Register now to get rid of these ads!

What type of rare cars have you had?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by borderboy1971, Dec 28, 2011.

1. ec164

ec164
    from MI

very first car early build date 65 mustang fastback K code but bought minus engine put 351 c 2bbl in for driver later added 4 bbl ran 12.30@115 in 1983, owned twentythree years. Also was 3rd owner of 1970 BOSS 302 orange no shaker car, it would really high end w/3.91 gears, had a 351C cobra jet 1972 XR7 Cougar that rocked, surprised many people with it, had a SS 69 Camaro w/555 bbc ran 9.90s and another 69 RS/Z28 565 bbc that ran 9.32@147 both Camaros ran through mufflers on ET Streets. Had a few Mach 1s, gt torino, 68 firebird 65 fury 2 all got beat two death, put firebird on the dirt track at the end so dumb but fun back then. Al

Also forgot had a real 1970 LS6 minus engine only with OEM 400 turbo Red early build before cowl induction, stumbled on and sold month later for nice gain.

2. Smokey2

Smokey2

BORDER gUY.......First Off I Never consider some of the cars YOU LISTED "as Rare ?".......But Not Knockin' your Fleet.
    Any who !
    Owned 1934 Lincoln Dietrick Bodided Roadster, I think 36 Built
    Had It, Drove IT, Could'nt afford to Restore IT !!!'
    Soooo, I let someone have, That Could .
    Owned 1942 Lincoln Continental Convertible, Rust Free Car ! 136 Built
    Drove hell out of it......You had to "Wind Up " those
    V-12 's to get'em Moving ! It'd do 60 in first gear O>D>
    Owned (Two ) 1934 Ford Phaetons
    First one was basket case, gathered some excellent parts,
    replaced floor "Entire floor w/rocker panels intact. Waited
    waited two yrs for someone to "Lead" all repair work, No
    Bondo ! Had it in shop for 9 months waiting on getting some
    wood replaced, got Tired of it.....Sold it at Hershey.
    Year Later, It was National Early Ford V-8 Club Winner.
    Other One Was "Rust Free" Driver, Enjoyed Tha' Heck outta' It !!!!
    Others included two or three "Woodies, an Excellent, one Owner '48 Buick Convertible with Original Paint, an I replaced the "Origina
    Factory TOP !
    Oh Well, That's stuff gone down another Road, and someone eles got
    to ENJOY............Fun ain't it ?
    :cool: very Cool
    Smok'em IF you got'em.

3. macs67

macs67
    from oregon

55 chevy 210 coupe 3 sp. 6 cyl bought it in abeline, tx & towed a 56 nomad with it back to illinois new years day 1982 with 6" of snow on the ground, true story. on the oklahoma turnpike people passing me were pointing boy i thought i was cool till i said to my girl look back and see if all is ok.....she said the rt. fr. wheel is missing. the fr. end was so out of line it broke the lugs.....walked 1/2 mile to the toll booth and presented my problem to the toll man & asked where the hell do i get parts new years day......he points down the road & says rt. there a junk yard with lots of 5-6-7's ...$45. and a road side alignment with a tape measure i was on my way

4. 1966 Mustang Hardtop, Serial # 5RO7K and the rest I forget now....271 horse 289, top loader 4 speed, stock white hardtop body, only way to tell that is was not your Mother's Mustang was to listen to it, the cam was a solid lifter unit from the factory that you set the valves to .020" hot... so you could hear them clatter....that and the little tiny "High Performance" over the front fender 289 sticker were the only giveaways.. stock hubcaps, basic looking Mustang, made a few bucks with that one from people who didn't notice the little things 8)

5. By "hardtop" do you mean the sedan or fastback? .... a friend had one also, hugger orange shade of orange with descret white rallye stripes at the rockers ... as I recall the air cleaner also said "hypo-289"

6. rld14

rld14

I've had some pretty rare OT stuff but seeing as this is the HAMB...

I suppose my Vauxhall Veloxes are pretty damn rare, especially as they're LHD.

My Lincoln is rare, only 1,353 Premiere coupes made in '60 and mine has factory cruise control which is super rare on any '60 Lincoln.

7. 1965 Sunbeam Tiger

8. lukey

lukey

1966 ford country sedan station wagon with factory Q code 428. Was special order for a state penatentiary to haul convicts. Had all paperwork and prison tags still on it.

-LUKEY-

9. F&J

F&J

The one in my avatar, Late Series 32 Nash 6cyl 2 dr conv sedan. In almost 4 years I have only found one in Argentina and one in Panama. Mine is body number 38.

not a very popular body style in the USA, most of them went to South America, I think.

