Register now to get rid of these ads!

What to see in Flint

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ontario55, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Ontario55

Ontario55

I'm planning to attend Back to the Bricks and Woodward.
    Are there any car museums or hot rod shops to tour between Pt Huron and Flint ?
    Looking to spend Thurs aft prior to the night cruise on Saginaw St in Flint
    Went to the Sloan Museum last year
    Thanks

2. 48 Indian Rag

48 Indian Rag
    from conn

Stop in at the Frankenmuth Brewery been there since 1862 the place is historical and the beer's cold. When you did the Sloan museum did you do the Buick gallery?

3. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

4. Bearcat_V8

Bearcat_V8
    from Dexter, MI

Flint,...Michigan? Nothing to see there. At one time there were about 30 GM plants... AC Rochester, AC Delco, Fisher Body, Buick, etc. Almost all of them have been knocked down and the ground scraped clean. I don't think there is even a car museum worth mentioning there.
    Now if you were to drive an hour south to Detroit, Dearborn or even Ypsilanti, I could suggest a few things to see.

5. Swifster

Swifster

Skip Flint. Go to the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village. You can also tour the Rouge plant from there.

6. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Gimme a holler. I live less than a mile from the main drag for BTTB. The Buick gallery is killer. Sloan Museum is worth the $$. BTTB week is always fun.

7. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Any if you guys responding ever been here? Yes, Flint has its dangerous parts. But it also has a really nice downtown area and those who care about the city and the history made here make it known that Flint does have good qualities.

8. gritybyte

gritybyte

The buick museum is good

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. gritybyte

gritybyte

People only have negative things to say about but I grew up in flint and live just outside now and it's come a long way, people are just pussies

10. BOBCRMAN

BOBCRMAN
    from Holly

Yup! If ya like gettin shot at and your stuff carjacked. It's the place. Six deaths in five days last month..

Lots of cruise action in the surrounding towns tho. Action every night. Holly has a good cruise on Wed nights. Davison on the weekends.

Halo burger and the Flushing A&W also have good weekend shows..

11. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

flatheadpete will take care of ya. Good man.

12. Bearcat_V8

Bearcat_V8
    from Dexter, MI

I guess, I should add, there is some pretty serious street racing at 3am on the weekends. Though, I don't recommend driving around Flint at the wee hours looking for the races.

13. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Doesn't make ya a "pussy" to not wanna be a crime victim. There is a lot of crime in Flint...but mostly late at night and only in certain areas.

14. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I475 between Atherton Rd and Court St is where the racing happens. There are some serious fast cars here. I personally stay away from that scene. One bad apple.....you know the rest.

15. Sic em Pete....don't go looking for trouble and chances are ya wont find any! It's pretty easy to spot a " bad area" if you see lots of graffiti, trash, shitbox houses.....turn around. Get a Big Johns steak and cheese and try to imagine a better area where people had good jobs and a middle class.. That was Flint...all of us in this area take shit because of where we are from.. It's home....that simple. When I travel and get asked where ya from I proudly say Detroit, I then remind them of what folks here did for this country. It must not be too bad 2 friends just sold their homes to foreign investment company's from England. Buy cheap, toss out the undesirables, boom....make a profit. Look at Brooklyn, big money there now.

16. gritybyte

gritybyte

Don't hang out in the shitty neighborhoods and don't hang out with shady people

17. Ontario55

Ontario55

2 yrs ago we did the Sloan Museum
    Did the Museum and then walked approx 1/4 mile to another building
    I also took in Henry Ford Museum while there

18. 61 Fairlane

61 Fairlane

I actually thought the Buick Museum was better than the Sloan. Smaller but better

19. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Back to the Bricks fires up tomorrow with a free (FREE!) movie at the old US23 drive-in on Fenton Rd. They're showing Grease this year. Always a pcked lot with tons of hot rods. I gaurantee the old Shoebox Ford won't stop all week. Gonna be fun!!

20. Dan Timberlake

Dan Timberlake

When I was going to GMI (in Flint) in 68/69 we were watching Rowan and Martin's "Laugh in" on a TV in one of the common areas in a dorm and they mentioned Flint Michigan. I think they just mentioned the city and were not making a joke, don't recall what they said, but a bunch of us students started whooping it up and called friends back home to see if they had seen when they mentioned "us."

I get kind of emotional and pretty nostalgic about Flint.

21. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

I always thought BTTBs was a much better event than Woodward. At least I could get my car parked close to it. Woodward seems to be one big traffic jam anymore. I did both one year & had waaay more fun in Flint.