Register now to get rid of these ads!

What the........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BOWTIE BROWN, Jun 13, 2011.

1. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

I DID SOME SANDBLASTING FOR A GUY & WHEN I TOOK HIS STUFF BACK I SPOTTED THESE RINGS . HE GAVE THEM (4) TO ME. COULD SOMEONE HELP ME OUT WITH THESE ? I DON'T HAVE A CLUE , NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THEM . LOOK LIKE A CAP WITH THE CENTER CUT OUT , BUT I REALLY DON'T THINK THAT IS THE CASE . HOPE THEY ARE'NT JAP CRAP.
    "AND THE BOWTIE ROLLS ON"
    thinking bout puttin em on my FORD.

Attached Files:

2. Late '40s Mopar most likely, or a copy thereof, beauty rings made to go under dog dish caps.

3. These look like an accessory for mid to late 30s Fords - stock cap was in the center, these snapped on the outside for a "chrome rim" effect. Are they 16"?

4. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Those were available for many late 40s-early 50s Mopars in stainless steel, white-painted steel, and even white plastic.

5. I ran a set like that on my 48 convert. Well not exactly like that as my center hole was only the size of the 48 hubcap. Those look larger than the 16" ones I had. Anyway a dressup beauty ring for a wheel.

6. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

Like for a wide five wheel? i can see that and if that is what it is i want a set.

7. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

They measure 15" across.

8. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

15"-1948-54 Mopar. Most manufacterors by 1950 offered a "small" and a "large" hubcap. Mopar offered smalls with or without "outer caps". Properly used they make
    cool hubcaps, mix and match to yore heart's content.

9. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Better then a shirt with a pocket , i guess . I don't think i can use em , did'nt want to leave them sittin though.
    "AND THE BOWTIE ROLLS ON"

10. R Pope

R Pope

They were optional on a '52 Chevy too, probably '49-'52. Wish I had a set for my '52!