Register now to get rid of these ads!

What UNUSUAL Sign do you put on your car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TOM KITCHEN, Feb 22, 2009.

1. TOM KITCHEN

TOM KITCHEN

I have been to THOUSANDS of car shows and Car Corrals and have seen some signs that still blow me away! I KNOW about the belt-buckles, strollers, cameras, etc. scratching your paint and the old farts that knock on the fenders with their ring finger and say"thats when they put GOOD metal in 'em!" Do Not Touch is fine for those kind of people, or only touch if you are nude, etc.
    BUT THIS SIGN (below)on a Car For Sale ('40 coupe) complains about his potential buyers!!! WTF?

Attached Files:

2. BinderRod

BinderRod

This is a killer post. Why would you need to put ant sign on your car? Just load it back into the trailer.

3. The funniest sign I ever saw was on a Model "A" sedan. The old man had a sign that said"I call my car the Mayflower because a lot of women came across in the back seat". That was the best that I ever saw.
    Later,
    Dick

4. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

been thinking of making one that says "touch but please don't look"
    to kinda make fun of those "look but please don't touch" signs

5. havi

havi

Not mine, but thought they were good.

Attached Files:

6. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

7. moon man

moon man
    BANNED

Sings..... Long haired hippie people need not apply.

8. hotroddaddy

hotroddaddy
    from jax, fla

I see his point! If you are serious about buying your not gonna waste your own time either, it kinda weeds out the buy/sell bullshit that happens.

9. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

Sign I heard about:
    "32 Fords and teenage pussy are the two most over-rated things in the world today."

10. RQuantz

RQuantz
    from Las Vegas

I remember seeing one at Viva Las Vegas that read, "Is there life after death? Touch my car and you'll find out"

11. ragtop35

ragtop35

On the corner of the windshield of my roadster in small letters:
    "It's not for sale so what's it to ya?"

12. solid

solid

those guys are like that because they dont know jack about cars, and dont want the people they are trying to screw over to find out they dont. there just buyers, and sellers, not true car guys. just turning cars, no soul.

13. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

I LIKE IT! Sounds like he's heard all the same BS most of us have. And is sick of it, as most of us are. Save the bullshit, and whip out your money! Or move on!

14. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

"For Sale or Trade for a medium-sized Carribean island.."

15. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

On my dads 56 his says SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE JUST BECAUSE IT'S AGAINST THE LAW TO KILL THEM

16. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The dude with the first sign is a tool and no matter how bad I wanted to buy his car I wouldn't. There is no reason in the world to be rude to people that want to start up a conversation with you about your car. If you don't like to talk to people you are in the wrong hobby.

I have no signs on Big Olds BUT I did do Hot Rod Mag's Power Tour in 2000 from San Berdoo, CA to Panama City Beach, FL with a large sign on the drivers door of my '47 Chevy convertible which had gonna smashed at the Grand Canyon. The door was smashed, the fender extension, the front frender and part of the hood. Anyway when I got to CA to start the tour one of the guys on the tour, unbeknownst to me, went to Kinkos and made a large 3 foot by 3 foot sign w/large letters that read:

"Boyfriend shopping:
    must be single, over 40,
    and own a bodyshop"

and he duct taped it to the drivers door. I did the whole Power Tour with it on. Everyone got a big kick outta it, the other participates, spectators, vendors and mag stuff. All in good fun.

18. TOM KITCHEN

TOM KITCHEN

To hotrodladycruiser: LOVE your reply, I feel the same way. On one of my "Sleeper" Rat-Rods ('63 Custom with a 428/4sp/289 flags,named "SERTA") I put signs that said "Feel free to touch it, open the doors,hood & trunk; just DON'T START IT as you couldn't handle IT!"

19. h2omonkey

h2omonkey
    from vegas

I've been thinking of doing this sign....

Why are there all of these stupid ass posts on the HAMB?

20. twochops

twochops

This is what what I put on my chopped 57 Buick

Attached Files:

21. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

[​IMG]Back of my truck. Better to get it out of the way and not spring it on them later.

Attached Files:

22. On my '38 Ford pickup, I've got "Feel free to touch, it's just an old work truck, not a show car."

23. Had this 1 for a couple of years.

Yeah,It's for Sale
    How Much U ask?
    If your not serious Over $100,000
    If you are, it's under $99,999

24. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

What a dickhead! I don't particularly care for people wasting my time either, but hearing others stories and reminiscing is one of the best parts of owning old cars for me. Even if it's sometimes inconvenient and you know someone's not seriously interested, it's always entertaining. I bet this schmuck is "all business".... :confused:

25. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Here's mine, even suggests that!
    At the 'last of summer' charity show in the package they gave out there were some "Please do not touch" signs. I got some more from friends and literally plastered them all over the car with hunks of masking tape:eek: That got a lot of laughs....and a few frowns too:D Didn't get a picture of that.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  26. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

To make my opinion of what a car is for, my framed "Rant" sign states at the end,
    HELL YES YOU CAN TOUCH IT, SIT IN IT, YOUR KID CAN SIT IN IT AND BLOW THE HORN, YOUR DOG CAN RIDE IN THE BACK. IT'S JUST A TRUCK.

I have a lot of fun at shows............

My other one for speculators...............

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  27. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I'd like a simple one that reads:

"You can look, touch and even have a ride.... just ask please."

28. 56 Royal Lancer

56 Royal Lancer

Back window of my o/t Olds wagon

Attached Files:

• 013.JPG
      013.JPG
      File size:
      113.4 KB
      Views:
  29. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Maybe the guy in the OP is a tool that doesn't know anything about cars, but he might also be a guy trying to avoid the tools that talk BS.

30. Danger sign on cab stack from England, pub sign below tag translates "Kiss Me Arse." "poke ma hone "

Attached Files: