Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects WHAT THE HELL DID I DO WITH THAT DAMN PART?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Bdynpnt, same here too! Bruce.

2. WHOA!!!! 001.JPG

Speed~On likes this.
  3. BamaMav, welcome to the club.We are always looking for new members.LOL.Bruce.

4. PHIL COOPY

PHIL COOPY
    Member Emeritus

Still lookin' for the lock washer that fits my steering box shaft.....

5. Desmodromic

Desmodromic

Was making some cardboard templates, when my pencil mysteriously disappeared. After stubbornly searching for 20 minutes, I finally admitted defeat, and went into the house for another. Shortly thereafter, bent down to pick something up, and missing pencil dropped down from behind my ear.

Was running late one time, and spent several minutes looking for my jacket. Then noticed I had already put it on.

VANDENPLAS and 03GMCSonoma like this.
  6. gatz

gatz

Some time ago, I bit the bullet and bought a set of (non-HAMB?) metric line/flare nut wrenches.
    Craftsman brand !
    Was so delighted to finally have them and was looking for a good place in the roll-away to store them.
    Moved some other "stuff" aside in a lower drawer and .........
    found a damn nice new set of SK metric line/flare nut wrenches.
    Could not for the life of me remember when I got those.
    I think the Craftsman set had one wrench that the SK set didn't; so, there's that.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  7. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

Hunting for a part that I bought "the other day", goes as follows:
    1. Passenger seat (we have 4 vehicles in play)
    2. Kitchen table.
    3. Back porch
    4. Small workbench by shop side door
    5. Big workbench
    6. Drive 10 miles to down and buy another part

After reading this thread, I made a designated spot for incoming parts.
    Parts shelf - Med res.jpg

-Brent-, vtx1800, VANDENPLAS and 2 others like this.
  8. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

I'd like to see the "Parts Waiting for Installation" shelf looks like in two years.
    :p

Ford52PU, -Brent-, vtx1800 and 3 others like this.
  9. BJR

BJR

Johnny law is part of the Hoffman group.:p

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  10. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Sad thing is Bruce that was about 12 years ago, and I haven’t gotten any better at remembering!

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  11. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

I thought you guys were just a bunch of morons but I just raised the hood of the '57 to check the oil and found a socket and drive resting on the intake manifold. :oops: I don't remember when it was used there.
    I'd like to apologize to you all.:)

12. I just did that now. I cut a piece of steel and made it the shape I needed and then cut another to make a mirror image of it. I put the piece I had just cut down and went to the phone. No way could I find the piece I just cut. Finally I went back to the phone and moved the piece of paper I had covered it with ... OK back to work. :oops:

13. Thank you guy's, I appreciate the reply's and all the amusing story's that accompany them.

I feel so much better about my mental state! :D HRP

VANDENPLAS, Truck64, wraymen and 2 others like this.
  14. cshades

cshades
    from wi

There was a guy in town that had a ot 69 Camaro, he had a local garage guy put dual 4s on it. When he was done and putting away his tools he couldn't find his 9/16 wrench anywhere, he started bitching at the guy who owned the car that he owed him this wrench. The guy told him basically to kiss off. The guy I worked for back then took the intake back the car about a year later and guess what? there laid the wrench in the lifter valley.

15. LOL, That is Laurel and Hardy material right there. If you can't laugh at yourself once in a while your not allowed to laugh at anyone else.

AChopped1950ford and VANDENPLAS like this.
  16. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Missouri loves company!

wraymen likes this.
  17. ^Virginia bought Georgia a New Jersey so what did Delaware? I don't know, Alaska.

Sky Six likes this.
  18. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

wandering around going through old/used parts that I took off in case I needed another one for sizing or to use as a backup, etc... Hey... is it in this box or that container... wth... never find it when I need it, find it 6 months later when I'm looking for something else.

old trucks are fun.
    xD

19. mountainman2

mountainman2

To which she replied, "Nothing, Idaho".

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  20. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was always looking for my steel dust pan. Always looking. One day I painted it bright yellow so it could be found more easily.

Some time later I looked and looked for the dust pan and could not find it. I bought another and painted it bright yellow.

Some more time later, the second one had disappeared, too. I bought a third one and painted it bright yellow. I can usually find one now.

The strange part is that every time someone new walks into my garage they ask me why I have 3 yellow dust pans.

21. -Brent-

-Brent-

A few pals and I would joke that we'd lost just about everything but it seems like the only thing we've never misplaced was our lunches.

Then, one day one of our crew comes rolling onto the site fuming mad. He bought lunch and lost it somewhere between the restaurant and the truck.

He went back in and bought the same lunch after searching.

We all had a good laugh as he's ranting and we see the bag of food, sitting at the back of his cab resting between the roof and ladder rack.

22. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

well, i just joined the ranks. i bought a new plasma torch gun a few days ago and now i can't find it!!

23. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And it will only get worse. Welcome to the club!

BJR likes this.
  24. BJR

BJR

It's a club where no one can remember where we put the member roster!:p

25. Gman0046

Gman0046

Worked in aviation my whole career. Found lots of tools scattered all over commercial aircraft that mechanics left behind.

26. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I had another thing to add to this list happen over the weekend.

I was doing some “spring cleaning” and found a set of Rocky Mountain brakes I thought I’d sold.

I did a google search to get a little more information about them.....and found the ad I placed in the “for sale” section of the classifieds here in 2017. :eek:

Way to go me...:rolleyes:

27. goldmountain

goldmountain

I'm near-sighted so I often take off my glasses when working in the garage. I keep my safety goggles on top of the small drill press so logic tells me that my glasses are near there. Can't find them and can't see well enough to find them either, so I call my wife to the garage and she finds them. Two days later, I realize that these aren't the right glasses. These are the old ones I lost before I got new ones so I'm still looking.

AChopped1950ford likes this.
  28. threewindaguy

threewindaguy

When we were young, if we dropped something, we just picked it up. Now, when we're older and we drop something, we stare at it for a bit contemplating if we actually need it anymore.

AChopped1950ford, redo32 and bdynpnt like this.
  29. rgdavid

rgdavid

What part ?? ....lol

AChopped1950ford likes this.