Register now to get rid of these ads!

History What us trad rodders were doing in the 70's...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by badshifter, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Think "statute of limitations". Lol

2. Looks like the meter maid has marked the front tire .... just a matter of time.

3. If that guy on the door is inside you may be in for the time of your life, or not. :eek: He looks like that weird uncle that always shows up to family reunions.

Thanks

I guess small paul gets the props, I'll bet he never ment for this pic to go international.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

You notice how I'm always nice to him??:eek::D

5. Actually I am like a Banty (was back in the '70s as well), now I am getting a little long in the tooth, I am thinking that maybe I may have to scale it back a bit. :D

6. Larry T

Larry T

Naw, I've always been average sized for me. :)
    Larry T

7. rick finch

rick finch

8. Larry T

Larry T

9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

A while back some guy called me "baldy". I had to laugh, kinda reminded me that I am getting a little old for that kind of stuff.:eek:

10. flathead okie

flathead okie

Thanks Lurker.......great times for me

11. Lurker McGurk

Lurker McGurk
    BANNED
    from next door

It was strange times for me, but I was having Fun! I grew up on Country, couldn't get into the rock music. Had a need for speed, both Detroit factory, and pharmaceutical. Ha! Speed and Weed! But there was no shortage of chicks that dug the same thing!

12. Lurker McGurk

Lurker McGurk
    BANNED
    from next door

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8ecE1UML1q8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. [​IMG]

14. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aEIAXewOPSo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Didnt that Akai have a slide in on the side for a eigth-track? ... my favorite sound system back then.

16. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Oh hell yeah! The first major concert I saw was at the Norfolk Scope in Virginia in 1974. The Electric Light Orchestra opened up for Deep Purple and both bands put on a killer show! I wasn't too sure about David Coverdale taking over from Ian Gillian but this concert sold me! Burn and Stormbringer remain two of my favorite albums!

17. touring20

touring20

I remember standing on the passenger side door of my shackled up econoline van desperately spinning the wheel to keep from rolling it ! SHACKLES SUCK ! And I did so want to for get those days !

18. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Good Days, and Good Times!...well, except for that Army obligation,(last of the draftees) but even at that, my permanent duty station was Schofield Barracks Oahu, Hawaii...
    _____

19. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

Manheim Germany for me--Amsterdam on many a payday--had a wild 750 Honda--all over Europe for 2 years

20. 3Kidsnotime

3Kidsnotime
    from Utah

How funny I forgot about the Axle Lights..

21. Parris island, but I wasn't home much, if you catch my drift.

That Akai reel to reel is going to be hard to beat with anything that we posted. I can remember a time or two that those came into play with a small generator and a bon-fire.

22. I have alwasy liked Waylon and Willy and the boys weell enough. But if I had to go outlaw my personal preference was Coe. he had nice wives:D

23. Larry T

Larry T

He played at a club down here a few years ago. Couldn't remember the words to songs he'd written.
    Larry T

24. Willie just played out here at a venue my daughter works at .. she sez the smoke was pouring outta the tour bus!! LOL .... must be Lucas Electric!

25. Larry T

Larry T

About 10 years ago, I went to a Willy Nelson concert. Shaver opened for him. It was great, but long enough that I was thinking about leaving before it finished. Then I thought "Are you nuts, you can't walk out on Willie". :)
    Larry T

26. Anderson

Anderson

Thats it. I'm buying air shocks for my Cutlass.

27. Harms Way

Harms Way

What has 6 teeth, and the IQ of 20 ???????
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V

The front row at a Willie Nelson concert !!!! :D

28. Sonicjagstang

Sonicjagstang
    from IL.

I mentioned in my profile that I have been actively following hot rodding since 1976 but what I didn't mention is that I was only two years old then but trust me when I say anything having to do with cars captured my attention and I immediately began asking questions which led to an early knowledge of all things auto related. Being that my dad had a lifelong fascination with the automobile, he never hesitated to answer me or share stories and things he had learned along the way. So..... the whole 70's thing....... me in 1976.

Attached Files:

• me.jpg
      me.jpg
      File size:
      127.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  29. I paid 15 bucks to watch Willy puke into his guitar once. But I never paid that much for an 8 track and they were OK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.