it because some asshole stole it before I got it done. The '69 Corvette was a 427-435 4-speed, Vega was a tunnel rammed '69 302 (Chevy) w/ Liberty 4-speed, '70 Monte was a 12,000 mile stocker that was like new. They are all gone now. The Vette is now for sale again, $65,000... Wish I still had it.

Kevin

Attached Files:

8. blownplymouthrat

blownplymouthrat
    from florida

plum crazy purple 74 cuda. wish i had it now.

9. 70-71ish. Paid $20, and rebuilt the motor for $107 in Auto Shop

[​IMG]

10. superbeeme

superbeeme
    from georgia

I started resto on a 64' f100 with a 302 boss, I gave that up for a 1971 super beetle that ran. Then I bought a 1977 Harley Davidson sportster, that I still have today.

11. dengirl

dengirl

My ride to high school in 76 was a Model A streetrod. My father builds streetrods so i had my pick. It was cool driving around with my girlfriends.
    But I had to learn how it worked before i could drive it.
    I think that is why i don't drive a new car today. Can't fix them.

12. In hi school I had a 65 mustang fastback 289 3spd then a 69 mach1 fastback 390 auto , then a 70 Monte factory BB 4spd car with fender skirts . I still have the Monte .

13. bobbyd08

bobbyd08
    from md

A '56 Austin Healey in 1960. Traded it even up for a '58 Impala after high school.I'd love to have either one back...........................Bobbyd

14. kjohnson

kjohnson

I had a 70 Cougar in high school that I was fixing up. I had alot of time rapped up in that car and on xmas eve a bastard in my class rear ended it while it was parked in front of the house. I never took a pic after it got hit bacause I didn't wanted to remember what it looked like after that. Then I bought a tempo:mad:

15. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

Mine is a 1978 Ford F150 painted big-bad-orange with a cammed-up 351 Modified and C6 trans.

Attached Files:

16. bwj

bwj
    from michigan

1981 cutlass

17. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

18. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

my high school ride was cyndi

oh yeah...she had a 50 ford

19. A red '66 Mustang coupe. 3 spd 2 barrel 289 with 3:50 gears. Bought it in 1971.
    Great first car.
    Before that it was a looong yellow limo wit lotsa windows:D

20. Not this very same car, but a green one otherwise identical to it - a 1952 Plymouth Cranbrook sedan that I paid ten bucks for in 1972 (I wasn't close to driving age yet, but I drove it home!!!). This was also my first engine swap, since the number six slug was sitting in the bottom of the pan, along with the remains of the rod! Still ran good with five working pistons! My second car (also just ten bucks!) was another '52 that I pulled the engine from (ran great, no interior, looked like hell!) and got my first one running.

[​IMG]

So far as what I had the day I got my license, that was a '66 VW Type III fastback, like this, but wayyyyyy nicer, and it was white with a red interior. First engine I'd ever blown up. And I liked that car, too!:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  21. wrenchrocket

wrenchrocket

1988 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 Flowmaster made it sound a hell of allot faster than it was but it was mine

22. A 76 VW bus (orange with white top) with a camping mattress in the back:D

23. pila38

pila38

My pops threw me the keys to his '38 sedan (pics comin soon in the profile) the day before I took my driving test. Let me drive it to school my senior year. Got suspended from driving to school with it for "speeding on school property" and then rearended another dude a month later. That may have been the saddest day of my life, luckily we got it fixed up and it served as my first drag car and the chariot to both my wedding and my sister's.

24. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

The '63 Buick... and a 1990 Honda Civic.

Hey, that's life.

25. 72 VW Super beetle & 78 Pontiac Phoenix. How could I forget!

26. C/Gas55

C/Gas55

1969 Chevrolet CST10 shortbed fleet. 327, fuelie heads, 3 speed and 4:56 posi. Damn that truck was fun!!!!

27. my first cart was my avitar / 56 chevy 4door wagon. Oldest car in the high school parking lot. I still have the high school parking permit in the rear window 20 years later......

28. Del Clark

Del Clark
    from DeLand,FL

Had a 1971 Dodge Truck with a 440 Magnum out of a 69 Super Bee in it,a 1969 Dart GT 340 and a 1967 Impala Coupe.

29. 50 Chevy coupe with fentons split out in front of the rear tires...stock 235 with powerglide....every day rain or shine, snow or sleet on worn out bias plies...KILLER!...Only time i drove my A Cdan to school had 4 cops writing me up...SHIT HAPPENS!

T. Hilton

30. Mr27t

Mr27t

I had e a '62 Chevy II (Nova) 4 door, Ya I know, they didn't call it a Nova until late '63 and it had too many doors.

It had a 194 c.u. inline 6 backed by a three on the tree. It ran okay but I just could not leave it alone so I called Clifford's Research 6=8 for some goodies. Clifford's Research probably don't even exist anymore.

Anyway... following there directives, I removed the head and cut the head bolt bosses out from inside the three intake runners and milled the bottoms of the ports to accept short cap head bolts. I welded the hole remaining in the top of the port and polished them intake runners up nice and clean. I then installed a 4 bbl. intake with a 450 CFM Holley and a hot a$$ solid lifter cam with big block Chevy rockers for some additional rocker ratio. I let it breath through a set of split exaust headers 3 into 1 (x2). I also ran a stock HEI ignition with the then Accel hot coil and mag. After a couple summers I pulled the engine, bored it .030 and had a 250 crank cut to fill the bottom end turning it into a 225 c.u. engine. I also lightened the flywheel and I scored straight cut cam gears from CR 6=8.

It ran AWESOME and I blew the doors off many non-suspecting hot V-8's. The three on the tree was later replaced with a Saginaw 4 speed four on the floor and I replaced the diff with a posi 3.73 gears.

By 1985 I was driving to the drags on the weekends and turning respectable times... mid to low 12's

I joined the military in late 1985 and the car sat behind the hen house until my brother got his drivers license. He pull it out of the weeds and aired up the tires.

Either he could not handle the car or control his hormones, anyway... it was not long before he balled it up on the highway.

I loved that car!!!