10. trbomax

trbomax

In 1962 I had a 1962 Pontiac superduty. Cutaway frame,no sealant in the body,aluminum front end and bumpers,421 + 060 with 2x4 on a cold intake. It was the 14th built. Like the dumb ass I was back then,I sold it in 66 to a guy in BG Ohio,he took it apart and sold it to a guy in detroit who died 3 yrs later. It sat for a few years untill she was persuaded to sell it,still in pieces,but about 1/2 done. A couple years ago I get a phone call from a guy in Central Lake , about 20 miles north of me. He bought it from the widow and found me thru the title search. Its been pretty cool seeing the progress,I just hope he gets it done soon,he's told I can take it for a spin when its done!

11. gato
    54 Porsche Speedster (#80067) (1 of 200 built in 54' and 1 of a few surviving)
    54 Corvette
    57 Corvette w/electric windows, PG trans, wonderbar radio & both tops
    53 Auto Union
    67 NSU Sports Prinz
    69 Simca (Common in some countries but a rare POS in the U.S.!!!)
    73 Renault Gordini (Yuk!!!)
    41 Caddillac Limo
    41 Chrysler Windsor Roadster

Hey Barry... did you get the Cabriolet from a guy in Illinois? That looks exactly like the car he wanted to trade me for my 54 Speedster...!

Quote:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> Originally Posted by barry2952 [​IMG]
    Until I bought it, it had spent the last 30 years in Hawaii. Was the other car a '55? That's the only year they were called "Continental".

[​IMG]

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    I can't remember if it was the "Continental" or the name of the guy but he now has the most complete collection of Speedsters in the U.S....!

This wasn't mine... but the same type of car. My Zagato was a light metalic blue with a Black and white interior...<table class="ImageFrame_shadow" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="IMG" colspan="2" rowspan="2">[​IMG] </td><td class="RRT">
    </td></tr><tr><td class="LL" style="HEIGHT: 440px">
    </td><td class="RR" style="HEIGHT: 440px">
    </td></tr><tr><td class="BL">
    </td><td class="BBL">
    </td><td class="BB" style="WIDTH: 591px">
    </td><td class="BR">
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012

12. Just a regular old hardtop, and yes, the chrome air cleaner had an orange sticker that said "289 High Performance" in black letters.
    But on the outside, all you had to ID it was the fender badges, and clattery lifters...

13. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

58 chevy 2 dr wagon- rear seat delete, one piece lift gate side glass
    68 chevelle concourse

14. hmmm

hmmm

Why was the Gordini a "yuk"?? I have never seen a 1973 Gordini. Can you perhaps post pictures please. :confused::confused: Was it a R8 Gordini???

15. My current car, a 1969 Pontiac Custom S is a single year model and, as a convertible
    is one of the 2,379 sold. They came standard with 350Th trans but mine was ordered
    with the 400TH. Kinda cool trivia to me.

[​IMG]

16. 62RagtopNova

62RagtopNova

Somewhat rare a '64 Olds Jetstar 1. God I loved that car what a sleeper.

My girlfriend in HS won a '47 Kaiser Frazer in a radio contest, cruised Whittier blvd in that a few times until we split.

My cousin has a '73 SD455 Trans Am that's been in his garage for 20 years. Only made 180 of the auto trans like this one. He starts it every few months and it runs fine the tires are just shot. It kills me he won't fix it or sell it.

17. flathead okie

flathead okie

18. flathead okie

flathead okie

My dad had Hitlers Mercadese (spl), while in Germany in the late 50's.
    He bought and sold cars to supplament his staff sargents income. (5 kids)
    The locals that worked at the base commasary would spit and say Hilter's auto when they would bring the groceries to the car.
    He traded to another G.I. for a Buick and 100.00.
    In about '73='74 it sold at Leake Auction in Tulsa for something like 250,000.00
    DAD ABOUT SHIT.

19. Actually didn't look too bad but it was plagued with Renault problems that made it less appealing!

Attached Files:

20. 1967 Mustang GT Fastback.
    S code (390)
    4 speed
    Factory Dark Moss Green

Got hurt and sold it to make house payments.

21. ezdusit

ezdusit

A 1966 Imperial convertible. I owned it in 1968-69. What a wonderful tank! I sold it to a couple in Oklahoma City. Lost track of it after that.
    [​IMG]

22. m.ralph

m.ralph

A 1932 Reo Flying Cloud Coupe. One of three.

[​IMG]