Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects what to do with nash metros

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oilslinger53, Jan 2, 2009.

1. BiggMike

BiggMike

I will try to find a pic of the one that is here in Phoenix with the Hemi in it. I is way bitchin.

Mike

2. I actually like the car! I would have painted it stock colors though. Without all the crap!
    Sass,here on the HAMB,has one she is finishing. Think it has a straight six in it.

3. I always thought radius-ing the wheel wells, dropping it low, and keepin the stock look (mostly) would look cool. Then a 1st gen Hemi to top it off. Just for starters...

4. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

The metro caravaned with us to Austin. he hit a "wet" spot in the road and ended up in the guardrail. The car has a warmed uo 351 c motor in it. It's a handful to drive. It is a nice car.

5. Drewski

Drewski

Saw this metro at the Goodguys Nashville show.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Zig Zag Wanderer

Zig Zag Wanderer

crucify me now....but, i have a really sick fantasy of a street-legal Nash Metro on a dwarf-car chassis with a 'Busa motor in it

7. Clark

Clark

I've got one and have some crazy plans for it. I've got a cool drawing coming and I'll reveal the plans then.

The car was suposed to be my wifes and we were going to make a little stationwagon out of it. I just couldn't figure out a good suspension to put under it.
    Clark

8. SANTO_DIABLO

SANTO_DIABLO

9. Tony

Tony

A buddy of mine had one when we were in high school...well, before either of us could drive legally..
    The stock motor was blown, so we transplanted a chevette 4 cyl and 4 speed in it..Made for a fun little "toy"..
    He was into Grand Nationals back then too, and had always wanted to stuff an 86-87 buick turbo 6 in it.
    He had a 87 GN when he did start driving..12sec street car back then (91) so he knew a bit about 'em..
    Luckily we never made that swap....we'd be dead..

10. Hmmmmmm...I can score a Met body for free.Just might go get in the spring!

11. Hemizach

Hemizach

Ahhh nonsense, look at the anglia guys! Cut it up, throw in a supercharged big block, and hold on!

Course, if you wanted something streetable.... it would make a cool little hotrod with a small block and cool carb set-up of somesort...

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  12. old1946truck

old1946truck

I wouldnt care what people think if you have a Nash that it still factory I would drive the shit out of it. I think there pretty cool.

13. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would like to see Jeem put his "spin" on one,I wonder if he's ever done a drawing of one?

14. Alfster

Alfster

This one was built as a promo for the Annual Beach Hop in New Zealand.

Attached Files:

• nash.jpg
      nash.jpg
      File size:
      38.6 KB
      Views:
  15. Paint one pink and white, the other baby blue and white, and live happily ever after.

16. Combine the two.

17. hot rod wille

hot rod wille

My wife wants a Metro --she's not really into the car thing,but took a liking to a Metro we saw at a cruise night--anybody got one in So Cal --could be a nice little beach cruiser.

18. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

Swap in a small 4-cylinder or V6 engine and transmission, it'd get pretty decent mileage, be serviceable, and not too slow either.

19. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

I learned how to drive in one of these.My dad had a 1960 red and white with the trunk.Tube type radio and all.Funny thing was when you shifted from 1st to 2nd if you did not get it just right it would get both knuckles jambed on the shifter rods and you would be stuck in second.

Was a fun car to drive.A guy down the street has about 4 of them.A couple convertables too.Everytime I drive by it brings back memories.

There is also a girl I see from time to time with a pink one.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  20. classicfins

classicfins

Here's a cute one...

Attached Files:

21. 972toolmaker

972toolmaker
    from Garland Tx

If you install the raditor on the outside of the cross bracket it gives you room to put in almost anything did a 20r toyota with 5 spd for a customer convertible mertrpolitan ran like a rocket ship

22. Hemizach

Hemizach

ehhhh its ok I, I guess I'll go take a look, Lets see what it's got in it .... :eek:

23. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

when i was in high school these things were all over the place for next to nothin (I had two and pops had 3) I got mine for free, dad got his for $50 (for all three) he got em for the engine bits (seems that the low end or the heads are the same as the MGA) I got em cause I had a 64 stang that was rolled down a bridge and it had a stout 302 in it that was still good (got that car for free too)

I did what any red blooded car guy would and put the two together...never did get it done....sold it first (to build my 460 powered pinto hatch)....no one ever said I was a smart man....that pinto was a hoot to drive though...scared me into sellin it too!

24. tomslik

tomslik

use the top from a 59ish rambler american wagon on the metro and have one of the coolest short long roofs aroung.
    i'm serious here..for a change.

25. ramzoom

ramzoom
    from California

you mean like this:)

[​IMG]

26. Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  27. tomslik

tomslik

yep, just like that.
    i figgered i wasn't the only one who's thought of it...

okay....how about a sedan delivery?

28. ramzoom

ramzoom
    from California

While were asking..how about a country squire Metro?

29. storm king

storm king

The one I saw several years ago was vey nicely done, not gaudy or overtly pro streeted. Kind of like a sleeper big block chevy powered Nash, if you can imagine such a thing. It was black; featured in Custom rodder or something like that.

30. zzford

zzford

I'd like to extend the front end about 8-10 inches, kinda like a funny car.