Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What to put under my 32 fenders?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty rocket, May 5, 2014.

1. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

What have you guys used under the fenders on 20s/ 30s cars? Getting my fenders primed right now and was wondering what product to use so you dont get chips from rocks being thrown from the tires. My painter does alot of 60s era cars and says the product hes used stays soft and I dont know if I like that idea.

2. Can't go wrong with Bedliner. The new 3M product works very well when sprayed with the Accuspray BPS Gun. It's paintable and can be sprayed to a minimal texture. Go to 3Mcollision.com for info

3. Used Rhino Liner under the fenders of a couple of cars for other people,,seems to address the staring on fenders. HRP

4. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Ive heard about rhino line. is it paintable?

5. Running bed liner under my fenders. Wouldn't run fenders without it.

6. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Most reputable refinish paint supply shops can mix up rock guard material. Sometime they can match color or you can paint over it. I have used it a few times. Be careful to not add too much film because it can add weight to the fender pretty quickly.

7. racemad55

racemad55

Spray on bedliner on mine,rattle can stuff.

8. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Gator guard is a great inexpensive/ user friendly product.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. rexrogers

rexrogers

Our painter uses a rock guard that is tinted the same as the body, we have one 3 window that we finished up without it and there were some noticeable star chips with in 4,000 miles. We repainted the fenders and sprayed chip guard on the under side and 80,000 miles on the car now and the fender look great a few stone chips on top from general use but no marks from the rocks being kicked up.

10. Markgyver

Markgyver

Raptor Liner you can tint it to match.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. indyjps

indyjps

Chck out rattleguard bedliner, they sell thru ebay. Don't let that scare you off, I've shot it in multiple trucks. Reason I'm suggesting this product is you mix in the amount of solid "grit" material you want, you determine the texture. Rattleguard will tint to match. I also like raptor products, you ca get a finer texture by adjusting your air pressure, I plan on using raptor gravitex on the underside on my current project, finer texture than bedliner, just cause I bought 6 qts from a body shop closing. All the raptor stuff is available thr tcpglobal.com

12. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Great info guys Thank You.

13. 29moonshine

29moonshine

i use 3m rubber under coating you can paint over it to match

14. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Used 3M Body Schutz on my 3 window and delivery.