Register now to get rid of these ads!

What To Name a Future HotRodder????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GearHead614, Jan 2, 2010.

1. There is a man here that his mother named Judge so he would have an aire of importance when he grew up.I also know a man named Major but it never got him anywhere in the military.But, thats kinda off the topic though.

2. 1963nova

1963nova
    BANNED
    from ohio

56 Don , you named your son ((( and I just scrolled back up to make sure it was a SON you named him Perseval Faith ? that boy will hate you someday ... this is a case where a man needs to grab his Nads and be a man and say HELL NO

3. Bo...Luke..or Daisy...

4. This is what I was thinking too.

5. storm king

storm king

Stupid, stupid, stupid. A good name is something you earn with character, not something "cool" you try to hang on your kid. There's not one person in your family that you have ever looked up to that you would honor with their name?

6. nefareous

nefareous
    from maryland

7. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

Thats what i was thinking, This is your OFFSPRING !!

You name your Children with a Name you & your Wife think of TOGETHER, Be it your own thoughts or named after someone in the Family or someone you admire ... ETC ETC ......

To come on a Forumn like the HAMB and ask every one to help you figure out a CAR NAME for your kid is just Fucking LAME.

There is always a Kid in School who catches SHIT DAILY, You want that to Your Kid ??

Re Think this Man, Get with your Wife & agree on a name that fits your Family .... Not the HAMB !!!!!!!

8. Nitcat

Nitcat

Plus 3 for Lincoln, you can call him Hot Rod

9. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

I doubt very seriously he is relying on the HAMB to name his child. When my wife and I were trying to come up with a name for our son we tried the book thing/computer search and that went nowhere. Didn't like any of our family names.So what if he's asking for a little help? Might consider it a bit of an honor that he even asked for our opinions.

10. mustangsix

mustangsix

My parents gave me a stupid nickname as my given name. It handicapped me my whole life. :mad:

Give the kid a good, solid name that an adult can use and if you want to call him a nickname, that's fine, but please don't give him a "car hobby" name or anything with "unique" spelling as his given name.

11. We have 3 grandchildren,,Hannah,Matthew and Veda.

My daughter had read about the SCTA and dry lakes racing and was taken with the story of Veda Orr and liked the unusual name.

I think Veda is a cool name but predict she will have to spend the rest of her life spelling it,,it's pronounced like Vada,at least that's what I am told.

BTW,,,not only do you have problems with kids giving you greif but I had several head bumps with teachers in school,,,

First day of school each year they ask your name,,,one teacher that comes to mind was Ma Ashley,,a old woman meaner that a rattle snake and just as quick to strike,,,

My given name is Danny,,,but she insisted my name was Daniel and called me that until I brought my birth certificate for her to verify and that was almost 45 years ago.

Nothing wrong with the name Daniel,,,it's just not my name. HRP

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  12. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

Doesn't help you any, but my youngest is Eleanor.

How bout Harley--nothing lilke a tribute to the the iconic designer of most of the memorable cars of the 50's

13. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

For a boy, how about Sue- "How do you do, my name is Sue":D

14. wheelbarrowsgarage

wheelbarrowsgarage
    BANNED
    from Missiry

Uncle Wes??? Didn't know you were on here!
    (This, I am sure is not my uncle, but that is my cousins names!)

15. draggin37

draggin37

Cragar- it was already posted but one of my favorites. I would name my potential son thats due in Aug that if i didn't have a close friend with a little curly red headed son named Cragar already.

As for coming to the Hamb for a little inspiration. Isn't that what we're all here for. Be it our cars or another part of our lives.

I do agree that some car related names are goin a little too far. get a dog if you want to name something Piston or Crank, ect.

I might just highjack the name Kelsey if i have a girl.

good luck with your decision

16. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Sue?

Ahh shit Bigchuck beat me to it

17. No, not really. Just kidding.I take nothing seriously.I named him Angus Bulldog.......

18. Larry Pearsall

Larry Pearsall

I'm a Ford person ,,so Henry,,, I also like Harley as a boy's name...

19. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

Hambone...Hammie for short

20. JOHNNYSCAT

JOHNNYSCAT
    from Kansas

I have a 4yr old name Phellan, u say it like Felon. Kind of funny taking him to drs. they just dont know what to say when hes next. then i have 9 month old named Max Gunner

21. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

That's funny. I wanted to name my fourth and youngest son Cash (boy) or Pressley if he was a girl. My wife agreed to Pressley but refused on Cash and we settled on Cole.

I also have Riley, Dylan and Dion

22. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Rod (as in street rod)
    Rock (as in like a rock)
    Cam( as in Camshaft)
    Crank( As in crankshaft) possible nickname
    Slick (as in drag slick)possible nickname
    Edsel ( Henry ford's son's name)
    Crash - and hope he never does
    Clay- as in clay smith cams
    Chip as in Foose
    Any name and call him Bubba. Every hot rodder knows a bubba.

23. Blue

Blue

24. tfee

tfee

Name him FORD, my wife wouldn't allow me to name my kid Ford but it was tops on my list.

25. selohssa

selohssa

I had this same dilema. My first son is Gage Quintin and my second son is named Mica Cordell. They both have automotive references (Gage is obvious and Mica is the "pearl" in our paint).

26. GearHead614

GearHead614

My wife and i are not relying on the HAMB to name my child but we have looked in the books and have a few we like but i thought maybe you guys would think of something i havent. Thanx for all the help but keep them coming if you got them!!!

27. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

What's wrong with Elmer?

28. eddie1

eddie1

I kinda like Rodney. Of course that is my name.

29. Digger Michael Northcott, or Digger James Northcott.