Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs What the hell??? I bought a corvette, purists stand back

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Moriarity, Apr 29, 2011.

1. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

By being a Vette guy(57') longer than a hot rod guy I'd say keep the changes to stuff that can be changed back to stock either by you or by the next guy. That way it'll be worth more in the long run. Now if the correct motor is gone and it's been modified already then I'd go for it !!!! Straight axle and blown gasser style???:D:D:D Just for the record...I'm no purist.

2. grazy

grazy

My dad was heavy into the Mustang thing when I was young I was so tired looking at that B.S. .You see a nice car then leaving the show its on a trailer with a car cover . Two of those anal numbers matching idiots stood in front of our very nice driver 65 air conditioned conv. and argued for 20 min. about how many blades the fan had who cares I cruised chicks in it all night it never overheated on me . After that F*#K IT I dont care how nice or rare it is if its one of two and I want to cut it up the guy with the other ones gonna love me unless someone comes up with silly money to take it away . My wifes friends had us take a trip with them and one day her husband said lets go do guy stuff today. So we ended up at Corvettes at Carlisle he asked me what my favorite car there was my being a Ford guy and all , I told him that early Vette in the swap meet area it was an old straight axle drag car rollbar , ladder bars , big hole in the hood from injector tubes , old lace paint . He looked at me like I was nuts . Then I said to bad somebodys gonna buy it restore it & mess it up . Some of those old race cars built the badass reputation for those cars and made all those guys want one when they were young now they all hate the modified ones even if it was done back when the car was almost new ? ? ? Same thing with my buddies friend he inherited his fathers early T-bird old mild custom that someone had started to take it farther with quad headlights . He got it and finished the way his father had dreamed it before he passed away . People at HOTROD shows would make rude comments about it screwed up what makes some cars sacred that they cant be changed just because you dreamed of a new stock one when they first came out get over it . Everybodys dream car is different so what it isnt what you would want keep your opinions to yourself. You should have saved your money and bought before he did he is living his dream you arent . Maybe all the people you piss off will go buy one & they will restore them or it keep them stock. So you maybe helping preserve the breed in round about way .

3. grazy

grazy

My dad was heavy into the Mustang thing when I was young I was so tired looking at that B.S. .You see a nice car then leaving the show its on a trailer with a car cover . Two of those anal numbers matching idiots stood in front of our very nice driver 65 air conditioned conv. and argued for 20 min. about how many blades the fan had who cares I cruised chicks in it all night it never overheated on me . After that F*#K IT I dont care how nice or rare it is if its one of two and I want to cut it up the guy with the other ones gonna love me unless someone comes up with silly money to take it away . My wifes friends had us take a trip with them and one day her husband said lets go do guy stuff today. So we ended up at Corvettes at Carlisle he asked me what my favorite car there was my being a Ford guy and all , I told him that early Vette in the swap meet area it was an old straight axle drag car rollbar , ladder bars , big hole in the hood from injector tubes , old lace paint . He looked at me like I was nuts . Then I said to bad somebodys gonna buy it restore it & mess it up . Some of those old race cars built the badass reputation for those cars and made all those guys want one when they were young now they all hate the modified ones even if it was done back when the car was almost new ? ? ? Same thing with my buddies friend he inherited his fathers early T-bird old mild custom that someone had started to take it farther with quad headlights . He got it and finished the way his father had dreamed it before he passed away . People at HOTROD shows would make rude comments about it screwed up what makes some cars sacred that they cant be changed just because you dreamed of a new stock one when they first came out get over it . Everybodys dream car is different so what it isnt what you would want keep your opinions to yourself you should have saved your money and bought before he did he is living his dream you arent . Maybe all the people you piss off will go buy one & they will restore them or keep them stock so you maybe helping preserve the breed in round about way .