Register now to get rid of these ads!

What to do.........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jasonic, Jun 19, 2004.

1. Jasonic

Jasonic

So, I am test riding a bike to ship out and I come across a piece of land for sale. I glance over and see a really straight 52-53 Chevy pickup creeping out of a bunch of poison ivy and weeds. I am going to call the realestate agent and try to find out who the owner is, but for some reason - if nothing ever gets clear - should I go put it on a trailer and bring it home or take the chances of someone taking it to the dump? Someone started clearing brush and trash off the land - there were a couple of rear ends and big blocks sitting in a roll off dumpster. I just get totally excited over these finds - what should I do??????????

2. slammed

slammed

If stuff is in the dumpster,take a chance. But the car.......that's your call. But talking/posting is not wise. Do the right thing. Step back and see the whole picture. "Now tell me grasshopper,what do you see?"

3. Put a note on the car,in big writing.
    Then call the real estate weasle.

4. Jasonic

Jasonic

I don't want to do anything illegal or that will drop down tons of bad karma..... But I definately don't want to see this truck get crushed..........

5. Tell 'em you'll "haul it off for free". If they don't know what it is, they usually go for it. Then tell them you need a title to scrap it. If they don't have a title, get one from a service. Simple enough.

6. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

<font color="green">I'm with UNKIE.

Put a note on the truck.

They may be trying to figure out how to get rid of the thing and let you have it as mentioned.

Might not hurt to hang a note on the dumoster as well.

RASHY </font>