Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What the hell happened to Hershey

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Joe Musser, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Why don't they move it up? Because then it would conflict with something, somewhere, for sure.

2. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Hershey wouldn't conflict with anything. Whatever else was on would simply disappear.
    Yellow car is a HAMB car!

3. bobberz

bobberz

Thanks, I knew somebody would know!

4. bobberz

bobberz

I like it in October. I'd hate to have to do all that walking around in a humid Pennsylvania August! September wouldn't be any better, either, since it can still be hot/humid plus the higher possibility of hurricanes.

Nope, I think it's perfect the way it is. Out of the past five years, it's been beautiful except for this year.

Besides, then it wouldn't be the AACA Fall Meet, would it?

5. I am hoping to make my first trip to the states next year. I will be on the hunt for a 30-31 5w coupe and a 36-42 mopar truck. My plan is to hit the RJ Revival, ROG, and then 4 days at Hershey, followed by 3-4 days in texas. A lot of my friends that travel to the US regulary think I should be hitting the west coast in search of my treasures instead but I really want those old originals that I hope Hershey can offer. Fingers crossed that Hershey will turn it on for us...or might I be disappointed?:confused:

6. Yeah, that would be nice to do to whatever event ends up going away, too.

7. Nash T

Nash T
    from Virginia

Kind of a delayed post. I spent all week there. Despite the rain, it was great fun. First time there and will definitely be going back. I met a bunch of great people

I tried loading pics but can't...

8. bobberz

bobberz

Greetings from a fellow Virginia HAMBer. Did you re-size the pics? The size limit on here is pretty low for jpg photos. Pretty much any picture taken with a modern digital camera (including newer cell phones) will be too big to post on here. I use JASC Paint Shop Pro to re-size my pics, but there are probably many similar programs you can download as freeware.

Hope this helps!

Hershey is an addiction, once you go, you can never "not go" again!
    I missed it this year, but will be back next year, rain, shine, or hurricane!

9. have a space at Hershey since red field blue field green field yellow field the air strip. If you are a true car/hotrodder this should be on your bucket list. I have friends that say i've been to Carlisle. Well the difference between the two is the difference Carlisle and your local yard sale. I,ve been to all of them and there is only one Hershey.

10. studedudeus

studedudeus

Yea, the strip is really shrinkin'. Why, I remember a few years ago when it used to take a couple of hours and a full tank of gas to make a full circuit......John Milner (paraphrased)

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

The one thing about Hershey that I just don't understand is closing time. Back 40 years ago guys would stay open with Coleman lanterns so guys could shop in the dark. Today every field has lamp posts with lights THAN NEVER GO OUT, but everyone is gone by 7:00, if you want to walk around and scout out stuff until midnight you won't see more than 12 people. Is it and age thing, don't know. Bob

12. i miss that too. it made camping "at your spot" that much more fun. there was also a lot more "test drives" after hours that you don't see as much.
    as i wrote this i realized, we should get lights and keep our spot open longer, and get a jalopy to test drive.
    Bob, WE ARE THE PROBLEM

13. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

Sadly I missed the Fall Hershey due to the death of a close friend. That makes it about 3 times in the past 20 years or so that I have been going. My FIL and 2 BIL's went but the packed it in on Friday due to the rain. Anyone who has not been to an AACA Fall Meet at Hershey owes it to themselves to try it. Sure it's changed and "Hershey mud" is legendary but it's much better since they paved the area. Also I have been told that one of the reasons for it being when it is, is because HersheyPark is open up until about a week before the Fall AACA. I could be wrong but that's what I heard.

14. noboD

noboD

Tue. Wed. and Thur. this year about 4:00 it was like someone turned the light off. All the stands closed up and there were very few walking and looking.

15. MT26

MT26
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

I noticed that there were numerous empty slots where in past years were full of vendors. Maybe the rainy weather had to do with it, don't know. Still had a great
    time as usual though.

16. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

I don't get that sort of attitude, either. I sell at Carlisle, both spring and fall, and if the weather's good and I'm not leaving my space to look around myself, I'm open until I go to bed (in my van). I've made sales to guys with flashlights at midnight. I have to laugh at the vendors across from me in the fall; at precisely 5:00, they tarp over their parts, and then sit back down in the same chairs with their arms folded....????????? Must be that side of the row is union!

17. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

just pulled these from my camera. didn't get more cause camera died because of dampness. all taken 2013.

Attached Files:

18. Topbliss

Topbliss

We love Hershey.. Go every fall. And Carlisle in the spring. I also love the fact that the 80's throw away cars are not becoming Hershey worthy. I love that.. I would rather see that then a 1920's steam powered car... Saw a mint Chrysler Caravan there and made me smile from ear to ear.